Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I really want to know if the Hunter dead zone is back.

Is there an option to use new vs old models on the demo?

Deleted
    That login screen though, feels.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure a lot of why they take so long to prepare Classic is indecision about how Vanilla to actually make it. If you have no sharding/multi-tagging, you're going to have a very fun launch with old mob spawn times as well. That's one thing that popped into my mind even if you kept everything mechanical left as it was that is absolutely going to piss a lot of people off the second they log in.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Unfortunately that is far beyond what we can quickly and easily do. I quickly checked spells, most of the old ones made it outside of some deprecated and NPC spells.

Two "new" spells:

Purple Ogre Costume
    BlizzCon Exhaustion
    Could you give us a link of the Database please?

The number one bug i remember from vanilla that use to drive me nuts is when your character doesn't turn around smoothly.

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    I'm sure a lot of why they take so long to prepare Classic is indecision about how Vanilla to actually make it. If you have no sharding/multi-tagging, you're going to have a very fun launch with old mob spawn times as well. That's one thing that popped into my mind even if you kept everything mechanical left as it was that is absolutely going to piss a lot of people off the second they log in.
    But that's what made the game so much more difficult! Having to wait for re-spawns or be forced to socialize and group up in leveling quests/zones or go solo and fight for each individual mob and collection item.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triginhil View Post
    if they stick to their Vanilla means vanilla quote then colorblind mode along with plenty of quality of life improvements to the game shouldn't be in the game
    At this point the only QOL changes that are confirmed are the automated reporting system, Full Battle.Net integration, Colorblind mode, and improved Widescreen Formatting.

None of these directly affect the "Vanilla is Vanilla" gameplay quote. You will still have to wait 5 seconds to start regenning mana. You will still have to feed your kitty or it'll run away. You'll still have to stance dance on Magmadar cause your guild's Dwarf Priest didn't show up.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Bloodsail Admiral DrIvoRobotnik's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Unfortunately that is far beyond what we can quickly and easily do. I quickly checked spells, most of the old ones made it outside of some deprecated and NPC spells.

Two "new" spells:

Purple Ogre Costume
    BlizzCon Exhaustion
    Oooo, Blizzcon stuff for Classic?

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    At this point the only QOL changes that are confirmed are the automated reporting system, Full Battle.Net integration, Colorblind mode, and improved Widescreen Formatting.

None of these directly affect the "Vanilla is Vanilla" gameplay quote. You will still have to wait 5 seconds to start regenning mana. You will still have to feed your kitty or it'll run away. You'll still have to stance dance on Magmadar cause your guild's Dwarf Priest didn't show up.
    well if they're going with that route then I can see where simply gutting the current game would make sense. also if they add too many QOL changes down the road, its gonna backfire on them. they'd be better off simply adding original Naxx into the current game and letting lvl 60 guilds tackle it as "current" content

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triginhil View Post
    In a past interview they said that they'd need to build the game from the ground up but....what if they used the original cds out there to simply pull the files off them instead of having to rebuild the game OR gut down the current game down. I'm not a game developer so idk which would be the easier route. I just feel using the original retail discs would give the best "Vanilla means Vanilla" experience
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...rcraft-classic Start here it's very basic but gets some of the data base problems talked about
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EazyPee View Post
    Could you give us a link of the Database please?
    People cry for what they had all the while forgetting why it was left behind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sil View Post
    Anyone who works in software development would understand it's not that straight forward. But if you don't, it's too elaborate to even get into it. But trust me it's not that simple.

i wouldn't say its too complicated to explain....

The CD's are not containing everything which makes world of warcraft work.

In modern software development- especially if you build for the masses - you have a server / client system.

That is : all home PCs connect to one server (your realm) and the server cares for syncing and distributing the right information at the right time to the other people playing beside you.

Now the code for the server is NOT on the CD's.
    if it was it would be super easy to setup your own server and then dont pay for the subscription.

Lets put that aside however.

Now that we straightend this out we come to the second part:

The big problem with setting up the server for classic is that the old code from back in the days does not run on newer computers/servers it basically only runs on the old server hardware which was partially up for sale on ebay. It was completly not available to blizzard anymore.
    Only by buying such a server from the new owner they were able to manage to get it back up and running.

They could have released that - but that would include getting back all the servers they previously sold (or many of them)
    additionally they have listed concerns that the old server software has its downsides - its not technologically as advanced as the servers are today. so you get back all the troubles they had in the past with the servers.

Thats when they decided to completly rewrite the server side to use the current technology and tailor classic on top of it.

And thats basically a lot of work

The "Purple Ogre Costume" is the model used for the Carved Idol TCG card thats worth hundreds of dollars now

https://www.wowdb.com/spells/30167-red-ogre-costume

Not sure what that means though

- - - Updated - - -
    @chaud maybe you could see if there's any strings in the files about the subscription model? I assumed it'd be something like with an active retail sub or $10 without one probably not in the demo strings though. Or anything about how they're going to unlock raids
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2018-10-23 at 05:45 AM.

Any hints at earning transmogs for retail buy acquiring items in classic?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoBurning View Post
    People cry for what they had all the while forgetting why it was left behind.
    Yeah sure, it's been 12 fuckin years we had patch 1.13. Read please before typing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalatiphra View Post
    So first lets talk about where Sil's thinking goes wrong:
    The CD's are not containing everything which makes world of warcraft work.
    First of all; nowhere did I state that and that's part of the reason why I wrote what I wrote.
    Judging by your reaction you don't work in software development because you clearly didn't mention any of the complications I was refering too.

Blizzard isn't some private server company, they are a company that keeps going forward and doesn't meddle with old releases, up until now that is.
    If you don't know what you're talking about, don't bother trying to correct someone.

I need this, like now!

Also when is Boub doing the sandbox stream? J/K last one I remember was like WoD and Blizz probably didn't like that

Deleted
    I just wanna kill hogger again... And again.