Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I guess this mean no duelling inside Ironforge either

Sometimes I feel like I could live off tears of these fuckbois that just want broken game... You can actually still play that on some private server, they even add some more bugs on top of that to spice things up for people like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieterman View Post
    Im not forgetting any of that. Its exactly what Ive wanted back for years. The "unbalanced" specs argument is meaningless. In 14 years specs have never been balanced. The difference is that pre wotlk specs mattered beyond numbers. They had something of value that wasnt just dps. Spending 4 hours in a dungeon is exactly what I want. Small loot tables is exactly what I want. Having to CC is exactly what I want.

People love that shit. Why do you think WoW used to be a game for huge nerds? Because only huge nerds like myself liked that kinda stuff. The old game had a different target audience.

Youre telling people they shouldnt like chess because you cant even kick a ball around in chess.
    There is a significant difference between "one of my specs out performs the other two" and "two of my specs are completely and utterly useless because of poor game mechanics".

Also, WoW has ALWAYS targeted the casual audience. WoW's entire selling point to the non Warcraft fans was, "It's easier than Everquest!" The original game just had such shitty mechanics that it felt harder because the gameplay was slower so everything took longer to do. In terms of actual complexity and difficulty current WoW trumps anything Vanilla had. The only difficulty in Vanilla was finding the time to spend a 40 hour work week farming just to keep up and trying to get 40 people with the same schedule to log in for raids.

Quote Originally Posted by hobskins View Post
    Im glad they optimized classic wow for widescreen monitors. I forgot that was a possible issue. I use a widescreen and if it wasn't optimized i wouldn't of even touched classic. Great job!
    Everyone uses widescreen (16/9 or 21/9) monitors for years now, off course they had to do it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kiramon View Post
    Tons of games do this now. IN fact I play on a progression eq2 server.

They had to update a ton otherwise you’d hate it.

Same thing here: again, people think they want classic but they really want a time locked server— things like cat form at level 20 and +1% damage are not exciting lol
    How do you know what people want? You realise that most of us who are waiting for classic servers have been playing on vanilla servers for years? We know what we want.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Ha, no one was banned for benign exploratory wall jumping. As long as you weren't using it to exploit actual gameplay like resource gathering or PVP you were fine. Yeah, I did it quite a bit around TBC/WotLK times when most of the people I knew and played with were quitting the game. Almost all were locations that would eventually be reachable with flying mounts anyway, but it was a fun distraction/challenge back in the day. I'm sure most devs had no problem with people finding places that they themselves spent time and effort on, but I understand why it was generally frowned upon as a "few bad apples spoiling the bunch" kind of thing.

I don't care whether wall jumping will be "fixed" in Classic since I don't intend to play it, but I can sympathize with those who hope it will still be possible.
    Thats the most stupid "feature" to want. That's the example of things that SHOULD be fixed. If you want to go under the map ect, just play in a private server because its not something you do with friends anyway, its a solo thing

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vashe9 View Post
    Thats the most stupid "feature" to want. That's the example of things that SHOULD be fixed. If you want to go under the map ect, just play in a private server because its not something you do with friends anyway, its a solo thing
    Yes but players like you are a minority and some of them will stay on private only because its 100% free. I'm not entirely sure I'll be able to play it again like in 2004 without getting bored after Darshore because 1 lvl = 50 quests

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    No. I think you're exaggerating or making up your experience. People talked to each other back then. People would discuss attunements in guild chat, while hanging around Stormwind and Ironforge, and it was all documented on websites like Thottbot. It wasn't some mystery only a select few knew about, I reject that completely. You're choosing a pointless hill to die on here, for no reason. Attunements existed, most average players knew about them, they weren't especially challenging, and they got done. Period.
    Attunement were harder in TBC (BT (vashj + archi), "Hand of adal" for Sunwell.
    Mc Attunement is easy, bwl is just a quest in ubrs, none for AQ, Naxx is some orbs + reputation.
    You could begin the Onyxia attunement before 60 if I remember correctly and it was not a mystery

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    And to anyone saying "good riddance" to Wall-jumping. You have ousted yourself. I'd wager 99% of the people against it were not even there to have an opinion on it, or were so bad at it that they couldn't even get on top of the water fountain in Stormwind. In other words, feeble-minded trash-tier players.
    Perfect example of the crapola shitstorm the Classic community is going to be. An "I'm more authentic than thou" cabal of posturing wankrags fighting for dominance to the purist throne. In this case, yes, we all do expect the Spanish Inquisition.
    Last edited by HuxNeva; 2018-10-23 at 08:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vashe9 View Post
    I've heard of far more stupid "features" that people want for their "authentic" vanilla experience. And no, it wasn't ONLY a solo thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Austilias View Post
    This is troubling. I was hoping Classic WoW would be on the Classic Client/Launcher/etc.

I want Classic WoW, not "Classic" WoW.
    I just can't understand people like you... That launcher sucked and bugged a lot, the current battle net launcher is a lot better... Do you even imagine how the download/upload/server technonogy has advanced in 14 f***** years ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    I've heard of far more stupid "features" that people want for their "authentic" vanilla experience. And no, it wasn't ONLY a solo thing.
    I think I've tried this to go to IF airport once, and thats all. I've played vanilla day 1 untill TBC release... So... And I was a "hardcore" player raiding 7/7 (stopped on 4 horsemen because not enough warriors tank) I WAS THERE THE WHOLE F**** TIME.
    Maybe filthy casuals were doing this all day but then who cares, because casuals are not going back to vanilla.
    Honnestly, who the hell cares about wall jumping ??? I want to experience old dungeons like they were meant to be thats all, and I NEVER "walljumped" or exploited dungeons or raids. I won't "miss" this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    Perfect example of the crapola shitstorm the Classic community is going to be. An "I'm more authentic than thou" cabal of posturing wankrags fighting for dominance to the purist throne. In this case, yes, we all do expect the Spanish Inquisition.
    Yeah and of course he's wrong, at least for me, because I'm a "vanilla veteran" and totally don't care about old map bugs
    Last edited by vashe9; 2018-10-23 at 08:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieterman View Post
    Im not forgetting any of that. Its exactly what Ive wanted back for years. The "unbalanced" specs argument is meaningless. In 14 years specs have never been balanced. The difference is that pre wotlk specs mattered beyond numbers. They had something of value that wasnt just dps. Spending 4 hours in a dungeon is exactly what I want. Small loot tables is exactly what I want. Having to CC is exactly what I want.

People love that shit. Why do you think WoW used to be a game for huge nerds? Because only huge nerds like myself liked that kinda stuff. The old game had a different target audience.

Youre telling people they shouldnt like chess because you cant even kick a ball around in chess.
    No, I'm telling you that you are contradicting yourself. My response was directly based on your comments about waiting for spec viability in 8.1 and character progression that isn't a lottery fest in BFA. The fact of the matter is - Classic is far worse in every single possible avenue for spec viability and RNG character progression.

It is an absolute fact that BFA's personal loot and trading system give you a much higher chance to actual get the gear you want then having a 1 and 15+ chance per boss per 3-4 hours of actually getting the piece you need.

I'm saying that people complaining about spec balance in BFA and then clamoring for Classic are being foolish, as balance during Vanilla was far worse off then it is currently in BFA.

As for specs mattering outside of just their DPS - I'm going to guess you don't currently raid lead for Mythic. Outside of TBC (and only because many buffs were group based, not raid based), specs/classes matter far more now than they ever have in the game as there are a far more CDs that Mythic Raids are tuned around that you absolutely require to progress if you are not a top 100 guild. There isn't a single class in the game right now that doesn't bring a much needed buff or utility in some way or another - sure, some of the major ones are shared giving a bit more leeway, but that's about it. CC is almost as limited now as it was then - and if you are playing at any sort of higher level, it's still used. Not as much as vanilla, sure, and personally I'll agree with you on enjoying cc, but cc is still alive and well at higher level M+.

My point was - and still is - that the people that think Classic's classes, loot, and gameplay is actually more engaging than what we have now are going to be very disappointed. The only difference is that the game was harder (good thing), more grindy (for the average player - not a good thing), and far, far, more broken.

As a player that has been playing since Vanilla Beta, and has never cancelled my sub for the last 14 years, the only 2 things I'm looking forward to in Classic (outside of the brief nostalgia factor and the darker nights) are the higher difficulty and having servers actually mean something again due to no CRZ/LFG, but the fact is, I'm no longer the average player. The majority of the wow populace nowadays want leveling to cap to take an hour, mounts/flying straight away, gear to be handed out like candy, every spec and possible build and azerite trait to be 100% viable in all content, and every class to be top kek - and Classic isn't going to give them any of that - so they aren't going to play it.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFiddleswitch View Post
    No, I'm telling you that you are contradicting yourself. My response was directly based on your comments about waiting for spec viability in 8.1 and character progression that isn't a lottery fest in BFA. The fact of the matter is - Classic is far worse in every single possible avenue for spec viability and RNG character progression.

It is an absolute fact that BFA's personal loot and trading system give you a much higher chance to actual get the gear you want then having a 1 and 15+ chance per boss per 3-4 hours of actually getting the piece you need.

I'm saying that people complaining about spec balance in BFA and then clamoring for Classic are being foolish, as balance during Vanilla was far worse off then it is currently in BFA.

As for specs mattering outside of just their DPS - I'm going to guess you don't currently raid lead for Mythic. Outside of TBC (and only because many buffs were group based, not raid based), specs/classes matter far more now than they ever have in the game as there are a far more CDs that Mythic Raids are tuned around that you absolutely require to progress if you are not a top 100 guild. There isn't a single class in the game right now that doesn't bring a much needed buff or utility in some way or another - sure, some of the major ones are shared giving a bit more leeway, but that's about it. CC is almost as limited now as it was then - and if you are playing at any sort of higher level, it's still used. Not as much as vanilla, sure, and personally I'll agree with you on enjoying cc, but cc is still alive and well at higher level M+.

My point was - and still is - that the people that think Classic's classes, loot, and gameplay is actually more engaging than what we have now are going to be very disappointed. The only difference is that the game was harder (good thing), more grindy (for the average player - not a good thing), and far, far, more broken.

As a player that has been playing since Vanilla Beta, and has never cancelled my sub for the last 14 years, the only 2 things I'm looking forward to in Classic (outside of the brief nostalgia factor and the darker nights) are the higher difficulty and having servers actually mean something again due to no CRZ/LFG, but the fact is, I'm no longer the average player. The majority of the wow populace nowadays want leveling to cap to take an hour, mounts/flying straight away, gear to be handed out like candy, every spec and possible build and azerite trait to be 100% viable in all content, and every class to be top kek - and Classic isn't going to give them any of that - so they aren't going to play it.
    +1

I'm "waiting" for classic (and got the 40€ demo lol) for the same reasons. But I don't understand the people saying the balance was better back then. It was an unbalanced mess, I'm not sure I'll roll hunter again in Vanilla because of the boring mecanics (... ammo, pet dying and losing happiness in fight (you cant feed it in fight)... it was totally useless and I'm still playing hunter after all these years, never rerolled)
    - and its dps sucks at AQ/Naxx. I think I'll roll a mage (or maybe, warlock) like any ranged dps should do, actually...

Oh and I forgot the melee deadzone and the pet running away, the mana problem without Aspect of the viper (TBC)... No I denfinitely WONT roll hunter again
    Last edited by vashe9; 2018-10-23 at 09:09 AM.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad that they are kinda remastering it, wide screen support was really needed.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    I am a bit angry about it yeah. Current game is struggling like shit and they gonna take resources and developers from it to add some old shit we played to death 10 years ago
    I don't think that currents game problem is resources but the lack of ideas and game design direction. In contrary, I believe they now have much more resources than they ever had.
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Just my opinion but i would at least TRY to implement some changes on specs that are broken (ret/prot pala, boomkin/feral drood, ele/enh shaman, shadow priest etc.) to make them playable both for pvp and pve and it would also improve the gameplay aspect of the game in general (more viable specs means more options to choose for raids) and i mean minor changes like mana costs per spell and dmg tune so no new spells added.

I'm not one of those who started playing in wotlk, i just hit lvl 40 when tbc was nearly released so i know what i'm talking about and i'm also expecting lots of replies from those elitists who thinks it's gonna ruin the classic experience but i can't agree with that:

Classic experience is made of the long journey that it takes to hit max lvl, the 2 hours runs in dungeons, the neverending time spent to get mats for everything and the community that has to cooperate to get objectives starting from early group quests and so on.

Hope they will add minor adjusts to keep the game as it was but more playable in terms of balance.

You have to be kidding me? lol

Not only we get really crappy rewards for Virtual Ticket, but now the promised demo is a limited time only?

This gets better and better.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardian View Post
    Just my opinion but i would at least TRY to implement some changes on specs that are broken (ret/prot pala, boomkin/feral drood, ele/enh shaman, shadow priest etc.) to make them playable both for pvp and pve and it would also improve the gameplay aspect of the game in general (more viable specs means more options to choose for raids) and i mean minor changes like mana costs per spell and dmg tune so no new spells added.

I'm not one of those who started playing in wotlk, i just hit lvl 40 when tbc was nearly released so i know what i'm talking about and i'm also expecting lots of replies from those elitists who thinks it's gonna ruin the classic experience but i can't agree with that:

Classic experience is made of the long journey that it takes to hit max lvl, the 2 hours runs in dungeons, the neverending time spent to get mats for everything and the community that has to cooperate to get objectives starting from early group quests and so on.

Hope they will add minor adjusts to keep the game as it was but more playable in terms of balance.
    Sorry to disturb your bubble about balance but if SC:R is any indicator there will be 0 changes as class balance goes.The game should be the way it was back way back in 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Wall walking fixed? Boo. If dire maul west's ramp also has invisbile walls preventing to solo farm the elites there, then it's not very vanilla, as that nerf was implemented after TBC release. It was so good money to solo farm librams!
    And it was still a exploit good thing that they fixed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Deleted
    There is a 'Classic' button in the Video Settings that sets all of the sliders to the levels that were equivalent to the options available in the 2004 version of the game.

HAHA. Also this they knew we have 4k monitors and tons of ram but meh.. real vanilla feeling included xDDDD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Alodi View Post
    I'm glad that they are kinda remastering it, wide screen support was really needed.
    It was not needed.. but fortnite playerbase comes to wow.. what u gonna expect

Quote Originally Posted by Cardian View Post

They wont since its not tbc. Giving the alliance 1 extra tank isnt good
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DonMakavelix View Post
    There is a 'Classic' button in the Video Settings that sets all of the sliders to the levels that were equivalent to the options available in the 2004 version of the game.

HAHA. Also this they knew we have 4k monitors and tons of ram but meh.. real vanilla feeling included xDDDD

- - - Updated - - -

It was not needed.. but fortnite playerbase comes to wow.. what u gonna expect
    feel free to play in 4:3 if that's what you're looking for , no one's stopping you.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!