Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixius View Post
    And I wonder how many from WoW BFA will sign up for this game? Will the BFA WoW sub number go even further into decline, presuming it is declining? I wonder, I wonder.
    New comers will fap to this.. nobody from real classic will touch this i dont wanna mess my real vanilla feelings with this

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    It will have new things, it will have changes. It must. Any major or minor change is something that Blizzard traditionally has represented with a number going up or a letter added to the end.

In vanilla, what constituted the threshold for what is now considered a content patch was much smaller than it is now.
    1.13 makes sense. It is not a balance patch, it is not a content patch. It is a systems patch. They added colour blind mode and battle-net integration. That alone is worthy of the patch number increase.
    HAHAHA real classic

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm surprised so many are baffled by this. Calling it 1.13 is a very logical approach.

First off, 1.12 was a pretty short lived patch. Only people playing private servers have that large sentimental attachment to the specific patch number. Thinking of it like if it was Counter Strike 1.6 or something.

Second off, they have changed a bunch of things. Brought in much of the Live front-end as well as ability to communicate with the modern back-end. It might be 1.12 in gameplay and feature set (so don't freak out?) but technically it's gone through quite a list of changes to even work, so bumping the version number by one decimal makes sense.

You should be excited that they have made a new 1.X build. From the programmers' perspective there's now officially a new life line for Vanilla WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    I'm surprised so many are baffled by this. Calling it 1.13 is a very logical approach.

First off, 1.12 was a pretty short lived patch. Only people playing private servers have that large sentimental attachment to the specific patch number. Thinking of it like if it was Counter Strike 1.6 or something.

Second off, they have changed a bunch of things. Brought in much of the Live front-end as well as ability to communicate with the modern back-end. It might be 1.12 in gameplay and feature set (so don't freak out?) but technically it's gone through quite a list of changes to even work, so bumping the version number by one decimal makes sense.

You should be excited that they have made a new 1.X build. From the programmers' perspective there's now officially a new life line for Vanilla WoW.
    $$$$ and thats all. The devs dont care what you will feel in this game. Real classic was with bugs/low fps/exploits and this "fixed" 1.13 patch will suck like the BFA sucking now.

Deleted
    It will have new things, it will have changes. It must. Any major or minor change is something that Blizzard traditionally has represented with a number going up or a letter added to the end.

In vanilla, what constituted the threshold for what is now considered a content patch was much smaller than it is now.
    1.13 makes sense. It is not a balance patch, it is not a content patch. It is a systems patch. They added colour blind mode and battle-net integration. That alone is worthy of the patch number increase.
    Yeah but Blizz could have used "1.1a" or similar as a patch number and started Classic from vanilla's beginning patch timeline with the added api goodies, but because they have passed the original 12 patches of vanilla, I will continue to think of Classic as Classic and not as vanilla, just "vanilla-ish" as 1.13 is kind of heading into TBC not vanilla in my WoW personal canonical timeline.

Deleted
    Yeah but Blizz could have used "1.1a" or similar as a patch number and started Classic from vanilla's beginning patch timeline with the added api goodies, but because they have passed the original 12 patches of vanilla, I will continue to think of Classic as Classic and not as vanilla, just "vanilla-ish" as 1.13 is kind of heading into TBC not vanilla in my WoW personal canonical timeline.
    As i said before.. wow 2 will come from this :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DonMakavelix View Post
    As i said before.. wow 2 will come from this :P
    I agree with you, as if Classic or post-BFA WoW doesn't do as well as Blizzard might expect, years of from now of course, then WoW 2.0 will probably be Blizzard's best hope to continue WoW and still appeal to the masses and new generations of players.

10+ Year Old Account
    If TBC for you had nothing to do with its content and all to do with.. the number 13. Then sure. Makes sense.

$$$$ and thats all. The devs dont care what you will feel in this game. Real classic was with bugs/low fps/exploits and this "fixed" 1.13 patch will suck like the BFA sucking now.
    How is investing in a dev team for 2+ years time "$" if all you care is that you want vanilla wow with bugs? Seems to me they could've cheaped out, grabbed the compiled 1.12 from a torrent and bought the Nostalrius server code in that case.

Bull shit.
    Even in the best case scenarios for private servers, the clients were emulated and not running natively.
    This I do not think is accurate. Or am I crazy? I recall firing up the official 1.12 client for Nostalrius with just an edit in the server list. (The client had a bunch of issues, though, but it ran)

Deleted
    Nice finally WE get our mmoRPG game back, all the billys and spergs that blizzard caved into with TF, LFG, lFR, removing reforge, pruning classes and so on keep play your mobile BFA game. The real gamers will now play a REAL game for MEN that put into the time and get the rewards from time put in, not a slot machine bullshit.

#gamersRISEup #Asmongoldourhero

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    If TBC for you had nothing to do with its content and all to do with.. the number 13. Then sure. Makes sense.
    It's nice that some agreement can be achieved at MMO-Champion. But it doesn't matter, I'm just one player. What does matter is that if I can think that, others will too, and they might be more devoted to WoW than me and really screech about it. It's not that important to me at the end of the day, I started as a hard core raider but ended up barely a casual, but the die hards could really kick off about the patch number. I will wait and see over time.

Things go forward. It is very clear that everyone envision and want something else when they think of the vanilla experience, and everyone has something different they think was the downside of vanilla.

Personally, I don't consider call the current iteration of World of Warcraft "Wow", I call it "BFA". It is a new game for me and it is not wow, in the same vein you consider wow classic "classic"

They already, a fair time ago, expressed their desire to go along with "basing the game off of 1.12" and this is what they are doing. Some things will have to adapt themselves. This is inevitable.
    Why do they put themselves at this patch? Because from a developer's point of view, they feel less constrained by this. Imagine if they were forced to patch into the balance changes if they started at 1.1. Imagine the constraint and the iterativeness feeling of that. From 1.13, they are less locked in.
    Will Vanilla evolve from there or be frozen in time? Who knows. I would not mind seeing it evolve, because that is not the aspect of vanilla wow that would be ruined for me. I am aware not everyone shares this. Yes, I would welcome new content but not new expansions per say. I want to play an MMORPG again. I want that MMORPG to be wow. I want that self contained system to carry on, maybe through new content, but not evolve the system which I think they hit the nail on from the get go. Even though I did naxxramas in Vanilla proper (up until and including entire plague wing, spider and construct wings at least) I do not consider it part of the vanilla wow I remember and therefore I would accept more similar raids beyond naxxramas in wow classic.
    I have never cared about the content. As long as they don't mess with the core functionality and punishing/reward system they had. That is vanilla to me. And also not something I expect, since I more expect it to be a frozen in time project.
    Just wanted to say that I understood that people want/are open to different things and show that everyone thinks of vanilla completely differently.

Good - those were the awful things about Classic. Funny in hindsight, but was a pain in the ass - for example, when the boat you were taking randomly became lodged in the side of Alterac Mountains causing you not to move or perform any action that would end up taking (sometimes) a few hours to resolve because a GM had to port you out - meaning that whether it was on weekday evenings or a weekend day, that was part of the day wasted that you had to play WoW.

Bull shit.
    Even in the best case scenarios for private servers, the clients were emulated and not running natively.
    Your answer does not exactly fit his comment I think.
    The client of private servers is strictly the same Blizzard had at the time. The server is emulated.
    A scenario where Blizzard provides its own updated server, but use the same 1.12.1 client would have been technically possible. Not ideal, but possible.

Updating the client was just a really good strategy to reuse existing modern server software and at the same time fix client-side problems/incompatibilities.

Always bought virtual ticket for pets and blizzcon murlogs ftw. Sadly no pet and 10€ more expansive for just a demo. Nah gonna skip ticket this year and read all stuff on mmo.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    I've never purchased BlizzCon. I did consider it to check out Classic, but the $50 price tag and not even an in-game mount reward this year was a definite no from me. While it's cool they're letting home viewers join in on the demo action, their decision to limit the availability of the demo to BlizzCon week AND their recent announcement that even your time to play during said week will be restricted, is absurd.
    The game is obviously not ready and they don't want people to have infinite time with it.. so they need to put harsh restrictions in place.

Quote Originally Posted by blulingo View Post
    Nice finally WE get our mmoRPG game back, all the billys and spergs that blizzard caved into with TF, LFG, lFR, removing reforge, pruning classes and so on keep play your mobile BFA game. The real gamers will now play a REAL game for MEN that put into the time and get the rewards from time put in, not a slot machine bullshit.

#gamersRISEup #Asmongoldourhero
    You sound like a 10 year old, so I doubt you were even born when Classic came out. The fact you also tagged assmangold also further proves this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post

Cinematic*
    Savage. Just wanted to see comment of this type, lmao.

Deleted
    Things go forward. It is very clear that everyone envision and want something else when they think of the vanilla experience, and everyone has something different they think was the downside of vanilla.

Personally, I don't consider call the current iteration of World of Warcraft "Wow", I call it "BFA". It is a new game for me and it is not wow, in the same vein you consider wow classic "classic"

They already, a fair time ago, expressed their desire to go along with "basing the game off of 1.12" and this is what they are doing. Some things will have to adapt themselves. This is inevitable.
    Why do they put themselves at this patch? Because from a developer's point of view, they feel less constrained by this. Imagine if they were forced to patch into the balance changes if they started at 1.1. Imagine the constraint and the iterativeness feeling of that. From 1.13, they are less locked in.
    Will Vanilla evolve from there or be frozen in time? Who knows. I would not mind seeing it evolve, because that is not the aspect of vanilla wow that would be ruined for me. I am aware not everyone shares this. Yes, I would welcome new content but not new expansions per say. I want to play an MMORPG again. I want that MMORPG to be wow. I want that self contained system to carry on, maybe through new content, but not evolve the system which I think they hit the nail on from the get go. Even though I did naxxramas in Vanilla proper (up until and including entire plague wing, spider and construct wings at least) I do not consider it part of the vanilla wow I remember and therefore I would accept more similar raids beyond naxxramas in wow classic.
    I have never cared about the content. As long as they don't mess with the core functionality and punishing/reward system they had. That is vanilla to me. And also not something I expect, since I more expect it to be a frozen in time project.
    Just wanted to say that I understood that people want/are open to different things and show that everyone thinks of vanilla completely differently.
    Thank you for your well thought out reply. Yes horses for courses indeed about vanilla interpretation, one persons drink is another person's poison and so on. I think I will wait to see how the hardcore WoW players handle it, I feel there might be some explody moments, or maybe there won't be over the patch number. I'm not hard core anymore but I used to be earlier on in WoW's timeline. I just did some PvP arena's and BG's rather than raids in the end over time and barely do anything else other than cursory casual play. I'm going to wait and see what the hardcore WoW veteran's make of it from a relaxed distance. I will still think of Classic as vanilla-ish instead of vanilla at the end of the day.
    Last edited by mmocb54112e783; 2018-10-23 at 11:52 AM.

Deleted
    Oh and dont forget when wow2 comes from this.. it will be f4p..

Quote Originally Posted by Planetdune View Post
    The game is obviously not ready and they don't want people to have infinite time with it.. so they need to put harsh restrictions in place.
    No, but people that are actually at Blizzcon have always had time restrains so people don't sit there all day with queues becoming unmanagable or people not being able to play. It also makes sense for this to apply to people that get to play at home, as it allows the servers to not be fxcking overloaded to death.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceOfThaWest View Post
    idk how it's savage when that button as always been there, "lmao"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceOfThaWest View Post
    Yeah.. look how our lovely woman devs do.. xD