Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Some of the best dungeon, and raid design this game has ever seen. Some of the best questing and leveling experience. The start of CM's. Decent PVP. Lots of cosmetics for the casuals as well. Including all of that was the amazing class design. So yes, I'd play MoP again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    yet it's voted the 2nd best xpac of all time.

seems the problem is you.
    Second? Unlikely. Wrath and Bc stood head and shoulders above it, and I'm pretty sure most people rate Legion ahead of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MHMabrito View Post
    Some of the best dungeon
    You're kidding right? Maybe the raids were good, but the dungeons were not some of the best.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Second? Unlikely. Wrath and Bc stood head and shoulders above it, and I'm pretty sure most people rate Legion ahead of it.
    mmo-c already voted, mop beat both legion & TBC.

i'll take some panda's for the best class design this game has ever seen anyday.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

You're kidding right? Maybe the raids were good, but the dungeons were not some of the best.
    They definitely were, and are still referenced by the dungeon community.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CasualFilth View Post
    No.

Daily quest galore. Yeah, no, the increase rep for alts isn't even helpful.
    Trash catch-up system (Farming Frogs in Timeless Isle, remember that?)
    Frantic story (sha, Garrosh, etc.)
    Class design continued over the fallacies of Cataclysm (unkillable healers in PvP, remember THOSE?)
    Pandas
    Strong reliance of time-gating for unlocking story quests.
    cataclysm and pandaria had best class designs lol

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    The expansion? As in a 'Classic' Pandaland server? No way. I'd play a BC or Wrath one but nothing else.

As in that direction of class design? It was shit in its own way but it's like that since Wrath though. Every time you get something better and something worse. Usually a lot of worse with a little side of better, at least for Ret. Thankfully they're at such a low amount of good that there really isn't anything worse they can do and taking away things might accidentally make the spec better.

As in that direction of raid design? Fuck no. Raids have been as good or better each expansion and they come out faster too. Raids have been one thing that Blizzard has absolutely not fucked up in any way in terms of encounter design.

As in that direction of content? Pandaland was dailies and world PVP. So is BFA. At least in BFA you get shit out of it like allied races.

As in that world design? Pandaland really grew on me and I started to really like it. More than that, I genuinely missed it after it was gone. Maybe Warlords made it seem better and maybe Legion seemed so good after Warlords but who knows. BFA is full of really nicely made zones and I like them but so was Pandaland.

So I guess overall BFA is better than Pandaland on all fronts or at least as good as it is.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

I really don't understand all the hate for Panda's either, considering they've been in the lore since WCII.

In a heartbeat, tot was one of the best raid ever, SoO wasn't that bad either, isle of thunder is the best end game zone and timeless isle was lot of fun, classes had some kind of depth too, i miss mop mage bomb when you actually had a choice between living bomb, frost bomb and arcane tempest
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

MoP was a disaster. Tons of daily quests, shitty aesthetics that doesnt fit the game well, scenarios that were far worse even than dogshit island expeditions, happy farm mobile-like game (boring af). Anyway i would play something like merging BFA with MoP class and gearing mechanics.

I mostly just want the class design back.

10+ Year Old Account
    They definitely were, and are still referenced by the dungeon community.
    Can you prove that? I doubt it.

People complaining about MoP dailies clearly didn’t play TBC lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Dravec View Post
    yeah i don't get it the rep's weren't that bad, it got far worse in WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    yeah i don't get it the rep's weren't that bad, it got far worse in WoD.
    WoD reps were useless outside of the Tanaan one. I’d take dailies over The Pit Apexis farming.

In TBC, you had daily for 3 factions at first, then a 4th in the last patch, so you were done with the first 3 before the last one. In MOP, you had 6 factions at start with 2 more added later. So yeah, double the faction and double the amount of daily needed.
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

WoD reps were useless outside of the Tanaan one. I’d take dailies over The Pit Apexis farming.
    exactly it was really pointless i remember farming them months later when overgeared because it was boring.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    If they quit because the first month of MoP had dailies then I think your friends were just burnt out from WoW in general. Because that amount wasn't insane either, nor was it all that required.
    I had a case of burnout - to some extent because I had more fun with LOTRO, and also because you had reputations gated behind reputations. After they have fixed that and added some reliefs to farming reputations (like Tillers turn-ins), I returned.

- - - Updated - - -

I really don't understand all the hate for Panda's either, considering they've been in the lore since WCII.
    They also had really good storytelling in MoP. I had much more fun questing along pandas than playing the stupid faction war sideshow.

Mechagnome
    5+ Year Old Account
    I'd like some of the aspects of it, such as how they originally implemented lfr. And the little house on halfhill that was like the perfect level of "Garrisoning" for me and a nice crafting aid. as well as the abundance of RP spots and the coherent theme. But I am in that route where I loved everything about the expansion but the pandas, they just grated on me when I originally thought they looked adorable. BUT the Klaxxi, the Mogu, even the August Celestials and the reveal of the mists being the spirit of the first Emperor. So if they could create the feel of MoP sans Pandaren and Sha I would be all for it, You could tell the team put their hearts into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zequill View Post
    In TBC, you had daily for 3 factions at first, then a 4th in the last patch, so you were done with the first 3 before the last one. In MOP, you had 6 factions at start with 2 more added later. So yeah, double the faction and double the amount of daily needed.
    Dailies for Ogrila, Sporeggar, Skyguard, Aldor and Scryer. Then you had Netherwing and then Shattered Sun. Aldor and Scryer rep mainly had you mindlessly grinding mobs for tokens. Super exciting. The other factions had 1-2 dailies then you had to spam dungeons.
    Last edited by Dravec; 2018-10-23 at 03:34 PM.

Dailies for Ogrila, Sporeggar, Consortium, Skyguard, Aldor and Scryer. Then you had Netherwing and then Shattered Sun. Aldor and Scryer rep mainly had you mindlessly grinding mobs for tokens. Super exciting. The other factions had 1-2 dailies then you had to spam dungeons.
    Name me a single Sporeggar, Aldor, Scryer and Consortium DAILY. Those didn't had dailies, they had good old item farming. Daily came in 2.1 for the Netherwing, Ogri'la, and Sha'tari Skyguard factions.
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads