Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Reunite with North Korea, problem solved.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    More incentives to have children (money, better housing, paid childcare, etc).
    Won't work. Japan has also this problem, this is mainly due to their work culture: men work until killing themselves, they almost never see their wives, when they do, they are so tired they don't want to fuck, so their wives don't get pregnant, so they don't have kids.
    Women stop working when they get married, so they leave the workforce, recently, the governement tried to get incentives to get women go again on the workplace, but it doesn't work, and i would say: it will have negative effects at long term, because women will also kill themselves at work and in any way, won't make kids too.
    South Korea is very similar; plus, you add the vast number of e-sport, with all those "athletes" who are surrounded by women (they are litteraly superstars), but they are essentialy manchildren with heavy social troubles (even by SK standards), so they don't reproduce.
    You can also add the problem of plastic chirurgy and beauty standards who are becoming out of control, leading to mass rejection between sexes, and more, and more.

If all, it will only get worse and worse, unfortunatly.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    The world is overpopulated why is this a bad thing?
    This is actually a myth. The world is not near overpopulated.

That could definitely be a solution, but SKoreans are very racist and value preserving their culture, which I can understand, but when your economy is in danger because of the lack of births, you need to bring more people in and not protest immigrants because you think they’re all rapists and a danger to women, etc.
    You'd think people would think, but you'd be thinking wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Overcrowding?

- - - Updated - - -

Considering the history and animosity between those countries, you need to give a couple of centuries for such ideas to be realistic.
    Of course not, simply maintaining the population.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Of course not, simply maintaining the population.
    The planet is overcrowded already.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Nope, not really. Luckily, birth rates are falling, so that's a great sign for you. Immigration solves low birth rates within a smaller area. And, since we are not getting immigrants from other planets, the population of the overall planet is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle View Post
    It's not overpopulation in regards to the amount of humans in general, rather the resources needed to adequately feed and house them.

The issue is not being is not being overcrowded it is about having the resources and the technology to feed and maintain our population long term. There was a time people predicted that the world was too crowded in the 1900s because their technology couldn't sustain the current population.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nope, not really.
    We are consuming unsustainable amount of resources, especially in regions with the highest fertility rates.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

We are consuming unsustainable amount of resources, especially in regions with the highest fertility rates.
    Then people should seek to lower birth rates, but that doesn't argue against why immigration is a solution when the birth rates mean a population cannot sustain itself.

Then we should stop it before it does.

15+ Year Old Account
    Then people should seek to lower birth rates, but that doesn't argue against why immigration is a solution when the birth rates mean a population cannot sustain itself.
    There is no need to sustain the current population level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shouldnt the solution to be to target the areas with high birth rates and educate them into smaller birth rates, rather than tell areas with already low birth rates "good job, go lower!" since that just adversely affects the economy? And I say educate because as a country develops, the birth rates start declining.

like I really dont get the "too much population" argument when we're talking about countries who are already having issues with too low replacement rates, and NOT countries that breed like rabbits.

Correct, but that doesn’t mean the world is overpopulated and decreasing the population isn’t a solution, as we’ve seen with China. The solution is to stop using fossils fuels and start using more renewable energy, and places like the US need stricter energy consumption laws, since they’re the biggest contributor.
    We likely should begin to decrease the population once automation begins to outpace most blue-collar work. Makes universal basic income a lot easier at least.

There is no need to sustain the current population level.
    Then let the birth rates fall, I'm cool with that. That in no way argues against immigration, as it is fundamentally the same as a birth to that particular area, and a death to the area they left.

Ugh. The world isn’t overpopulated; regions are. That’s an important distinction.
    Won't work. Japan has also this problem, this is mainly due to their work culture: men work until killing themselves, they almost never see their wives, when they do, they are so tired they don't want to fuck, so their wives don't get pregnant, so they don't have kids.
    Women stop working when they get married, so they leave the workforce, recently, the governement tried to get incentives to get women go again on the workplace, but it doesn't work, and i would say: it will have negative effects at long term, because women will also kill themselves at work and in any way, won't make kids too.
    South Korea is very similar; plus, you add the vast number of e-sport, with all those "athletes" who are surrounded by women (they are litteraly superstars), but they are essentialy manchildren with heavy social troubles (even by SK standards), so they don't reproduce.
    You can also add the problem of plastic chirurgy and beauty standards who are becoming out of control, leading to mass rejection between sexes, and more, and more.

If all, it will only get worse and worse, unfortunatly.

Nope, not really. Luckily, birth rates are falling, so that's a great sign for you. Immigration solves low birth rates within a smaller area. And, since we are not getting immigrants from other planets, the population of the overall planet is irrelevant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    The issue is not being is not being overcrowded it is about having the resources and the technology to feed and maintain our population long term. There was a time people predicted that the world was too crowded in the 1900s because their technology couldn't sustain the current population.
    Correct, but that doesn’t mean the world is overpopulated and decreasing the population isn’t a solution, as we’ve seen with China. The solution is to stop using fossils fuels and start using more renewable energy, and places like the US need stricter energy consumption laws, since they’re the biggest contributor.

And places with the highest birth rates (like India) are using the least amount of resources.

So thats why the climate is doing so good? Also look at topsoil erosion. This planet has limited resources, it should be able to sustain life for the remaining (estimated) 1 billion year (thats 1000 million), todays humans have only existed for about 200k years. We have a very, very VERY long time left.

Taking stuff from space is cheating. Just because we can, doesn't mean we should. Our food is so terrible today, its not grown to be as health for us, instead just to grow with less water and light etc.

Deleted
    Evolutionary bio and psych doing their things while the NPCs remain in denial

Just don't expect a pension when you're old

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    So thats why the climate is doing so good? Also look at topsoil erosion. This planet has limited resources, it should be able to sustain life for the remaining (estimated) 1 billion year (thats 1000 million), todays humans have only existed for about 200k years. We have a very, very VERY long time left.

Taking stuff from space is cheating. Just because we can, doesn't mean we should. Our food is so terrible today, its not grown to be as health for us, instead just to grow with less water and light etc.
    That's an argument to target the top resource users and get them to decrease / get the high birthrate countries to lower the birthrate, not to target the lowest birthrate countries and tell them to stop populating.

Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post

Maybe people should be a little more Earth conscious, just a thought.

GMO products are a great scientific advancement, and I look forward to more and more breakthroughs.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    More incentives to have children (money, better housing, paid childcare, etc).
    Actually, it has been found to be insanely expensive to try and basically pay women to have babies. So far no country has reversed a declining birth rate this way, or at least hasn't managed to do it that way in any meaningful time scale.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Deleted
    “so long as every female, simply by virtue of her anatomy, is obliged, even forced, to be the sole or primary caretaker of childhood, she is prevented from being a free human being”

“the nuclear family must be destroyed… Whatever its ultimate meaning, the break-up of families now is an objectively revolutionary process”