The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    So, excellent news everyone

https://www.facebook.com/wfaa/photos...type=3&theater

If that doesnt pop up, basically we went from our 1st day early turnouts going from 13-14k to nearly 60k for Dallas County.

Should link to a WFAA post (credible) who sites the county judge (also credible).
    Whoa. In TX is more voter turnout any indication of one party or another?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Not really. We've got raw voter counts (and there are similar numbers for Houston), but no indication of party.

My personal belief from what I've seen is that if Cruz does win, it wont be by a lot. This has been the most energized Ive seen Texas in awhile, and I think Beto is showing the way to try and win here for future moderate Democrats.

Of course, rump is here energizing the Republican base too so...

and I say moderate, because a NY type Democrat or a progressive like Bernie would get crushed to smithereens.
    Last edited by Crissi; 2018-10-23 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvalen View Post
    Oh no, I have to find a way to incorporate this phrase into my life.
    Haha. It showed up as a meme after the famous: "Are you not entertained!" phrase from The Gladiator.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the Dems will take the House with a 20 seat majority (so 227 dems to 208 gop). Senate will stay the same, no cumulative seats lost or gained, just different States swinging red or blue.
    +20 is actually on the low side of current predictions.
    https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...orecast/house/
    Median projected Democrat gain in the House is ~40.

Of course that's all subject to change.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

If I had to guess, where the high turnout is happening might be a sign. Dallas county, an area that IIRC is represented by 2 dems and 2 gop, leans much more (D) than the rest of the state (though not quite houston levels).

Edit: I should be clear, if you see similar increases in voter turnout in more heavily gop counties, it won't count for much.
    Last edited by Ripster42; 2018-10-23 at 07:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

My personal belief from what I've seen is that if Cruz does win, it wont be by a lot. This has been the most energized Ive seen Texas in awhile, and I think Beto is showing the way to try and win here for future moderate Democrats.
    It also helps that Cruz is extremely unpopular.

10+ Year Old Account
    Inside the dream. But who is the dreamer?
    Quote Originally Posted by Eveningforest View Post
    Haha. It showed up as a meme after the famous: "Are you not entertained!" phrase from The Gladiator.
    I think I'm finally becoming old, because I'm very behind when it comes to memes. I remember "Now is the winter of our discount tent," but that was like 2007 at the latest (I know because of what was going on in my life at the time, ugh).

Back on topic, friend of mine who's originally from Houston said that the district she grew up in might turn blue for the first time in 50 years.
    Link to image.

I don't need you to respect me, I respect me. I don't need you to love me, I love me. But I want you to know you could know me if you change your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvalen View Post
    I think I'm finally becoming old, because I'm very behind when it comes to memes. I remember "Now is the winter of our discount tent," but that was like 2007 at the latest (I know because of what was going on in my life at the time, ugh).
    Oh, the huge manatee!

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    +20 is actually on the low side of current predictions.
    https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...orecast/house/
    Median projected Democrat gain in the House is ~40.

Of course that's all subject to change.
    Oh, don't tell me bub.

I've not only linked fivethirtyeight on the front of this OP, I check it multiple times daily - even though I know that's not how it works. The trend is fantastic, and I'm excited to see the dramatic shift in favor of a major Blue Wave taking the House (and almost the Senate - fuckin' Cruz).

I'm also cautiously optimistic in my posts here. Especially with DocSavage asking me to down on record. Plus, the 2016 election was frightening from a percentage chance of XXX.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Oh, the huge manatee!
    And "I'm a-chargin' my laser!" turning into "I'm in charge of Malaysia!"
    Link to image.

I don't need you to respect me, I respect me. I don't need you to love me, I love me. But I want you to know you could know me if you change your mind.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    If I had to guess, where the high turnout is happening might be a sign. Dallas county, an area that IIRC is represented by 2 dems and 2 gop, leans much more (D) than the rest of the state (though not quite houston levels).

Edit: I should be clear, if you see similar increases in voter turnout in more heavily gop counties, it won't count for much.
    I've seen articles suggesting that TX is slowly swinging Blue, and that in the next 15-20 years it will be a solid blue state. That would be nuts.

I've seen articles suggesting that TX is slowly swinging Blue, and that in the next 15-20 years it will be a solid blue state. That would be nuts.
    I've seen that too. It sounds like young people are drawn to their cities from other states for employment opportunities, affordable housing and decent nightlife. Let's not forget their growing Hispanic population and a pretty large AA population.
    Here is to hoping.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    It also helps that Cruz is extremely unpopular.
    Yeah, I think sanininicus said it best. When we're unhappy with our reps, we flirt with the other party. Problem is, that takes a lot

- - - Updated - - -

I've seen that too. It sounds like young people are drawn to their cities from other states for employment opportunities, affordable housing and decent nightlife. Let's not forget their growing Hispanic population and a pretty large AA population.
    Here is to hoping.
    Which is why we see a lot of "stop Californiaing our Texas"

fuckfaces (not you, the randoms complaining about california), this is what Republican themselves have been trying to do: draw people form out of state into our state.

10+ Year Old Account

fuckfaces (not you, the randoms complaining about california), this is what Republican themselves have been trying to do: draw people form out of state into our state.
    Joke's on them, I came from West Virginia. I've always been a blue in a red state.
    Link to image.

OR and WA went through the same crap; couldn't stop it either.

Btw, good to see your enthusiasm about Beto. What a cool candidate.

10+ Year Old Account
    OR and WA went through the same crap; couldn't stop it either.

Btw, good to see your enthusiasm about Beto. What a cool candidate.
    yeah, the only way to stop it is to stop being so business friendly, and I think that's even more anathema to Texans.

and Beto is amazing. Granted Im fairly into Texas politics anyways, but its really nice to finally see a democratic candidate that isnt a 1 issue person or has the charisma of a tree.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah, the only way to stop it is to stop being so business friendly, and I think that's even more anathema to Texans.

and Beto is amazing. Granted Im fairly into Texas politics anyways, but its really nice to finally see a democratic candidate that isnt a 1 issue person or has the charisma of a tree.
    I haven't been paying as much attention to her as I should, but MJ Hegar seems pretty great as well. She's on the Williamson County ballot, so I'll get to vote for her.
    Link to image.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

He does seem like the real deal.

Quick TX question: did he give up his House seat to run for Senate or is that still waiting in the wings if he loses the Senate run?

Yeah, I think sanininicus said it best. When we're unhappy with our reps, we flirt with the other party. Problem is, that takes a lot

- - - Updated - - -

Well! When you advertised for Californians to come to Texas (Rick Perry did radio and billboard advertising during the CA real estate bust), you get Californians. When you started calling Austin Silicon Hill, you get Californians.

My prediction it will be a draw where both sides claim victory especially Trump.

If the dems take Arizona senate seat then that could be a very important barometer for the dems.

My prediction is the Dems almost take the House and they win all the senate seats up for grabs except for North Dakota which still leaves them short to retake the senate.

It will be a night where everyone claims victory but still leaves the future about whats gonna happen in 2020 still very much a mystery.
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2018-10-24 at 04:14 AM.