Thread: EP vs MP

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

EP vs MP

I've tried running EP but with the amount of mechanic dodging and movement on fights, I find it really unsatisfying that I can't achieve a near 100% up-time. It's probably just my OCD but it just nags at me the whole time it's not up and ends up with me just giving up and I stop caring because I can't do it perfectly.

Anyone else with this issue?

What are people's average up-time and what does it need to be to to be better than MP?

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, but what is EP and MP?

Deleted
    Elaborate Planning and Master Poisoner

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by clinophobia View Post
    Elaborate planning and Master Poisoner (1st row talents)

@ OP Even top parsing rogues cant keep up 100% uptime (check logs, uptime is between 60-70%) Tbh, at least for my char, the difference between EP and MP is around 200dps (favoring EP). When i raid i switch to EP and i just forget it. Outdoors and pvp i go for MP

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh lol okay, thanks guys. I am usin it like @droidzone but usually I just forget that I have EP and do WQ etc. with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagnizzle View Post
    I've tried running EP but with the amount of mechanic dodging and movement on fights, I find it really unsatisfying that I can't achieve a near 100% up-time. It's probably just my OCD but it just nags at me the whole time it's not up and ends up with me just giving up and I stop caring because I can't do it perfectly.

Anyone else with this issue?

What are people's average up-time and what does it need to be to to be better than MP?
    You don’t really have to think much about EP. Only during empowered Garrote. My only concern with EP is the stupid sound it makes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    You don’t really have to think much about EP. Only during empowered Garrote. My only concern with EP is the stupid sound it makes.
    But obviously if it's uptime isn't high enough it isn't worth using over MP...so we do have to be aware of it.

What's the min uptime to keep it viable?

Deleted
    But obviously if it's uptime isn't high enough it isn't worth using over MP...so we do have to be aware of it.

Just check the uptime from simcraft and compare the dps to MP.
    If EP is more dps u have to reach atleast the simcraft uptime.
    Keep in mind simcraft is doing patchwerk. MP works better on movement bosses

MP is really only used in pvp and maybe world content atm. It only effects deadly/wound poison damage and the utility poisons. Even if your ep uptime is not that great it would probably still pull ahead.

You should not think about total uptime right now. Only during empowered garrote. Outside it you should still use your abilities at 4-5 combo points and just play well. You shouldn’t use your abilities at less combo points to try and get higher uptime.

The uptime of EP is just the result of a normal rotation.

MP is better and less thinking. Unless your leader says stay on all the bosses and dont move for anything, thats when you can use EP, which..is never.

Quote Originally Posted by kran1um View Post
    MP is better and less thinking. Unless your leader says stay on all the bosses and dont move for anything, thats when you can use EP, which..is never.
    lolwat? literally noone runs MP...

elaborate planning is waaay better because MP doesnt buff bleeds

you can have pretty good uptime on most bosses really.

what uldir bosses force you away for extended periods of time?
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2018-10-23 at 11:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    MP is really only used in pvp and maybe world content atm. It only effects deadly/wound poison damage and the utility poisons. Even if your ep uptime is not that great it would probably still pull ahead.
    Actually EP is better for arena because you use to go with MFD and every ks you've a 10% increased damage for the whole duration, wich is actually your burst phase (when you want to land a kill I mean). But it's also true that most people tend to go with mp to get a little extra substained damage, but it depends on the comps you use/face in that moment.

I think it will be better in PVE to go MP just in case you don't want to think on your rotation and stuff, and EP if you're able to mantain your rotation (i mean of course if you can FOK a lot of targets and rupture all of them you'll generate tons of energy and keep up the damage up from MP but also your deadly poison will do more damage and they don't only tick but can do extra damage on input if you use FOK... so I guess that it's up to you).
    BTW I think it's important to notice that if you're playing EP it's better to energy pool while the buff is up and you are full on CP, so you can use an enveom (right before the buff ends so you get the +10% damage) and then you refresh the buff and spam 2 mutilates with the extra damage... then you wait again and do your thing (even to refresh rupture)... you can even finish with 3 cp if you want to keep up the buff more time

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    lolwat? literally noone runs MP...

elaborate planning is waaay better because MP doesnt buff bleeds

you can have pretty good uptime on most bosses really.

what uldir bosses force you away for extended periods of time?
    Most of them. Unless just facerolling and not getting adds, is there a boss with no add work besides Mother? I tried both, I happen to sim better on my alt which is probably, more than likely less geared; you might sim higher, it depends I guess on how well you are dressed and what sparkles.

Most of them. Unless just facerolling and not getting adds, is there a boss with no add work besides Mother? I tried both, I happen to sim better on my alt which is probably, more than likely less geared; you might sim higher, it depends I guess on how well you are dressed and what sparkles.
    so what if there's add work? you're there instantly.

1. taloc is just faceroll
    2. so is mother
    3. on zekvoz you run out occasionally for like 3 seconds to drop the pool
    4. vectis you have max uptime aside from when you cnat hit anything and there it doesnt matter
    5. fetid you run to the adds but if you're assa you're hitting the big add which is always next to the boss so again no uptime lost
    6. zul you'ren ot assa anyway but you'd have 100% uptime if you were
    7. mythrax you can have near 100% uptime on something at all times be it the big add or mythrax himself, sometimes there's downtime but then there isnt anythign to hit anyway
    8. ghuun MP might be better on P1 but that doesnt matter, and ep is definitely better on where it matters (p3 and the nuke phase)

ofc if it sims better then go ahead and use it, but I dont see how it could
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2018-10-24 at 10:26 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    No boss un uldir has any peiod or time where there is nothing to use a finisher on for EP uptime adds have zero effect on EP uptime and the only time MP should ever aim higher is with double/triple Dd set ups running Tb.
    Last edited by Firatha; 2018-10-24 at 09:27 PM.
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

Again, people need to sim themselves. unless everyone has the same gear then I agree.

Deleted
    MA isnt that far behind as some seem to think it is. For me it only sim 0,1-0,2% lower than EP.
    Besides that, the enhanced effect on non-lethal poisons can be usefull in some situations.

As others said, you arnt supposed to have a 100% uptime on EP.
    But when you loose the buff, its a good idea to pool energy, so you can pump as much dmg into the buff window as possible. And cast envenom right before EP runs of, so envenom get the dmg bonus aswell. (doesnt matter with rupture, since it doesnt get snapshot buffed)

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you can maintain the EP buff you should stick with it, otherwise it doesn't really matter...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clinophobia View Post
    is that a serious question lol?

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE