Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLoque View Post
    I remember when Blizzard tried hard to explain everyone why having multiple currencies is bad. So we've got a new currency. Nice.
    And I remember several paragraphs of explanation of Reorigination Array and its tooltip being removed.

So lets see 2-3 weeks per random piece 5-8 weeks per each specific so i you want to avoid RNG and the possibility of getting two of the same crappy piece You will in a year be able to aquire 6-10 Armor pieces using the "premium" option every YEAR.

And this does not take into account
    -Ilvl increases
    -New traits
    -Buffs/nerfs to traits
    -Having multiple sets for Single target, AOE, Tanking, Healing or PvP

This will basicly mean if you only want to play M+ and you dont like PvP or Raids you will never be able to biuld a set of many azerite pieces to swap inbetween... You know what this whole boring uninspiring system was biult around.

The only real "fix" i can see for the drop part of Azerite armor is to simply have the armor drop like any other loot at the end of a dungeon. And no i dont care about how Blizzard wants us to aquire the azerite armor it should never be up to them to tell a player how he/she plays the game.
    Last edited by Eleriol; 2018-10-24 at 09:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleriol View Post
    So lets see 2-3 weeks per random piece 5-8 weeks per each specific so i you want to avoid RNG and the possibility of getting two of the same crappy piece You will in a year be able to aquire 6-10 Armor pieces using the "premium" option every YEAR.

-Ilvl increases
    -New traits
    -Buffs/nerfs to traits

This will basicly mean if you only want to play M+ and you dont like PvP or Raids you will never be able to biuld a set of many azerite pieces to swap inbetween... You know what this whole boring uninspiring system was biult around.

The only real "fix" i can see for the drop part of Azerite armor is to simply have the armor drop like any other loot at the end of a dungeon. And no i dont care about how Blizzard wants us to aquire the azerite armor it should never be up to them to tell a player how he/she plays the game.
    Maybe it would be possible to expand the loot tables to all available azerite and give an option to earn currency from each different activity? Nah, they won't do that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleriol View Post

-Ilvl increases
    -New traits
    -Buffs/nerfs to traits

Can you please show us the blue post where Blizzard tells us that this will be the only way to obtain Azerit gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Yanthir84 View Post
    Can you please show us the blue post where Blizzard tells us that this will be the only way to obtain Azerit gear?

https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/...-improvements/

First, we’re adding a new (as yet unnamed) currency, which you’ll earn from your weekly Mythic+ chest as well as from scrapping (or disenchanting) epic-quality Azerite Armor. This currency is rewarded in addition to the item in the chest (which can no longer be an Azerite piece), and the amount you earn will scale up based on the highest level Keystone you’ve completed. For example, completing a level 10 Keystone will reward you with about three times as much as clearing a level 7. Similarly, scrapping higher-item-level Azerite pieces will give you significantly higher amounts of this currency than lower-level pieces.
    "Peace is a lie"

Quote Originally Posted by Yanthir84 View Post
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769667833#1

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgermac View Post
    Good thing I already sold 20 azerite armor pieces last week to clean up and now I can disenchant them for currency... welp blizz
    Wouldn't have mattered because Blizz said anything from pre-8.1 wouldn't yield the currency anyway. They almost always do that just to prevent exactly what you're thinking of.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgermac View Post
    Good thing I already sold 20 azerite armor pieces last week to clean up and now I can disenchant them for currency... welp blizz
    Pretty sure they said you can't use old azerite pieces, only ones coming in the "new season".

Deleted
    This is not an improvement at all, it's a ruse. We should be able to target traits in a reasonable time frame. I really hate this random trait bullshit. I rather spend some more time and know what I get, than sink my time into a lottery.

Why does blizzard always overcomplicate stuff and implement it in the worst possible way?

I don't understand why not just let azerite gear drop from M+ as any other slot, but okay...

A currency should be a way to compensate bad luck, not a way to add more RNG. The weeklye cache should keep it's chance to drop azerite gear, with bad luck protection in place, making it that if after a reasonable amount of time you didn't get any piece or you got one you dind't like, you have a system in place to get what you want.

That should be the concept: you have a chance each week, but if after 3-4 weeks you didn't have any luck, that's fine: head to vendor and choose your new azerite piece, you totally earned it.

That's the currency concept that can work, not this silly choice between guaranteed random piece vs way too long time investment just to avoid the slot machine. If the chance to get something is too low or the time it takes is too long it doesn't really matter that we get to choose or that we are able to target that piece of gear, it's just not worth my time and i'd rather spend those weeks playing something else that has a little more respect for me as a customer.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

This is fantastic. What did people think Blizzard was going to do? They just lost a "battle" to a bunch of elitist YouTube parrots and mimics, and a very loud vocal minority. Did people really think they were just going to accept that and roll over? Obviously those people haven't been paying attention to how Blizzard works lately.

Blizzard will keep doing what they do, people will continue to pay and play. As long as there are enough subs to justify keeping the game going, which there definitely is, then Blizzard will continue to laugh at people.

Quote Originally Posted by Surreality View Post
    This is fantastic. What did people think Blizzard was going to do? They just lost a "battle" to a bunch of elitist YouTube parrots and mimics, and a very loud vocal minority. Did people really think they were just going to accept that and roll over? Obviously those people haven't been paying attention to how Blizzard works lately.

Blizzard will keep doing what they do, people will continue to pay and play. As long as there are enough subs to justify keeping the game going, which there definitely is, then Blizzard will continue to laugh at people.
    Lost a battle? Really? If anything they just moved 10 feet back from the bench they were sitting on and took a dump on it before leaving.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    how do you know? all it shows is the cost, it doesnt show how much you get from stuff.

genuinely curious.

- - - Updated - - -

if it takes you 3 months it's quite literally pointless since by the time you get it it's obsolete.
    look at that the blue wrote previously. Taking the blue post information, completing a +10 for the week should allow you to buy Relinquished Azerite Helm in 2-3 weeks, which means a targeted piece would take around 6 weeks to obtain, considering current ratios.

"We’re still nailing down the exact numbers, but our goal for tuning this new currency is that you’ll be able to purchase one of the Azerite caches that lines up roughly with the item level of the gear you’re getting from your Mythic+ runs every two or three weeks"

One CACHE aka random piece 2-3 weeks. Now look at the prices from random piece to targeted. And apply math. Its literally stupid considering they want to patch in 3 month cycles lol.

Glad Prot Warrior changes made it to PTR in time for raid testing...

Quote Originally Posted by Jinzuru View Post
    Lost a battle? Really? If anything they just moved 10 feet back from the bench they were sitting on and took a dump on it before leaving.
    You are allowed to have that interpretation and opinion. It might be right, it might be wrong. Same as mine or anyone else's. One thing is obvious: they are not happy with the results of this whole scenario.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geckoo View Post
    Why does blizzard always overcomplicate stuff and implement it in the worst possible way?

I don't understand why not just let azerite gear drop from M+ as any other slot, but okay...

A currency should be a way to compensate bad luck, not a way to add more RNG. The weeklye cache should keep it's chance to drop azerite gear, with bad luck protection in place, making it that if after a reasonable amount of time you didn't get any piece or you got one you dind't like, you have a system in place to get what you want.

That should be the concept: you have a chance each week, but if after 3-4 weeks you didn't have any luck, that's fine: head to vendor and choose your new azerite piece, you totally earned it.

That's the currency concept that can work, not this silly choice between guaranteed random piece vs way too long time investment just to avoid the slot machine. If the chance to get something is too low or the time it takes is too long it doesn't really matter that we get to choose or that we are able to target that piece of gear, it's just not worth my time and i'd rather spend those weeks playing something else that has a little more respect for me as a customer.
    I'm not saying their current fix is perfect; however, if they did as you suggest, two things would need to happen:

1) Allow ALL potential Azerite pieces to drop from the end of every Mythic; or
    2) Fix Specific Azerite pieces to drop from said dungeon

These would then cause the following:

a) make RNG pull from a ridiculous pool size of possible gear; or
    b) limit which classes run specific dungeons (current issue)
    i) Some classes are naturally better suited to run specific dungeons, even more so with certain weekly affixes
    ii) Running the same dungeon gets boring FAST when you need to run only that one for a very specific piece of gear already (non-Azerite).
    Last edited by RundinO; 2018-11-19 at 09:14 PM.

heh blizzard realised nobody is doin wq when its gold or azerite ^^

they would have to multipy it 10x for people to start doin them

Ok, they fixed explosive. Any chance they'll address the fact that critters can be infested? I highly doubt that's intended. Critters are meant to be decorations/set dressing, and should never affect anything mechanically.

Increasing gold rewards is sorely needed. How about they increase the amount of resources the last war advancement gives? 50 resources per emissary is a joke.

Deleted
    im so done with World of Slotmachine and endless grinding. Going to play a real game with decent rewards for my invested time. Blizzard lets there players lootstarve to death.

How about this:

- They think getting good items or upgrades more rare makes more fun.
    What about letting them wait for there paychecks for a random period of time with a random wage (90% 1 dollar). Then we talk again.
    Last edited by mmoc4e5aba46b8; 2018-10-24 at 01:35 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, this change to adding azerite shards or whatever to eventually buy good azerite armor reminds me of marks of valor or whatever they were (valor and justice) back in BC/Wrath and maybe other expansions too. But the difference is that back then you could do normal/heroic dungeons to earn small amounts of said currency with a long-term goal of buying a high ilvl piece of gear.

Now, as a casual player who doesn't do Mythic+ or raid beyond LFR it sounds like, unless they let gear obtained from Warfronts/LFR be scrapped for the currency, I won't be able to buy any of that gear.
    And many would argue that I shouldn't be able to buy. Why do I have need for that type of high ilvl gear if I"m only doing normal/heroic dungeons, expeditions and warfronts and LFR? well, because I too want to feel more powerful as the expansion goes on.

Anyway, the point is that this change probably won't affect me but I do feel for the Mythic+ folks who probably feel like they're on a loot treadmill.