Thread: Holy priest M+

Deleted

Holy priest M+

Is it viable? I just got a holy priest to 120 and have been told off several people you simply cannot do M+ as a holy priest but I find Disc irritating and horribly spammy. It feels like im playing a rogue and if I wanted to do that I'd have rolled a dps. So is it possible to do M+ as Holy at all? I only really play healers but never played a priest for a decade.

I kinda preferred Holy, especially if you're running pugs. It has a lot of "oh shit" buttons to recover your colleagues errors, but you'll have to get used to drink a lot between pulls if that's the case.

Just tell them u are disc, most don't even notice

Jokes aside, it's OK for grevious with braindead pugs who don't even notice their own health bars are dropping + die running away from you to the next pact.

Until you get to >+6 it doesn't matter. The important thing is to be doing damage when you aren't healing. Disc is preferred because it does both at the same time. Just keep up Holy Fire and smite bosses when people are topped off and you can Holy just fine. At higher keys you'll want to be disc tho.
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Disc is simply better, you will struggle on high keys its good for +10 and below.

your problems boil down to not having enough healing on the move. you are a stationary healer and if anything forces you to move your healing will drop to basically zero.
    I just did a underrot +11 as holy and it was horrible to heal. Not because my teammates were bad(they were amazing) but the adds before the second boss is a pita. And generally the dungeon hates you.
    Last edited by Saphyron; 2018-10-22 at 01:15 PM.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Holy is perfectly viable for m+, and for some weeks (like the current) it is even preferrable for the average pug.

You can find several holy priests in the top runs of raider.io, although the higher the run the less holys you will find relative to disc. But you still find them even there.

Deleted
    Well im not really looking to be an Esports master I mainly just wanna mess around with it. I have a Resto druid for higher keys and it works fine.
    So it is possible and thats what im looking for, I always dps while im healing anyway the best part about holy is 2 of your dps moves are instant cast. So you can easily fit that in then smite isnt hard.
    I really wish I enjoyed disc but it feels like playing a dps and I want a healing experience not a dps.

holy is super unfinished, to the point that the mana (which was supposed to last longer than all other healers) ends in miliseconds even if you're using a mana efficient rotation. Holy is still good for raiding (slightly below disc, but IMO better for low-end content like heroic/normal raids), but for dungeons there is no reason to run holy over disc at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    I do my +10s as Holy. I prefer playing Holy in PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuba View Post
    holy is super unfinished, to the point that the mana (which was supposed to last longer than all other healers) ends in miliseconds even if you're using a mana efficient rotation. Holy is still good for raiding (slightly below disc, but IMO better for low-end content like heroic/normal raids), but for dungeons there is no reason to run holy over disc at all.
    We've only cleared Heroic (no plans for Mythic) but I don't have mana issues. Apart from when we have to two-heal (Holy Priest/ Resto Shaman).

Granted, I usually have Blessing of Wisdom. I don't get any Innervates though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuba View Post
    but for dungeons there is no reason to run holy over disc at all.
    There is.

Disc can't recover from derps as well as holy. No way, no how. And theres derps aplenty in pugs that holy can solve at the push of a button.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    There is.

Disc can't recover from derps as well as holy. No way, no how. And theres derps aplenty in pugs that holy can solve at the push of a button.
    Also, Grievous. Not this week, obviously, but Shadow Mend coming with its' own dot makes it even more annoying, whereas Serenity/Sanctify usually takes care of that.
    Last edited by KaPe; 2018-10-25 at 12:00 PM.