Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhorin View Post
    it's actually 500 per server per dungeon, but good try.

https://support.raider.io/kb/help-my...up-on-the-site
    Apparently they have two contradicting articles in their faq, awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post
    If you honestly think it's bullshit that someone could be 379 by now on their main without having ever raided or done a Mythic+, I don't think you play the game. The game is so full of RNG it is entirely possible.

My alt got 3x 370s just last week, and it was only like 289 once I hit 120. Drop from worldboss, reroll token dropped another 370, and an arena match awarded me with 375 pants. The Warfront will even further gear him and I have a total of about 4-5 hours played time at 120 on that alt.

But, tikcol would silence a lot of the haters if he'd just post his WoW-Armory, but I'm preeeetty sure he won't do that.
    It's absolutely not possible without extreme RNG or very high level consistent PvP. He didn't claim to be close to 370, he claimed to be 379. The difference is huge.

Furthermore, the more bullshit part is to claim that he did it playing less than an hour a day. Jdotb, who farms M+ on stream maybe 12 hours a day and progression raids, is 383. You can claim RNG all you like, but if someone is 379 without raiding and playing an hour a day, they need to go buy a lottery ticket and life insurance, because karma is coming for them hard.

You sound pretty salty there. Did Mythic+ touch you in a bad place?
    Give me a doll and I'll show you
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    Ahh, WoW, the game that gives cosplayers a reason to dress up like medieval fantasy hookers.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    WF is 1 370 for the quest and the rest 340's, subject to RNG and getting duplicates, if the front is even available for you at that time. World Boss is 355 / RNG, dungeons drop 340 gear, so yeah, it's incredibly unlikely that you're going to hit 350 in that amount of time without a good deal of luck and spending significant amounts of gold.
    Incredibly unlikely doesn't mean impossible. I've had extremely good luck on one of my alts with multiple Titanforges in one day. Other toons? Complete shite. But you guys would rather call bullshit. I guess 'cause that's more fun?

Quote Originally Posted by ID811717 View Post
    I agree that the score as a number is insufficient, and you need to check the past runs of a player to understand whether to invite them.
    But people also need to understand that when you create a group for a +10 key, you often get 50-80 sign ups within 30-60 seconds. You cannot physically check each of them. So you set an arbitrary threshold in between 800 and 1100 score, and simply ignore all non-tank players below that score. And you are still left with a large fraction of those 50-80 people that you need to check manually...
    Yeah, for me I'm not even trying to get into a +10. I just Pug Waycrest in any form because I need that stupid fucking branch so bad. All my high keys in random dungeons I do with my guild. Just easier and no pressure, just some blow off time after raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    One is from previous expansion as you can tell from the image showing all legion dungeons.

Incredibly unlikely doesn't mean impossible. I've had extremely good luck on one of my alts with multiple Titanforges in one day. Other toons? Complete shite. But you guys would rather call bullshit. I guess 'cause that's more fun?
    I'd rather call bullshit because the average player going through those same motions is not going to have the same result. See: survivorship bias.

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    Yeah I figured someone would mention haha. Let me rephrase. I topped on everything whilst correctly executing the encounters*
    It just means you're the exception.

It's almost tragic how often high ilvl + low or no Raider.io score = person just doesn't know the fights or mechanics.

Where's your comeback after trying to shut me down with "you are just salty"

I am waiting
    Ahh, WoW, the game that gives cosplayers a reason to dress up like medieval fantasy hookers.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Actually, I'm pretty sure blizz increased the leaderboard slots from 100 to 500 with BfA.

They probably just missed a few of the "100"s in the FAQ, when they revised it.

- - - Updated - - -

Or, maybe because numerically speaking that guy would have to have the luck of the gods to pull that off.

As much as people rant and whine about Titanforging, it's not common to see more than 3-4 TF slots on an average person. Even people who spam M+ 24/7 on streams don't get them *that* often.

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    It's absolutely not possible without extreme RNG or very high level consistent PvP. He didn't claim to be close to 370, he claimed to be 379. The difference is huge.

Furthermore, the more bullshit part is to claim that he did it playing less than an hour a day. Jdotb, who farms M+ on stream maybe 12 hours a day and progression raids, is 383. You can claim RNG all you like, but if someone is 379 without raiding and playing an hour a day, they need to go buy a lottery ticket and life insurance, because karma is coming for them hard.
    Just saying, it's entirely possible. I was 361 on my DK within two weeks of release. The expansion has been out long enough that it is conceivable that someone could be 379. Has he played for more than an hour on some days? Absolutely. Tikcol isn't a paragon of honesty, and quite frankly exaggerates a lot of shit, but 379 is totally possible without raiding and Mythic+.

Just saying, it's entirely possible. I was 361 on my DK within two weeks of release. The expansion has been out long enough that it is conceivable that someone could be 379. Has he played for more than an hour on some days? Absolutely. Tikcol isn't a paragon of honesty, and quite frankly exaggerates a lot of shit, but 379 is totally possible without raiding and Mythic+.
    When he posts a /played on his main toon along with its armory, I'll apologize for calling him a liar.

It's possible in the sense that it's possible every one of us could win the lottery.

It's not probable, hence the pushback. Of the two possibilities [e.g. 1) he's telling the truth and had a ton of 355 items TF to 395 or 2) he's full of crap] one is substantially more likely than the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Zexism View Post
    Where's your comeback after trying to shut me down with "you are just salty"

I am waiting
    Oh, honey, I'm sorry. You are salty, or else you wouldn't think people don't deserve rewards for their efforts. It's evident that Mythic+ has triggered you into thinking it's a joke. That's fine, but not sure what you expected coming in here and being off-topic like that.

Keep waiting, I guess?

That's a pointless exercise in nitpicking. Sure, it is entirely possible that your character hit ilvl 386+ on the day the HC raid unlocked (all slots 395, azerite pieces 370, weapon 380, neck 360 because you AFK). But if someone on the forums claimed it happened to them, I'll safely bet my yearly salary that they lie.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    is raider.io a US thing? I play on EU and this is the first time I read/heard about this

Oh, honey, I'm sorry. You are salty, or else you wouldn't think people don't deserve rewards for their efforts. It's evident that Mythic+ has triggered you into thinking it's a joke. That's fine, but not sure what you expected coming in here and being off-topic like that.

Keep waiting, I guess?
    Or you just strike down everyone who dislikes the concept of mythic + as salty? What good does it bring to the game being able to reach a bis without raiding or pvp, but by casual content? Mythic + is like the new lfr of pve

Quote Originally Posted by Zvezdichko View Post
    As soon as I learned that Raider.io now allows setting profiles to private, I did that immediately. I also did the same for Warcraftlogs.

The strange thing is: I really don't do Mythic+s. I do, however M0, for fun. I decided to block Raider.io and Warcraftlogs mainly because I don't feel comfortable that it's a norm for people to inspect my performance via 3-rd party addons. I prefer to keep that data to myself.

Who else is in that club? Do you use Raider.io? Did you block it as well?
    Nah I don't need to hide my profiles because I'm not a terrible player.

Quote Originally Posted by eolthedarkelf View Post
    Raider io is a tool that gives others much needed information. There's nothing wrong with rio at all.

The only problem is when people use it without thinking and only look at score without looking at more relevant things. Feel free to create your own groups and let absolutely anyone join. I'm sure after your run with randoms you'll switch back to io because it let's you see who has the relevant experience.
    Gearscore is a tool that gives others much needed information. There's nothing wrong with Gearscore at all.

The only problem is when people use it without thinking and only look at score without looking at more relevant things. Feel free to create your own groups and let absolutely anyone join. I'm sure after your run with randoms you'll switch back to Gearscore because it let's you see who has the relevant gear.
    Sorry, couldn't resist. I just thought I heard this before.

Quote Originally Posted by Zexism View Post
    Mythic + is like the new lfr of pve
    Spoken like someone that's never run anything higher than a +3.

+8s and up are harder than Heroic Uldir.

+12s and up are harder than Mythic Uldir.

How in the world is that LFR?