Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesoforte View Post
    Sorry, couldn't resist. I just thought I heard this before.
    Gearscore is more closely associated with iLvl than it is Raider.io.

Raider.io would be more closely assigned to "link achiev" instead.

Gearscore, in my opinion, was better than iLvl because it took enchants and gems into account.

Quote Originally Posted by Zexism View Post
    Or you just strike down everyone who dislikes the concept of mythic + as salty? What good does it bring to the game being able to reach a bis without raiding or pvp, but by casual content? Mythic + is like the new lfr of pve
    I mean, you're the one who said, "no one deserves gear from the joke that is mythic +"

Mythic+ is far from LFR. Mythic+, at certain levels, is not casual content. These things you're saying reinforce my belief that you're not that experienced in Mythic+. At one point in Legion I remember working on Mythic Antorus, and after the raid, we did a +23 Black Rook Hold with Teeming/Fortified affix on-time. That was probably the hardest dungeon I've ever done next to a successful Baron-45 run in Vanilla. If you think that's "casual" or "LFR" style content, you are sadly, sadly mistaken or a World 1st level player. The latter is unlikely considering your comments.

I've taken enough of your off-topic bait. Seeya!

I turned it off. I'd rather wait longer for groups of people that like playing video games.

Perfect example, did a +7 King's Rest that didn't get picked up by the site. Had absolutely zero issues. Following week right before reset I thought I'd knock something out quick, saw a +5 KR. Guy in the group, "this guy's never been here FYI"... "Actually I just did one last week"..."Ok fine, your raider.io says otherwise" Cool. Get in the group, first boss - I run to the back of the room to drop gold, focus adds, etc. - I have 60% of the damage on the adds, double the dps of the other two. 3 wipes later: "Told you guys, this lock is trash." Get kicked from the group.

People not using actual thought or discussing the issue... just "what's my app say?" No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by LBStx View Post
    Spoken like someone that's never run anything higher than a +3.

+8s and up are harder than Heroic Uldir.

+12s and up are harder than Mythic Uldir.

How in the world is that LFR?
    You can't compare raids to m+. Some weeks are extremely difficult.while other weeks are a joke. Next week is bursting quaking fortified. I'm confident we'll see the first 20 in time that week.

+12s harder than mythic. Mythic what, Taloc or G'huun?
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Blocking raider.io is the biggest mistake you'll ever make if you PUG

Having no logs no score.. GOOD LUCK getting into legit ANY pugs at all - not only that addons now to legit DECLINE you the second you apply for groups being blocked/too low of score/logs: Have fun in LFR and random heroic dungeons fam

Quote Originally Posted by Akibaboy View Post
    I turned it off. I'd rather wait longer for groups of people that like playing video games.

Perfect example, did a +7 King's Rest that didn't get picked up by the site. Had absolutely zero issues. Following week right before reset I thought I'd knock something out quick, saw a +5 KR. Guy in the group, "this guy's never been here FYI"... "Actually I just did one last week"..."Ok fine, your raider.io says otherwise" Cool. Get in the group, first boss - I run to the back of the room to drop gold, focus adds, etc. - I have 60% of the damage on the adds, double the dps of the other two. 3 wipes later: "Told you guys, this lock is trash." Get kicked from the group.

People not using actual thought or discussing the issue... just "what's my app say?" No thanks.
    Cause you're not supposed to dps the adds and kite them instead, looks like you indeed had no clue what to do

10+ Year Old Account
    Well you just admitted to not doing keystones so there's really no point in having it public. Now if you wanted to push keystones above 4-5, then you're shit out of luck. I personally won't invite people to my keystones if their IO is too low, why? Because gear progression in this game is stupidly broken. Someone can farm nothing but +2 and if RNG is on their side, they can have full 395 w/ socket gear. I've encountered too many shit players who were 370+ ilvl. Nothing infuriates me more than playing with people who suck, so I use addons to help me determine who is competent before I have to regret picking them.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by sylenna View Post
    i have no active guild and no active friends left. i am rather solo in this game.

M0 is really easy and the highest i did in BfA was +3. do i have enough gear and skill to do +5-8? most definitely. would reward me enough gear to strive for the higher ones over time. but as a DK i have to snipe as much groups as possible and mostly give up after about 45 minutes. building a group and leading it isn't my skillset and i don't need the input from long-time group formers "that it isn't that hard, just open a group and invite everybody".

but being a DK isn't the only problem. raider.io is. why do i have to get judged by an addon i don't even use and which tells things about me without seeing the context? jeez, i did so much stuff since vanilla and killed a lot of hard content in 40 and 25 raiding. now i'm being singled out due to a number from some addon? and how should i improve? putting up the rest of my money for a carry so i could pimp that number? yeah, no. this thing may die asap.
    you are not singled out bc of an addon, it happens bc you lack experience. the addon (or better said the website) only shows how much xperience in m+ you have. m + is a content where u dont want to be stuck in with somebody that doesnt know the pulls, the mechanis of the bosses, what to interrupt / stun and so on.

so u want to weed out the newbs hat dont even know the instance. this is what the addon is mostly used for. but if you have proper gear, u can join any low key to learn, do a lot of 3s or 4s and learn the ways and mechanics, and later lead your own groups. as a dk u can go tank and voila you are

oh and the fact that you complain about DK, where it is currently the best possible tank for m+ content, only shows how much of a newb you are. if you would be a "difficult content player" since classic, u would spec tank, and do 10 keys the whole day instead of posting here.

Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    You can't compare raids to m+. Some weeks are extremely difficult.while other weeks are a joke. Next week is bursting quaking fortified. I'm confident we'll see the first 20 in time that week.

+12s harder than mythic. Mythic what, Taloc or G'huun?
    I wasn't the one calling M+ LFR, which was my primary reason for comparing them in that manner. M+s at any level, are harder than LFR. Even 2s (which makes sense as LFR drops 340s, and 2s drop 345s.)

I'd say +12s have an individual level of responsibility similar to Mythic Zek or Fetid.

Def harder than Taloc, but nowhere near as bad a G'huun.

Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post
    I mean, you're the one who said, "no one deserves gear from the joke that is mythic +"

Mythic+ is far from LFR. Mythic+, at certain levels, is not casual content. These things you're saying reinforce my belief that you're not that experienced in Mythic+. At one point in Legion I remember working on Mythic Antorus, and after the raid, we did a +23 Black Rook Hold with Teeming/Fortified affix on-time. That was probably the hardest dungeon I've ever done next to a successful Baron-45 run in Vanilla. If you think that's "casual" or "LFR" style content, you are sadly, sadly mistaken or a World 1st level player. The latter is unlikely considering your comments.

I've taken enough of your off-topic bait. Seeya!
    To put it bluntly would you let someone who runs mythic+ only into your mythic raid?
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    Ahh, WoW, the game that gives cosplayers a reason to dress up like medieval fantasy hookers.

To put it bluntly would you let someone who runs mythic+ only into your mythic raid?
    That depends. Are you aware that Mythic+ has many levels of difficulty? It alarms me that you think Mythic+ is on the level of LFR. It's a glaring indication you have no idea what you're talking about.

Someone who has only ever done +2-4 keys? Probably not. Someone who consistently completes +12-15s on time? Yes, I'd give them a chance.

You're acting like Mythic+ doesn't have a difficulty curve, and it's handicapping your ability to argue. I urge you to stop displaying such naivety.

Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    Cause you're not supposed to dps the adds and kite them instead, looks like you indeed had no clue what to do
    Except the part where that's what I did in the +7 just fine... I understand that reading is hard though.

And the fact that the guides on wowhead and fatboss say "The group should kill the Animated Gold adds whilst using crowd control spells to slow their advance, most notably by using Slows, Stuns and Displacement abilities." I guess they're nubs too.

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    Bullshit.
    lol you have no idea how silly you sound right now

Quote Originally Posted by Akibaboy View Post
    Except the part where that's what I did in the +7 just fine... I understand that reading is hard though.

And the fact that the guides on wowhead and fatboss say "The group should kill the Animated Gold adds whilst using crowd control spells to slow their advance, most notably by using Slows, Stuns and Displacement abilities." I guess they're nubs too.
    Those guides are from before bfa was released. Maybe check some recent runs. Nobody kills blobs, its a waste of time. Just because it worked in one run doesnt mean its the right way. But goodjob getting kicked.from a +5 tho

i have no active guild and no active friends left. i am rather solo in this game.
    As a guild leader, I can assure you there are several guilds recruiting on every realm. That is a problem that is solve-able with minimal effort.

do i have enough gear and skill to do +5-8? most definitely.
    Skill isn't a liquid that fills a cup. Skill isn't something that "enough" pertains to. You have not completed a key above a 3.

You can be a good player, and not be "adequately skilled" for a task. Based on what you've actually accomplished, that is a more likely scenario than what you've assumed. Just based on what you've stated, you are a good player, but you are not adequately skilled for a +5-+8 due to lack of practice and lack of repeated exposure to the instances.

This is exacerbated when you're a tank, and have to deal with the +4 and +7 affixes. Those affixes essentially demand that you know all of the trash pulls in a dungeon well enough to compensate for the affixes, prior to pulling each pack. As you lack that experience, I do not agree that you're skilled enough to do a +5-+8.

I would instead postulate that you need to practice a lot of 4s just to get a logical understanding of how much even the +4 affixes change your pulls.

as a DK i have to snipe as much groups as possible and mostly give up after about 45 minutes.
    I'm kind of unclear what you mean. Why would being a DK be a hinderance when they're the #1 M+ tank.

why do i have to get judged by an addon i don't even use and which tells things about me without seeing the context? jeez, i did so much stuff since vanilla and killed a lot of hard content in 40 and 25 raiding. now i'm being singled out due to a number from some addon? and how should i improve? putting up the rest of my money for a carry so i could pimp that number? yeah, no. this thing may die asap.
    Yes, you're being singled out as someone that does not know these runs well enough to easily and smoothly complete them. So people that are running them serially, and want them to go smoothly, won't want you.

Doing stuff in Vanilla doesn't mean you know how to properly deal with Sanguine packs near the pig room in Waycrest. There was literally nothing like that in Vanilla.

Doing stuff in raids doesn't mean you know which packs you can just walk by in Atal'Dazar, or why it's better to clear the trash on the right, and skip the trash on the left side (because Fiery is AIDS.)

So, yes, you're being singled out based on a number that a website builds after aggregating data from the Blizzard API. Since the data shows you've never done those runs past a +2, and everyone knows 2s are a joke, no one wants to take you.

You get better, by running a lot of 2s and 3s. Then moving up to 4s and 5s. Then up to 6s and 7s. You get your score up by doing that on reset day, and the day after. Or by intentionally running with pugs from dead servers.

No need for paid carries. Just need to put in the time, and earn it.
    Last edited by LBStx; 2018-10-24 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post
    That depends. Are you aware that Mythic+ has many levels of difficulty? It alarms me that you think Mythic+ is on the level of LFR. It's a glaring indication you have no idea what you're talking about.

Someone who has only ever done +2-4 keys? Probably not. Someone who consistently completes +12-15s on time? Yes, I'd give them a chance.

You're acting like Mythic+ doesn't have a difficulty curve, and it's handicapping your ability to argue. I urge you to stop displaying such naivety.
    I'd say there is a higher difficulty curve in a mythic raid than in mythic+ (yes even high keys). Hence it shouldn't award gear that can compete with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    Ahh, WoW, the game that gives cosplayers a reason to dress up like medieval fantasy hookers.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Iirc if your run didn't appear in top 100 runs of your server raider.io can't track it. So tough luck if you are playing on high pop competitive realm
    Not really tough luck. You just do most of your runs on Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday. On weeks that have really hard affixes you can do 8-10 keys and it’ll count most of the time since a majority don’t really push.

There’s ways to get around that. I understand some can’t though. However tbh I don’t look too much at the score, I look at the dungeons they’ve completed, how many on time, etc.

I’d honestly say that the bottom table is much more useful than the score itself as it shows you’re capabilities rather than your ability to do keys on Tuesday before everyone else. It shows all the dungeons you’ve ran, what you’ve timed and what you haven’t, etc. I like the bottom table a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by LBStx View Post
    Doing stuff in Vanilla doesn't mean you know how to properly deal with Sanguine packs near the pig room in Waycrest. There was literally nothing like that in Vanilla.
    I'm amazed how many people think anyone cares what they did 14 years ago like it has even a shred of relevance today.

I'd say there is a higher difficulty curve in a mythic raid than in mythic+ (yes even high keys). Hence it shouldn't award gear that can compete with it.
    M+ scales up infinitely.

Mythic Raids do not.

By that fact alone you're entirely off base.

Keep sniffing your own farts though I guess.

But it doesnt? Max ilvl of gear is 370 exl wf/tf which can happen in any type of content. Also you get a lot more azerite pieces.a