Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post
    DPS that break CC then bitch at me for not being able to heal through high necrotic stacks.
    It is always the healer's fault (or hunter) didn't you know that? :P

It depends on the expectations that the group set prior to entering. If they state "8 key going for +2" and its obvious they have no chance at finishing in time, ie 20 minutes to get to the first boss I'm out. If it was the same 8 key but the group said they were just going for the clear and I knew what I was getting into I'd be happy to stay even if it took an hour and a half because I actually knew what I was signing up for. Don't get me wrong if a group isn't going to hit what its aimed for but at least gave it a decent try then I'll stay. But if the group isn't even in the ball park I'll call it

Quote Originally Posted by Kaveri View Post
    Can you explain to me what that means?
    I think I know what he means. Sometimes you join a group and they talk with each other like that "kappa poggers monkas dat bawuss" super annoying but again, probably not a reason to leave

Quote Originally Posted by Haawken View Post
    Holy shit, so many of you leaving simply because of what you call a "toxic" comment or remark. At the same time you claim that you can go on for hours if nobody is mean. How about you just mute the player(s) in question, and there you go, now you can stop being hypocritical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Haawken View Post
    imo leaving is time theft, and should also be severely punished - 24hr deserter debuff atleast.
    People who make inflammatory comments bring it upon themselves (they're also usually first to ragequit anyway). People who "take 1 hour to finish a dungeon" might be undergeared or underskilled, but have no mean intention, why do you think they're more worth ditching than people who are plain rude and hostile?

We already have so many complaints this game is full of elitism and unfriendly to newer, inexperienced players, and what you propose, is even more of it.

It's fine if you advertise the group as "elite speedrun for improving raider.io score" then yeah, sure people will probably bail if the run goes poorly and they aren't getting their score.

Now people who are gearing up or trying to get the weekly, and advertise the run as such, no idea why it's "hypocritical" to stay with them and help them even if the key is overtime, assuming they stated the purpose of the run clearly beforehand.

I usually just ignore jerks, but I can understand the folks that don't want to feed these people gear. That's what leads to toxic communites in games like League of Legends, the attitude "just mute them and continue", they learn this behaviour is tolerated. Same about excessive swearing and the answer "just put mature filter on". If you can't have a shred of common courtesy why do you expect to be treated with such.

It's also a social game (at least for some it is...) so some people would rather spend 1 hour in a chill company than 30 mins among ragers and flamers.

Tbh we should really get some form of way to discern between the two groups:
    - "I want a fast run I don't care about the social aspect, I'll just mute flamers and continue, but I'm gonna leave as soon as 1 thing goes wrong"
    - "I want a social experience, I can tolerate wipes as long as the group doesn't get perma stuck on x boss, but I'm gonna leave if anyone starts swearing or blaming"

These are 2 extremes, but generally these 2 groups would benefit from not being mixed together.

Toxicity is when I normally leave. Especially when I'm tanking and the group is constantly berating me for not doing the dungeon their way or attempting stupid skips, or they start blaming me for things that they can easily control like not pulling extra stuff/being mindful of the affixes.

In my experience, groups are either sucessfull or someone ragequits after 3 wipes. So I don't think I will ever have to be the first guy to leave an m+.

Maybe at some point I'll end up with four super determined players, who are all nice/have a thick enough skin to endure each others insults, but are just incapable to finish the instance. But I somehow doubt it^^
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Deleted
    Never had to leave a M+ ever, but I play with chat hidden until mouseover so I'm generally oblivious to whatever shit people are arguing about. I've been in groups that seemingly got the run done smoothly only to scroll up chat and see insults/arguing. Unless I'm on voice chat with someone I'm not really interested in reading anything they type.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't leave for any reason other than toxic behaviour. There's no reason to stay and work with a team with anyone who's acting aggressive or insulting towards me or others in the group.

I'll only leave an M+ if it's obvious within the first 5 minutes that we're not going to be able to finish the run, which usually comes in the form of multiple trash wipes from people not swapping targets or the tank not kiting stuff the right way. I'll also leave if someone else leaves because there's no point trying to finish with 4 people. I don't PuG my own keys so I don't have to stress about completion times, as long as we can finish the dungeon I'm happy.

I have had other people leave groups I'm in for really dumb reasons. I was in a Waycrest +9 last week that was going well, had 3 bosses down and about 15 minutes left. After the Heartsbane Trio boss the DH tank randomly says "bad time" and leaves. We would have easily cleared it but it wasn't going to be a +3 key so he just bailed.

Deleted
    I'm fine with not doing the dungeon in time, I'm fine with playing with subpar players (I'm a shitter myself), I'm fine with chill runs if they are advertised that way. But my patience is limited, my playtime is limited and I won't stay with a group that wastes my time or doesn't make the minimal effort to play decently and respect other players time. Yesterday I left a +6 KR; we had 65 deaths coming to the third boss, and people getting hit constantly by spinning axes would have made impossible to kill the boss in a reasonable fashion.

There's a big difference between "I'm patient and don't expect miracles" and "I'm willing to lose my mental sanity during hours".
    Last edited by mmoc8d916160dc; 2018-10-24 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlz0rz View Post
    Toxic attitude is the one thing that will make me leave a mythic. I don't mind wiping for hours, as long as people are friendly/neutral.
    I don't know how anyone can sit through hours of failure with the likelihood they won't even get an upgrade. Toxicity is my number one complaint but if a group shows they can't get through one boss over and over and over, what's the point?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Forte View Post
    I don't know how anyone can sit through hours of failure with the likelihood they won't even get an upgrade. Toxicity is my number one complaint but if a group shows they can't get through one boss over and over and over, what's the point?
    The point is to demonstrate the power of friendship of course! A group wiped countless times on the same boss? Oh right, but people were nice!

10+ Year Old Account
    To give a real-life example of why I sometimes leave.

The group was advertised as +4 Tol Dagor guild smooth run.
    I am a tank and I admit I am not that good in Tol Dagor especially on sanguine.
    I whispered the leader and he whispered back that its no problem since they were boosting their healer friend.

First boss, no problem though their hunter kept pulling random mobs during the boss fights, its durable.
    Now trash, the healer was boosted, like insanely much, I was forced to run out of the dungeon to respec some talents so I could keep the group alive cause he was better to me as a DPS than a healer that's how bad he was.
    Fair enough we reach the 2nd boss and already are out of time. I don't mind I just want my weekly done on that alt. We kill him no problem.
    That's when the shit hits the fan. Their Demon Hunter friend kept calling me noob during the entire dungeon because I was not fast at pulling. I can handle it. Especially when you consider I was doing top damage and healing as a tank.
    I make a wrong pull. I accidentally pulled 2 packs, we end up wiping and the DH just won't shut up about it, calling me a retard and asking me to drop dead. We spend close to 60min already and that was the breaking point.
    I left. Group leader whispers me why I left and stated as such. I did not get my weekly done that week, and I doubt they did.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Peoples behavior more than their play is what would make me leave

Quote Originally Posted by dirtybrew View Post
    especially if they clearly explain how I could have done butter
    I could have done butter
    done butter
    dirtybutterbrew

Deleted
    Toxicity and if a tank / healer is so bad we can't progress.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's always been one answer to this question: drama.

Any sort of drama starts up and I generally was quick to leave. I don't play with random people any longer so it's not a concern as much now. There's nothing more important for hanging around for a while than cultivating a social group to play with. Everything in the game is better when you do it with friends or acquaintances that you can trust not to go off at a moment's notice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Forte View Post
    I think it's stupid to do that. There always comes a time to suggest that tonight may not be the night and let's go do something else. That holds true for most players. It's really ok to admit that perhaps we don't have the horses to finish so maybe we should back up a bit and try again later.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chowder View Post
    Other fags leaving first.
    That's a self-deprecating way to describe yourself!

dropping below 50% hp

When I complete the key. Then I usually leave. Or I run another one, then I leave. Variety and all that.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!