Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Looked into it a bit further. Looks like the screenshots were created by using the Classic client to connect to a private server. So uh... a lot of this can be disregarded, though I guess we'll know for sure in about a week or so.
    It basically only means that anything related to how it will work serverside like NPC's, health and damage values are either wrong or not displayed correctly. Getting inside the game using the client with a custom private server should make the game at least run, only you would be completely alone in the world with no NPC's or mobs anywhere.

I honestly would be cool with updated graphics in Classic. As long as we keep the old character models and animations. For me it's about the gameplay, the leveling, character and gear progression, talent points, all that stuff. Better looking water, shadows and ground clutter doesn't matter.

You guys are forgetting the biggest thing! They are using the old lighting system! Vanilla WoW had this awesome lighting system where moonlight would look really cool. Your character was bright on one side and dark on the other depending on where he was facing. Now it is not so noticeable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good lord can this guy just get to the f**king point a bit quicker.. he says so much garbage just to make the video longer or I dunno what reason.

Quote Originally Posted by donjn View Post
    You guys are forgetting the biggest thing! They are using the old lighting system! Vanilla WoW had this awesome lighting system where moonlight would look really cool. Your character was bright on one side and dark on the other depending on where he was facing. Now it is not so noticeable.
    Yeah the old lightning was really cool! Will be nice having it back.
    Last edited by Sanguinerd; 2018-10-24 at 10:26 PM.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

I mean it looks like classic. What did people expect? I almost expected the whole "classic screenshots leaked" thing to just be screenshots from actual classic. Because that's exactly what it's gonna look like.

Here is the best example I could give of how cool the vanilla WoW lighting system was. Darkshore is the best example. Look how bright the moonlight is on his back, and how dark he looks on the front.

Vanilla WoW lighting rocked..It looks like they are still going to use it.

Last edited by donjn; 2018-10-24 at 10:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    It is the 1.12.1 map still...... which included the Naxx teleporter......

- - - Updated - - -

People will clear MC in 3-4 weeks of hitting max level and BWL will be 2-3 weeks of release of it. These raids are not hard and the only thing blocking many is a resist check of the ony scale cloak. Which you could LOS on the throne to get around in Vanilla.
    If they are tuning the numbers in the original way then each raid is getting cleared within 1 week, even naxxramas.

Quote Originally Posted by Coombs View Post
    That's because he's a hack that should be ignored and removed from the community.
    Isn't that a coincidence? Every single streamer is a hack... according to somebody.

This and every other one has a following.. some, like Tipout, has a small 17k follower base that is growing... others like Asmongold has 300k+, Bellular has 450k+

But hey... you call the shots around here I guess. :P

I think I'll take streamer's opinions with a little more weight than say, the average forum troll.

Salty Feline Overlord Beerbill Society's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Most of it looks like work in progress which gives you an idea of how far off WoW classic is.

I kind of expected some of those changes. Like colourblind, I mean duh, don't think anyone is gonna disagree with that.

The report system... fine I guess. It's not taking anything anyway.

Also no sign of shop, that's a plus lol. Hopeful about the whole progressive raid thing too. That it what I wanted.

My only real concern is the whole slight graphical change. Why not just have the Classic option the default setting? Why even have the other upgrade setting at all? If anyone can shed light on that I would be happy. It just seems odd to be included at all

In the video Tips makes a complaint about there being a flightpath in Thorium Point, but there's been a flight-path there since Patch 1.5.0.
    I think the engine auto set the graphics according to your setup at the first time, like recommended settings, I doubt they would change it because I think the client is the same they use on retail.

Also, is possible to force the settings even if they didn't made available in the UI slider or combo box.

You can basically type the commands or edit a txt and have the same graphical settings that the engine would allow in BFA.

People used to do that in classic to increase the spell particles and make mage Blizzard spell become a shower of ice.

"... And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." - Ezekiel 25:17

"My name is Legion: for we are many." - Mark 5:9
    My characters :3

Quote Originally Posted by Bhanzai View Post
    Progressive content would be great. I wonder how long between raids. Assuming a full 40 man is still needed to clear raids probably 8-12 months on each raid?
    I think it'll be more accelerated than that.

Taking Nosts's for example, each raid tier lasted about 6 months AFTER it was cleared for the first time.

Some servers, notably WotLK servers which are nearly just as popular in the private server scene, release tiers every 4 months or so. (Naxx, OS and EoE being the 1st tier, the next tier being Ulduar, after that being ToC and Onyxia and finally ICC. So 12 months or so completes the expac)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirain7 View Post
    I don't understand the reasoning behind the graphic improvements. Imagine not playing classic because the graphics are slightly worse. At least if they hadn't added it, they could preserve authenticity.
    Ok, so why not then? It's classic not only for die-hard fans, even tho they are the ones who asked, but there will be others. I don't get why would someone not want option for updated graphics?

Here is the best example I could give of how cool the vanilla WoW lighting system was. Darkshore is the best example. Look how bright the moonlight is on his back, and how dark he looks on the front.

Oh man. The original Darkshore... with the original music... I'd buy Classic just for that alone. Can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by zomgzerg View Post
    can someone link the screenshots? not going to watch a fucking youtuber
    Find it yourself then

Still can't understand, how year 2004 lighting can rock in 2018 tho... What you're saying doesn't make sense to me. They are using it just to recreate your nostalgic feelings, not because it's rock, because it doesn't rock, 14 years old technology just can't rock. There wasn't really any proper lighting back then.. It's just a bloom effect is what you're talking about as "rocking" lighting..

Just can't stand a bullshit, sorry. And you're was talking one.
    Last edited by CMyTA; 2018-10-25 at 01:42 AM.

Very cool, and i cant recall with that old mount training did you have to be exalted with that city to buy the mount as well? Thats how i remember it anyways lol.

Quote Originally Posted by CMyTA View Post
    Still can't understand, how year 2004 lighting can rock in 2018 tho... What you're saying doesn't make sense to me. They are using it just to recreate your nostalgic feelings, not because it's rock, because it doesn't rock, 14 years old technology just can't rock. There wasn't really any proper lighting back then.. It's just a bloom effect is what you're talking about as "rocking" lighting..

Just can't stand a bullshit, sorry. And you're was talking one.
    then GTFO to BFA then and play some pokemon battles. we don't care what you think or want, this game is clearly not for you. keep QQ we getting classic, end of story. no new models too we will get the old ones, keep QQ more, you'll need alot of toilet paper tho.

personally i hope for progressive content and raids and for items.

i also hope they put winter veil and all holidays that were in vanilla. although i'm not sure, do pservers do the holidays?

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskra View Post
    It basically only means that anything related to how it will work serverside like NPC's, health and damage values are either wrong or not displayed correctly. Getting inside the game using the client with a custom private server should make the game at least run, only you would be completely alone in the world with no NPC's or mobs anywhere.
    I'll agree it's the best approximation we'll get before it goes live but it stands to reason that it's not a truly authentic sneak peak.

I legitimately think the vanilla screenshot looks better above, i miss that purple hue to the background

I have a feeling this is using the demo for Blizzcon client, if so there will be a heap missing to keep the install size way down and lot of system are not going to be in it. Just enough to keep it stable and playable for the 2 zones you can play. Would love to see the full client to get a clear picture on how everything will be Need to wait for beta for that.

Since we're getting a demo of sorts, you can bet that Blizzard is very far along in Classic, it's building hype for the release next year imo.