Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I've made the current iteration of Prot work, however, it hasn't been the most fun and I feel I have to work much harder than other tanks. For me, ANY AND ALL of the listed changes are very welcome and will help, but the changes I'm really wanting/waiting for is utility (at least give me gag order back). Despite frustration, I've stuck with Prot Warrior even after I leveled a DK; I just couldn't betray the class I enjoy and like. Fingers crossed!

Love the buffs. I feel like we're already very strong in M+ specifically in the right hands. IP back off the gcd is a massive change, think most of you are underestimating it.

Quote Originally Posted by Soilx3 View Post
    Love the buffs. I feel like we're already very strong in M+ specifically in the right hands. IP back off the gcd is a massive change, think most of you are underestimating it.
    It's still a fuckall effect compared to the cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Amberdonna View Post
    "Wäh wäh Ip off GCD would help so much" - half of mmochamp/skyhold war in the last few weeks
    People flogging that were full of shit.

Okay sure maybe if it was as effective as in Legion with the bracers and the revenge-weaving, but it's not. It's a pale shadow of what it was and it's very weak. Sure, off the GCD helps, in that you don't inevitably drop a few that should've landed but instead were rejected out on a GCD miss, but it doesn't help much at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    It's still a fuckall effect compared to the cost.
    You can keep droning on about that, but it's good enough. If you insist on playing an OP, FOTM class there are plenty of options for you.

You can keep droning on about that, but it's good enough. If you insist on playing an OP, FOTM class there are plenty of options for you.
    For you maybe. We don't want to be OP FOTM, we want to be in line with the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    For you maybe. We don't want to be OP FOTM, we want to be in line with the others.
    Seems like an issue between the keyboard and the chair. Like I said, try a monk or DK. Less buttons to press. Or, stop whining like a bitch and play to your strengths.

I want to know what the 'we're OP in M+' guys think when you encounter any other tank at all in any M+ at any key level and just see them tank circles around you.

There is nothing a warrior does or has that another tank can't do 100x better, if the warrior can do anything similar to the other given tank at all.

The Ignore Pain GCD change looks cool, looks like a gain, but it doesn't do a fucking thing. It's just rushing you towards that empty rage bar faster on a single target fight, or rushing you up to that empty hope bar when it breaks faster than that .5 second GCD in any M+ against any mob without Shield Block or Last Stand up.

There's a real fuckin long way to go to become viable. My dread is that the fix will be inserted into their dogshit azerite system instead of the base spec, making it another jumbled mess of bad loot luck when you get the traits that do nothing instead of the traits that make things alright. Nothing is quite as satisfying as not taking a 45-ilvl upgrade because you lose your Deafening Crash trait, huh?

- - - Updated - - -

Seems like an issue between the keyboard and the chair. Like I said, try a monk or DK. Less buttons to press. Or, stop whining like a bitch and play to your strengths.
    What strengths?

Also, you seem a little bit stupid if you think everyone is comfortable with reroll to FOTM shit. I like to play what I like. Being forced to reroll because some shit designer can't keep their progressive ideas out of your spec isn't a good reason to abandon your character.

Quote Originally Posted by kran1um View Post
    Warriors in high keys is viable. Warriors can do it, they just not as popular.
    and Sense only plays Warrior, and got world top 100 main tanking as Warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by stross01 View Post
    a whole bunch of clueless drivel.
    You really enjoy your hyperboles, don't you? Let's just say I'll agree with you, we're not viable, please move on. Good luck.

You "like to play what you like"? What do you like? It sure as hell doesn't seem to be Prot Warrior.

I'd also like to see just about anyone "tank circles around me" in m+. You want to try?
    Last edited by Soilx3; 2018-10-25 at 12:57 AM.

As someone who started the expansion on an enhance shaman...I find it completely ridiculous that they released the game with so many specs needing work. elemental, Enhance, MM, Prot Warrior, Feral, Resto Shaman, shadow priests....not sure if im missing any but all were told wait for 8.1....I find it completely unacceptable to have so many specs who need drastic help and are told to wait. Isn't the point of releasing an expansion to make sure all the specs work...I don't think I recall any expansion where they said yea wait til a major content patch to deliver fixes to very broken specs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    It's ridiculous to release a game when half of the specs are not finished.

I'm unsubbed because to that btw.
    I'm starting my gold dump to prevent myself from coming back when i eventually quit. The awful Azerite system, boring raid, and the unfinished specs told to wait for a content patch are main driving forces for it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    I don't think I recall any expansion where they said yea wait til a major content patch to deliver fixes to very broken specs.
    Vanilla, BC, WotLK, Cataclysm, MoP, WoD, and Legion pretty much, though never so many specs broken all at once before that I can recall, outside of the complete class redesign/overhauls seen in Vanilla.

Not that I disagree with you - the brokenness of classes seems more prevalent than ever, and this beta was especially rushed.

vomit ladled into the eyes of everyone who reads it
    I think you've made it pretty clear that you don't know much/think you know what you don't. I'd guess that everyone's done with you and whatever you think you're preaching here.

If you're on a warrior, anyone other than maybe guardian druid can make you look like an invalid at much lower skill level, much lower item level, and any other available spec. It's not really up for debate, so I'm not sure why you're trying.

I think you've made it pretty clear that you don't know much/think you know what you don't. I'd guess that everyone's done with you and whatever you think you're preaching here.

If you're on a warrior, anyone other than maybe guardian druid can make you look like an invalid at much lower skill level, much lower item level, and any other available spec. It's not really up for debate, so I'm not sure why you're trying.
    Run away, little girl.

A good step in the right direction with these few buffs/changes. You guys aren't seeing the big picture here: Prot warrior WILL be in a better place with these changes, but whether its going to be on line with the current FOTM tanks or wont, doesn't mean it needs many more buffs, it just means those FOTM tanks need to be toned down a bit within reason.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    As someone who started the expansion on an enhance shaman...I find it completely ridiculous that they released the game with so many specs needing work. elemental, Enhance, MM, Prot Warrior, Feral, Resto Shaman, shadow priests....not sure if im missing any but all were told wait for 8.1....I find it completely unacceptable to have so many specs who need drastic help and are told to wait. Isn't the point of releasing an expansion to make sure all the specs work...I don't think I recall any expansion where they said yea wait til a major content patch to deliver fixes to very broken specs.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm starting my gold dump to prevent myself from coming back when i eventually quit. The awful Azerite system, boring raid, and the unfinished specs told to wait for a content patch are main driving forces for it for me.
    This hasn't happened since at least the first tier of Wrath. The difference between tanks in raids has never been greater than it is now. Undergeared brewmasters, because of their design, are better than warriors. A brewmaster wearing tier from Antorus, fumbling through their buttons, has better and smoother mitigation than a warrior at maximum possible item level played by a computer.

Why I wouldn't lump Prot in with the others is that their viability isn't binary. The others offer lower numbers, while a warrior offers a skeleton on the ground when trying to do something that the other tanks do.

- - - Updated - - -

Run away, little girl.
    The spaghetti is left of the sign, I guess.

I don't know what you're trying to say.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Odintdk View Post
    A good step in the right direction with these few buffs/changes. You guys aren't seeing the big picture here: Prot warrior WILL be in a better place with these changes, but whether its going to be on line with the current FOTM tanks or wont, doesn't mean it needs many more buffs, it just means those FOTM tanks need to be toned down a bit within reason.
    When people say "a bit", what exactly are you saying? When a blood dk, rogue, frost mage, boomkin, and x healer can do a M+ in half the number of pulls as a group with a prot warrior, are you sure "a bit" is the difference you're looking for? What's needed to bring a warrior up to that level is just silly in concept and in numbers and what's needed to bring blood dk down to a prot warrior's level would make their MDI look like paint drying.

Quote Originally Posted by Sikkd View Post
    P.S. I am a grown up man but the kid inside me screams: I WANT MY SS PURGE AND GAG ORDER BACK!!! Thank you.
    Tbh if they're adding ursol's vortex and 1 min stampeding roar back to bears as their utility, no idea why they wouldn't add back shield slam purge and gag order (with the internal cooldown as it was) back to warrior, warrior desperately needs some m+ utility and none of these is gamebreaking, hell DHs got a purge and a magic debuff in BFA that can't be replaced by a scroll unlike battle shout, and they already had good m+ utility. None of these are usually gamebreaking in raids.

The difference between tanks in raids has never been greater than it is now. Undergeared brewmasters, because of their design, are better than warriors.
    Yeah the current tank design is super stupid, all a brewmaster needs to do is 1) chug ironskin 2) press random dps buttons 3) have healers alive in the raid, voila, done.

For how strong it is in the current tanking design, it doesn't deserve to also be the easiest to manage. Heck, even brewmasters themselves are annoyed there's no skill expression in the class, neither in dps department or in the damage mitigation one. The difference between the best brewmaster and a random monkey is minuscule.

- - - Updated - - -

When people say "a bit", what exactly are you saying? When a blood dk, rogue, frost mage, boomkin, and x healer can do a M+ in half the number of pulls as a group with a prot warrior, are you sure "a bit" is the difference you're looking for? What's needed to bring a warrior up to that level is just silly in concept and in numbers and what's needed to bring blood dk down to a prot warrior's level would make their MDI look like paint drying.
    Like for example with Blood dk's, nerfing or even redesigning that one single talent Bonestorm accordingly, could entirely change the whole current meta of pulling a trillion mobs at a time+ AOE'ing them for 80k+ DPS using cd's with the specs you mentioned. That one change would simply moderate the amount of pulls possible with Dk's for one.

And here I am as a shadow priest waiting for 8.1 just for some number tuning. Cry me a river.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Tbh if they're adding ursol's vortex and 1 min stampeding roar back to bears as their utility, no idea why they wouldn't add back shield slam purge and gag order (with the internal cooldown as it was) back to warrior, warrior desperately needs some m+ utility and none of these is gamebreaking, hell DHs got a purge and a magic debuff in BFA that can't be replaced by a scroll unlike battle shout, and they already had good m+ utility. None of these are usually gamebreaking in raids.

Yeah the current tank design is super stupid, all a brewmaster needs to do is 1) chug ironskin 2) press random dps buttons 3) have healers alive in the raid, voila, done.

For how strong it is in the current tanking design, it doesn't deserve to also be the easiest to manage. Heck, even brewmasters themselves are annoyed there's no skill expression in the class, neither in dps department or in the damage mitigation one. The difference between the best brewmaster and a random monkey is minuscule.
    https://www.peakofserenity.com/2018/...the-fetid-log/

I'm not sure if this has made its way around here, but you can remove step one if you want.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Odintdk View Post
    Like for example with Blood dk's, nerfing or even redesigning that one single talent Bonestorm accordingly, could entirely change the whole current meta of pulling a trillion mobs at a time+ AOE'ing them for 80k+ DPS using cd's with the specs you mentioned. That one change would simply moderate the amount of pulls possible with Dk's for one.
    Death Knights have three abilities that scale with mob count, while warriors have zero. How things like this get out of QA is something the player will never know.