Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    I could buy that if they required BfA reps, like DI/Zandalari. But having to grind X expansion content to access Y expansion features gets on my nerves.

you got them released early in legion they where in legion content for a longtime grind the rep and be done with it

Just waiting this same whine with cheese coming on next expansion too when people need to grind rep from BFA expansion

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    you got them released early in legion they where in legion content for a longtime grind the rep and be done with it
    Dude, the thread is about new/returning players who find out that they have to grind irrelevant (atm) content in order to access to a basic game feature. Of course those of us who played during Legion had everything unlocked as soon as 7.3.5 ARs were introduced.

Which btw doesn't magically turn them into Legion content. That would be like saying that DHs are WoD content because they were available during WoD as a pre-order bonus.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naramag View Post
    I don't get the problem, OP. I didn't had an alliance character at max level, when Void Elves came. I wanted one, so I had to level that char and grind rep. Nothing different from what you are forced to do. You want something, you got to do something. Did I like it? No, I prefer to play horde. But I did, before BfA was there. You have it easier now.

Doing it in current content is vastly different than expecting people to go back and grind old content for weeks/month. I was amazed when they did not remove the restrictions when BFA launched. I say that as someone who had all the reps already done when allied races dropped. Do people really care if some random stranger can play a Void Elf just because they had to grind rep at the time? I don't care. Do people get mad that someone can got to Molten Core at level 120 and get the same sets as they did at level 60? Who cares about old content?

Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    they are... bonus races.
    amazing concept. And i'm not watching your retarded video

- - - Updated - - -

Well, you get a new mount (which is something you need to get to exalted with a faction for anyway)

I mean, if you don't want those perks, don't get the bonus races, lol. All of my new toons have been allied races since it's way more convenient. If you don't wanna get the rep but want to get the convenience, the problem is with you

I just explained to you the concept of bonus and used your own logic against you yet you still use the word bonus. Convinced you are retarded now so blocking you. Please continue to dick ride Blizzard and suck their dick on the side while you are at it i no longer care.

Quote Originally Posted by Malix Farwin View Post
    I just explained to you the concept of bonus and used your own logic against you yet you still use the word bonus. Convinced you are retarded now so blocking you. Please continue to dick ride Blizzard and suck their dick on the side while you are at it i no longer care.
    Continue to be big mad about a video game and how the devs don't pander to your entitlement.
    You didn't use "logic" in your whines, you just whined. Allied races from the onset were marketed differently, they were marketed as a reward for attaining rep with factions, just like almost every other rep based reward in the game's history.

Ignore me if you want, just proves how childish you are, and how foolish your stance is.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    What do you mean on completely different character? You are going to grind rep at least ONCE regardless of character before you unlock it. You could just say "I don't want to grind it. I want it instant unlocked", no need to make your way around something so obvious. I am fine with rep grind for allied races, it makes sense to me. I don't want to grind them all as I don't care about alliance allied races.
    How far removed of WOW and some people who playing WOW of the concept of what a ROLE PLAYING GAME is.
    You go through your game roleplaying a character. "You" doing the "rep grind" as an hunter is different than "you" doing the "rep grind" as a priest.

Seriously. Is it wrong to imagine WOW still as an RPG, is this not expected now or something? WTF.
    Last edited by gobio; 2018-10-25 at 03:39 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    The issue at hand is neither whether you did it or not, nor whether you liked it or not, nor whether it's difficult or not. It's that is a senseless time gate put by no other reason than stretching sub time. Even more evident when you remember that all previous added races had no strings attached. Liked them? Play them right now.
    So by that logic literally everything in the game is pointless senseless time gate.
    Blizz should remove all trash, all lockouts, all currencies.
    yes previous races had no strings attached but you only got 1 or 2 races.
    the point of allied races is you get MANY more races, each with unique armors, mounts, cheives, and tabards, at the simple cost of a rep grind...
    I remember back in the day when a rep grind got you only a few of those things, an armor PIECE, maybe a mount, a chieve, and a tabard.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I get the people defending this...It IS a simple rep grind. Though it sucks that I have to be forced to grind old content just so I could reroll an alt allied race. Essentially I have to decide whether I want to make progress with my would-be main or dedicate time to doing the rep grind.

I honestly don't have all that much time to play anymore and that's no one's fault, really. But I would've appreciated to not have to choose "well, today I'll rep grind and tomorrow I'll run a few dungeons". There's a lot to do in BFA, even if some people feel there's not enough content. But for some of us who really don't have a whole lot of time to play WoW it can be a total bummer.

I played Legion for a while, even did some heroic raiding, working on Mythic. I lived in Puerto Rico at the time and Hurricane Maria happened. Needless to say I missed out on a LOT of content and it wasn't until a couple of months ago that I was able to get myself a PC.

Again, no one's fault really. But it's just to provide some context I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    So I guess all these people sees problem where no exist, yet you defended it with "I don't have problem with 10 day grind so whatsoever"?.. Like, it's okay to ask people to pay sub and tell them "hey guys, that feature on the box..yea..about that. Can you go please and grind for 10 days? It's no problem, is it?, During that grind, you will get absolutely nothing worthwhile because it's old content, except..yea..that BfA feature.. Oh, and if you have some problem, ask Soluna, our retarded white knight, he will tell you how no problem there is.okay?"
    Today my colleague opened a hot faucet marked with red coloured plastic elements and got burned by hot water. Called it a problem that requires solving. Yeah, all these people may see a problem where none exist. Allied races are supposed to be prestige race, unlockable and it's clearly stated so on the page with this feature. BfA allied races unlock in BfA content, Legion allied races unlock in Legion content. It all make sense and rep grind is not a problem it your sense (it is a problem and player is expected to solve it by doing dailies in game-sense tho), just like having to kill mobs, do dailies to unlock literally anything else (regardless of how it's locked - by a giant gray padlock sign on character creation screen, or by loot table and Ranald screwing you over)
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Sounds like someone has an entitlement issue, you left the game. Blizzard doesn't owe you anything. You chose to leave, and did not play during the content that was relevant when this race was put into the game, you don't get to cry about it and not put the same work into it that everyone else had to.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revelations View Post
    No. It's moronic that a returning player has to go back to the other expansion to create a playable race. I get mounts etc. but not the most important part of an RPG.

I'd do the same as the OP and request a refund.

My friend who I invited back did the same - he saw that he could be a cool elf now in the horde but nope - had to grind. And he's not the kind of player who grinds... unfortunate.
    then he shouldn't play MMOs

Since this thread started I started farming the Rep for the Void Elves from 0.

I'm about 5 bars away from Exalted now.

End my misery.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Today my colleague opened a hot faucet marked with red coloured plastic elements and got burned by hot water. Called it a problem that requires solving. Yeah, all these people may see a problem where none exist. Allied races are supposed to be prestige race, unlockable and it's clearly stated so on the page with this feature. BfA allied races unlock in BfA content, Legion allied races unlock in Legion content. It all make sense and rep grind is not a problem it your sense (it is a problem and player is expected to solve it by doing dailies in game-sense tho), just like having to kill mobs, do dailies to unlock literally anything else (regardless of how it's locked - by a giant gray padlock sign on character creation screen, or by loot table and Ranald screwing you over)
    You know that one day, this requirement will be removed with post like "we hear you and we agree".. What they are doing has nothing with logic, nothing with "prestige". But I wasn't really expecting that people playing WoW everyday will understand this issue. They care more about "azurite sucks boo boo" ..so that's fine. I personally know 2 people, who still bought BfA and two others, who didn't for sole reason of this clusterfuck. I am third. So clearly, it's not issue just for a few. (reading this and other thread, there are many of them)

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathululock View Post
    then he shouldn't play MMOs
    You're conveniently "forgetting" that they could have easily played this way for all other expansions and have access to every race in game. This is not "core part" of WoW (or MMOs in general), it's something Blizzard introduced last year.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    It is indeed stupid that BfA features are locked behind Legion rep grinding. Then after you are done, you need to level a fresh char to be that race.
    Void Elves are a legion feature, hence the legion rep grind.

The main problem is that you wanted to play Void Elf unironicaly.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chat View Post
    Since this thread started I started farming the Rep for the Void Elves from 0.

I'm about 5 bars away from Exalted now.

End my misery.
    I feel your pain /pat

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Memnok View Post
    Void Elves are a legion feature, hence the legion rep grind.
    Incorrect. Void Elves are a BfA feature, because you can't access them without buying BfA first.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

I feel your pain /pat

- - - Updated - - -

Incorrect. Void Elves are a BfA feature, because you can't access them without buying BfA first.
    They are legion themed but locked to bfa.
    They are in the bfa box, but they are a legion race/rep grind

Seems people tend to forget that 8.1 will help players acquire Legion allied races.