On only my 4th run of mythic Mogoshun Palace I got Elegon's mount. Its like I wont the lottery.

OTOH, Vanilla/TBC/Wrath era Stratholm over 200 times nad never got the mount, and I raided Karazhan weekly for 2 years plus a couple of dozen retro runs solo and never even seen Attumen's mount drop.

I've done Tempest Keep maybe 50 times as well and never seen Alar drop, so in the grand scheme of things it all balances out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lupen202 View Post
    I'm at 900+ islands, and I only have surf jelly.. which I got week 1 or 2 before they even buffed the drop rate, within the first 100 islands. Aka I haven't gotten a mount in well over 800 islands.

So.. it's entirely possible. 1 pet is a bit... bad... 492 expeditions you should have quite a few. But hell I still haven't gotten some, like the thistle bud, tinder pup, scarab etc. so who knows.
    I did 3, then I said I never do it again, cause it's so boring. 900, man you are the most crazy grinder I ever met :O

- - - Updated - - -

Yay! Got 2 factions left to raise eventually as well, but happy to have this for now.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Quote Originally Posted by probert View Post
    On only my 4th run of mythic Mogoshun Palace I got Elegon's mount. Its like I wont the lottery.

OTOH, Vanilla/TBC/Wrath era Stratholm over 200 times nad never got the mount, and I raided Karazhan weekly for 2 years plus a couple of dozen retro runs solo and never even seen Attumen's mount drop.

I've done Tempest Keep maybe 50 times as well and never seen Alar drop, so in the grand scheme of things it all balances out.
    Yeah, that's the beauty fo RNG. I got some of these mounts on the 4th or 5th run, and some of them on like 270+. It was actually Elegon that took me about 250 tries...congrats on getting that one quickly

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    It was actually Elegon that took me about 250 tries...congrats on getting that one quickly
    Elegon is definitely one of the better mounts to grind longer for. I'd rather still be running MSV instead of SoO. Thankful I got Invincible in 'only' 80 attempts. I mourn the people who are 200+ attempts in and counting.

Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    Elegon is definitely one of the better mounts to grind longer for. I'd rather still be running MSV instead of SoO. Thankful I got Invincible in 'only' 80 attempts. I mourn the people who are 200+ attempts in and counting.
    Took me about 290 tries to get Lifebinder's Hand Maiden. That was a major pain.

As for SoO, barely started running it more seriously in BfA now. Currently around 50 tries

Also did 297 runs through ToS lfr mistress and haven't got the mount drop. Unfortunately didn't make it before Legion's end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finished leveling up my 5th 120, and went to kill arathi rares. Got skullripper; just donkey, albino and bat to go now.

Also finished the dungeon glory a couple days ago for the krolusk;

#484 and #485

10+ Year Old Account
    It's over! EIGHT years of hunting, and it's finally over!!

Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Got Skullripper and the Surf Jelly this week, within about a day of each other.

Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VladimirM View Post
    i live in China and my vpn is not working atm, so cannot give screenshot, but I had to share with you guys - I got Horseman's reins after 1245 tries.

Wasn't this happy when it comes to WoW in a while.
    Happy?
    I'd be more like "my pain and agony has finally ended" and want to forget about it forever.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

#488 Finally got my first expedition mount the Surf Jelly.

100% no Surok up for either side and i did not see any giants, we went round in a group killing rares together

Got TLPD last night, after 10 years of camping it on and off. I'm still pretty jazzed about it!

Trick was going to a RP server and camping with warmode on.

After years of farming I finally got Invincible last night. Now once I finish the Shadowmourne questline I should never have to step foot in ICC (and wait for the Lich King's stupid long RP) ever again, outside of maybe the odd transmog that I somehow haven't collected yet.

Now if Yogg would just give up his mount...

10+ Year Old Account
    Ran my five 120s through arathi, sadly got a duplicate mustang, but also got the albino raptor which I was missing.

Still need donkey and bat.. see you next month.

Deleted
    2 mounts from 1 Huolon, got mine after ~20 tries, second guy got his after ~30 tries, we are so lucky lol (look at chat)

Last edited by mmocdd5fb787f6; 2018-11-03 at 10:50 PM.

I got Nakk from WOD this morning and I am delighted to say thats all of the WOD mounts except dungeons done! Nakk took the longest of all the WOD Rares and that included the Darktalon mount when it was current!
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    But then again, in the story, we're pretty brutal murder machines and not really "strategical assets". Just send us in and we'll murder everything in our way!
    So I guess the solution here is simple - we'll murder everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaganite View Post
    I got Nakk from WOD this morning and I am delighted to say thats all of the WOD mounts except dungeons done! Nakk took the longest of all the WOD Rares and that included the Darktalon mount when it was current!
    Gratz, I am still farming Galleon with 5400+ attempts with bonus roll included and it still doesnt drop for me. A friend of mine had it drop in the same group as me and couldnt trade it cause he already had it. sooooo sad too.... It's the last one I need to finish all mounts from draenor down.

Quote Originally Posted by amakusa007 View Post
    Gratz, I am still farming Galleon with 5400+ attempts with bonus roll included and it still doesnt drop for me. A friend of mine had it drop in the same group as me and couldnt trade it cause he already had it. sooooo sad too.... It's the last one I need to finish all mounts from draenor down.
    Galleon is from MOP, Nakk is from WOD. You probably confused Nakk with Nalak. Nakk is a rare mob that has a 100% drop rate on his mount

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Galleon is from MOP, Nakk is from WOD. You probably confused Nakk with Nalak. Nakk is a rare mob that has a 100% drop rate on his mount
    you're right. my bad.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Finally got Mimiron's Head, one of my all time favorites! No more ulduar, ever again!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by amakusa007 View Post
    I feel you... I am over 5K Sha kills and am losing such faith. At this point I want to say 'screw it all' and buy it, but it never shows on my realm, and i'm not sure if I want to xfer off to a realm that lists it
    Contributor of the WoW Secret Finding Discord and the Mother of Aeonaxx