Page 28 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    "All my islands"? "no invasions"?

You might be doing it wrong. Do normals and you get an invasion every single time unless you just aoe all the trash instead of killing rares
    Focus on the rares, there's always some up. I have done normal like 200 times and gotten close to 15 pets, 1 mount, 1 toy and a bunch on quest. What I normally do is I do my minimum needed on my main and then I focus on the alts using the island expeditions for leveling. It's not the best use for leveling even with well rested, but I focus on the rares and invasions, an I get 2 things for the price of one.

so from the info based on this thread, invasion happen 100% of the time on normal mode?

anyone got anything from heroic mode?

Quote Originally Posted by Esotaric View Post
    so from the info based on this thread, invasion happen 100% of the time on normal mode?

anyone got anything from heroic mode?
    The invasions happen at specific cumulative point totals of both teams. For normal, when the total of both teams' points is around 6000, you get an invasion. So unfortunately, to have more time with an invasion, the key is to not get too far ahead of your opponent's score. An earlier post guessed 9000 total for heroic and 12000 total for mythic.

Basically, if you're just trying to farm drops, only kill creatures and leave the mining nodes to the AI team (unless you're behind and care about winning, which doesn't seem to have any effect on drops, since people have gotten mounts even when they lost).

Finally got my first mount, after 326 expeditions, which is quite crazy.

Was a mogu invasion, we only killed 1 rare, because the other dudes were just aoe-ing everything the whole island.

I think they should improve the chances further, because right now they are just too low. To be fair, I did 80 of those expeditions pre-collectibles-buff, and about 50 more I did on heroic without knowing what to do, but still.

Deleted
    I always focus on rares, got a bunch of pets and some transmog items, also one toy. Not a single mount yet. My buddy got one of the mounts, I guess he was running about the same amount of expeditions compared to mine. He also was insanely lucky with Arathi rare mounts - got 3 while I only have one. My only lucky catch in this expansion was the fishing mount. This is quite discouraging. :/

It seems they're adding a Dubloon vendor, but ofc, with only a tiny subset of new cosmetics.... and 250 rep tokens for 100 coins each (lol?)

https://www.wowhead.com/news=288139/...smetic-vendors

It's so so so so so so hard for them to do the right thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    It seems they're adding a Dubloon vendor, but ofc, with only a tiny subset of new cosmetics.... and 250 rep tokens for 100 coins each (lol?)

https://www.wowhead.com/news=288139/...smetic-vendors

It's so so so so so so hard for them to do the right thing.
    Totally agree. I think it may as well be impossible to get everything from expeditions (especially as they seem keen to add new drops further watering down the chances of specific items)

I can do 4 world quests and get over 250 rep or I can do hours of island expeditions. I can't see anyone paying that, even when they've got the other vendor items as Blizzard will definitely add new vendor items so rep tokens is wasting your currency.

Assuming that all pets/toys (even transmog items) cost 100 and mounts cost 500, it would probably take years to get enough currency for everything (assuming you do other things than expeditons 14 hours a day). There is only one reason to not put everything on a vendor - their god MAU stats. By having expeditions RNG overkill they keep players playing longer. (I would say that's wrong, players will just stop when they can't envision reaching their goal in this case pet/toy/mount collections - but maybe they're right and players are sheep that do what they're told)

Quote Originally Posted by Jodmos View Post
    Totally agree. I think it may as well be impossible to get everything from expeditions (especially as they seem keen to add new drops further watering down the chances of specific items)

I can do 4 world quests and get over 250 rep or I can do hours of island expeditions. I can't see anyone paying that, even when they've got the other vendor items as Blizzard will definitely add new vendor items so rep tokens is wasting your currency.

Assuming that all pets/toys (even transmog items) cost 100 and mounts cost 500, it would probably take years to get enough currency for everything (assuming you do other things than expeditons 14 hours a day). There is only one reason to not put everything on a vendor - their god MAU stats. By having expeditions RNG overkill they keep players playing longer. (I would say that's wrong, players will just stop when they can't envision reaching their goal in this case pet/toy/mount collections - but maybe they're right and players are sheep that do what they're told)
    This is just willfully flipping off the players IMO. I mean its PTR yadda yadda, but stupidly broken crap has a recent history of going live as-is.

What super pisses me off is, as you say, if this vendor had everything, it would obviously encourage MORE use of the damn feature, not less. It's like they can't even get out of their own way with bad decision after bad decision.

I'm an addicted collector and I only ever do IEs to level, the environment is largely toxic (their fault), the rewards aren't anywhere close to rewarding enough (their fault). I mean I guess you could say its a better way to level than slogging thru the same 3 zones 12 times (and at least in theory you have a miniscule shot at a reward), but my god is that really a compliment??

I added it up and (excluding rep tokens) you only need 1750 coins to get everything from the vendor. I don't think this will be that difficult if that's the goal. But we will have to say goodbye to buying the gimmicky little items for fun anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish they just nixxed random drops and instead let you exchange dubloons for the vanity rewards (you could fill the docks up with vendors with different themes such as vrykul vendor selling vrykul transmog, pets, and toys for example) which would make that area feel more immersive and alive (like an actual port of trade). Maybe even make it so the vendors are on boats docked at the port, and they rotate every week based on the themes of the islands that week. Make it so killing monsters of a certain theme increases your friendship with the vendor of that corresponding theme, reducing the prices of their items as you increase your friendship.
    Last edited by The One Percent; 2018-10-24 at 07:37 PM.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    I wish they just nixxed random drops and instead let you exchange dubloons for the vanity rewards (you could fill the docks up with vendors with different themes such as vrykul vendor selling vrykul transmog, pets, and toys for example) which would make that area feel more immersive and alive (like an actual port of trade). Maybe even make it so the vendors are on boats docked at the port, and they rotate every week based on the themes of the islands that week. Make it so killing monsters of a certain theme increases your friendship with the vendor of that corresponding theme, reducing the prices of their items as you increase your friendship.
    wow, hire this person.

10+ Year Old Account
    wow, hire this person.
    Thank you
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

That wowhead page lists dubloons as BoA. This is not the case now. I wonder if we will be able to send the already acquired dubloons to other characters or just the new ones...?

And yeah, the vendors are coming, but these are just consolation prizes. They will never add the actual pets/mounts from the expedition rewards to that vendor.

Years?
    I was up to 125, and that's at the highest so it doesn't include ones I sent, on my paladin from just doing the weekly, not sure why you'd think it would take that long to get them all.

This is just willfully flipping off the players IMO. I mean its PTR yadda yadda, but stupidly broken crap has a recent history of going live as-is.

What super pisses me off is, as you say, if this vendor had everything, it would obviously encourage MORE use of the damn feature, not less. It's like they can't even get out of their own way with bad decision after bad decision.

I'm an addicted collector and I only ever do IEs to level, the environment is largely toxic (their fault), the rewards aren't anywhere close to rewarding enough (their fault). I mean I guess you could say its a better way to level than slogging thru the same 3 zones 12 times (and at least in theory you have a miniscule shot at a reward), but my god is that really a compliment??
    Agreed. Adding a new vendor, then not putting the current rewards on them, looks very much like a willful middle finger to the consistent and substantial feedback they've gotten since the start of BFA until now. The decision making process here from whoever the developers are handling this stuff is utterly obnoxious. People were asking for the current rewards to be put on a doubloon vendor, not for them to add a "consolation" doubloon vendor with none of the current rewards.

But you're not thinking ahead. When paragon caches come around, you can use those rep items! If it's still 10k rep for a cache, a mere 4000 Dubloons will get you one guaranteed! Even less if you take advantage of reputation bonuses and/or are human.

Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    But you're not thinking ahead. When paragon caches come around, you can use those rep items! If it's still 10k rep for a cache, a mere 4000 Dubloons will get you one guaranteed! Even less if you take advantage of reputation bonuses and/or are human.
    Fuckin' bargain!

8.1 Patch Notes: Squaks has been moved to a Paragon cache reward!

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Years?
    I was up to 125, and that's at the highest so it doesn't include ones I sent, on my paladin from just doing the weekly, not sure why you'd think it would take that long to get them all.
    Probably because you didn't understand my comment. I was referring to if they added all the IE drops to the vendor.

Probably because you didn't understand my comment. I was referring to if they added all the IE drops to the vendor.
    I still stand by that, and I do understand your comment.

I've gotten probably close to 300-400 by only doing the weekly on one toon. Now include doing it on alts, and so on.

Eventually, you'd be able to buy all of them in far less than "years". Months, perhaps yeah.

Granted, I don't really like this idea of "Spend the currency meant to make islands faster/more fun (lol) on vanity stuff". Just seems weird to encourage saving them.

Deleted
    Did they nerf Normal expedition rewards??

Last week I completed 26 island and got staggering... one rep item.

This week I completed 9 expeditions and got... one quest item.

What is up with this?? It makes me not bother eith expeditions, unless I am also leveling.

EDIT: I'd akso like to say FUCK YOU to the new Dubloons rewards.

Either make a new currency, or make the consumables free/purchasable with garrison resources or something.

I don't wanna pick between BORING gameplay with rewards or INTERESTING gameplay with a feeling of guilt, because I spent the mount coins on a consumables.
    Last edited by mmocad3e65e5d1; 2018-10-26 at 08:48 AM.