Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saintminya View Post
    Amazes me how a character with such violent personality shifts still retains a fanbase. It really sucks that Blizzard hired Golden, and that this happens to be her favorite character. What's worse is her political agenda being shoehorned into the writing.
    What political agenda?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by CasualFilth View Post
    She never states the Horde are 'okay again'. Whilst she does not plan to actively attack, she is very mistrustful of them and warns Anduin (5.1).
    She feels pity for the Zandalari, not the Horde (8.1) - which makes no sense as Alliance to attack them, Jaina's feelings do not have power over how the faction would engage.
    Warns Anduin? She does the exact opposite. She tells him that the Horde are fine and that she doesn’t want to commit Dalaran to the Alliance because that’d mean kicking the Horde out.
    Then in the later parts of 5.1 she flip-flops and warns Varian.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Snake View Post
    I have no idea what that is supposed to mean.

Quotes would be nice.

Chi-Ji. Just read the chapter where he resurrects her after she’s shot. I’ve thrown my copy of the book into a dumpster somewhere so I can’t provide an exact page.

To be honest, I'm glad that they're fixing her and somewhat taking her away from being the Alliance Garrosh.
    It really irked me how she flopped her entire personality in MoP, having her be willing to defeat the Horde but no longer be a Garrosh/Sylvanas about it makes me have hope for her.

Warcraft always had both it's tolerant peacemakers and warmongers.

Jaina was a peacemaker who turned 100% warmonger in MoP, bringing her in the middle isn't such a bad thing, especially after her BFA story.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Warns Anduin? She does the exact opposite. She tells him that the Horde are fine and that she doesn’t want to commit Dalaran to the Alliance because that’d mean kicking the Horde out.
    She only trusted the Sunreavers (Horde affiliated faction within Dalaran) and strived for neutrality within the city. She still didn't like the Horde and was mistrustful.
    Be loyal to what matters - Arthur Morgan

NX Friend Code: SW-0102-0077-4738

Ugh. Why is pressing the advantage to bring a swift end to the war a bad thing again?

Quote Originally Posted by Bright-Flower View Post
    Ugh. Why is pressing the advantage to bring a swift end to the war a bad thing again?
    It's not.

But Golden can't have her new assumed personality doing something that is not morally pristine.

You know, the shit Jaina gets for being so bipolar is nothing next to the endless forgiveness she receives for pretty much everything she's done.

Daughter of the sea!

Yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by Bright-Flower View Post
    Because the game is called WARcraft genius. You know, Orcs vs Humans. Horde/Alliance conflict is the foundation of this whole thing, despite what some weirdos might think.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    That's not really flip flopping though? They're at war, sure, but she's not a bloodthirsty warmonger with no understanding about what it means to mourn the fallen. Not wanting to be as heartless as the Banshee herself is a fairly solid argument for acting like she does.
    Agreed. I'm not sure how some are correlating this to "weak writing". Jaina has always wanted to believe the best in the Horde, but she always gets stabbed in the back. She wants to go to war with them, yes, but she does it in her way. Lets look at a few of her actions against the Horde:

1- When a few of them betrayed her in the bell incident, she imprisoned those that didn't fight back. She wasn't killing them out of blood-lust.
    2- When the siege of Orgrimmar was over, she didn't ask Varian to destroy the horde by assassinating all of the leaders present, She called for them to be dismantled.
    3- When she lost everything at Theramore, she almost obliterated Orgrimmar. But she was convinced to come back to her senses. If she would have indeed been a warmonger, she would have destroyed the city.

She was always restrained in her actions, and i think the death of Rastakhan may have resonated in her deeply when comparing it to the death of her own father. I think that subtlety is actually good writing.

Jaina is a character that had her beliefs shaken, broken, mended, and broken again through years and years. I think it would have been lazy writing if these major incidents occurred and she was the same old Jaina, don't you think?
    "Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted" ~Einstein
    Wish more people would take that to heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh look Jaina Sadmoore is back. Warbringer my ass, Jesus Christ.

Anduin Wrynn says: But our mission was to drive a wedge between the Zandalari and the Horde. Instead, we may have strengthened their bond.
    This bothered me more than that tbh.

Thankfully Halford slapped some fucking sense unto him:

Halford Wyrmbane says: More than half the Zandalari vessels were destroyed in the initial strike, and the Horde fleet is in disarray. Their remaining ships cannot hope to stand against the Kul Tiran navy.

Welcome to Warcraft storytelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    Because the game is called WARcraft genius. You know, Orcs vs Humans. Horde/Alliance conflict is the foundation of this whole thing, despite what some weirdos might think.
    So characters must act stupid all the time because they have meta knowledge and know that if they actually win it would end their universe. Makes sense.

Just because character x wants something doesn't mean that character x has to succeed.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    I remember when people used to say that Golden was good writer.

This is what happens when she gains massive influence over something.
    It's also worth mentioning, that back then it was either her or Knaak..... And compared to him, she was a good writer.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    She was all right with Rise of the Lich King
    I was really bored with that book honestly, I could barely finish it. It would be really better if the book was about something Arthas did as the Lich King, instead of retelling us Warcraft III.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    What political agenda?
    The evil feminist/leftist/communist/sjw/lizardpeople/antirepublican/antiwhite/proIslam/lgbtq-agenda

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Wasn't the later parts of 5.1 after the Sunreavers helped Garrosh steal a very dangerous artifact and she forcibly evicted them?

10+ Year Old Account
    @Daemos daemonium She has politically correct and "feminist" (in quotes because its not the one that means equality) agendas which appear to be getting through the cracks and into the game.

More on topic, it'd be interesting to compile the Jaina of even patches and the Jaina of odd patches into two distinct storylines, just to better illuminate how violent her tonal shifts are. Such as in 5.0 where she wants Dalaran to be neutral and is seemingly repulsed at the notion of expelling the Sunreavers and their Horde compatriots. Jump to 5.1 and she is taking to the streets leading the purge without listening to a shred of logic. She comdemns an entire people without hearing the full scope of the story. She condemns an entire people with no evidence. She condemns an entire people when the only guilty party wasn't even associated with the Sunreavers.

Prior to that, she claims Theramore to be a neutral port, yet whines when the Horde calls her out for aiding the Alliance. Her city gets nuked, and somehow she deems herself blameless.

In 7.0 she abandons Dalaran in its time of need, and shows back up in 8.0 (or only pre-release material?) pretending to have played a role in defeating the Legion. She is so unstable.

Quote Originally Posted by OIS View Post
    I was really bored with that book honestly, I could barely finish it. It would be really better if the book was about something Arthas did as the Lich King, instead of retelling us Warcraft III.
    The problem is after he became Lich King, he just sat on the Frozen Throne for like 5 years or whatever it was, and then everything he did as LK was more or less told in Wrath. I did like insight into his home life, scenes with Calia and Terenas exposed how he was as a father, Arthas' interactions with Jaina and Kael'thas, and how much losing Invincible affected him. Everything that WC3 had already covered was boring, yeah, but I guess they told her to paint a complete picture.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    The evil feminist/leftist/communist/sjw/lizardpeople/antirepublican/antiwhite/proIslam/lgbtq-agenda
    Sadly they won’t let us play the snake race so the agenda is failed.

So many angry losers waving their torch and pitchforks at a blank wall. They're that desperate to cry.