Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    I played all of WoD. I lasted 1 months of BFA. Unless Blizzard radically reverse all the changes they made in BFA and go back to the Legion style, I'm never playing WoW again

- - - Updated - - -

Why? It's not like the things fundamentally wrong with the expansion's features can just be fixed

-azerite
    -warfronts
    - islands

These are the main features of BFA, and they all, imo, suck
    Well, the Legendary hunt, the secondary stat fiasco and the Artifact Traits were also major "fatal" things from Legion and look at how that ended up being fixed during its lifespan.

10+ Year Old Account
    I absolutely disagree. Cataclysm was amazingly good, so is BFA!

Legion sucked more than anything I ever played.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    You say we got new zones (and good ones at that)
    You said there are new races variations (but not ones you like)
    You say we can unlock unique new races, but you complain that they take effort.
    We also got heritage armor, warmode, islands (now with a reason to do them), warfronts.
    A great first raid and challenging dungeons
    More races and heritage armor unlocking in the future.
    A new raid right around the corner.

If you don't like the budding story, that's fine, it's your opinion, but to say you got nothing is a bit hyperbolic.

BfA has an number of negatives: the entire Azerite armor system and the GCD change being two of the worst for me, but it is way too early to call BfA a bust.
    1) Zones being good are debatable...I leveled Horde and I hated Vol'dun and Zuldazar. Nazmir is better, but the alliance zones are much better from an aesthetic level. It's just my opinion, but their quality of making zones hasn't been the same since Wrath and TBC.

2) New races I could personally care less about, but they did market this xpac around those new races. They are just reskins and new players coming back to the game won't have access to the old races which is stupid. No one should have to go back and grind rep in a previous expansion, which is a pretty bonehead move by Blizzard there.

3) For a large majority of people, there is zero reason to do war fronts and Island expeditions. They are great in theory, but horrible implementation. They are boring as hell and there should be a currency or something to work towards in IE's. Your luck on getting mounts/pets(if you care about them) is complete slot machine RNG. For players that don't care about either, there is zero reason to do them.

4) The raid was pretty good I will give it that, but the dungeons have entirely too much trash. A lot of the encounters are pretty fun, but the dungeons were specifically built with MDI in mind, there is no disputing that.

BFA is pretty much a bust at this point, you can't really argue that one(first impressions are everything and many people who were around at start won't return because of the issues):
    1) Server release issues - many players could not play for almost 24 hours on high pop realms
    2) AH issues on high pop realms - it was unusable
    3) Myriad of bugs on release(definitely more than I have ever seen on release)
    4) GCD change issues
    5) IE's being worthless and boring
    6) Warfronts are pointless and even more boring
    7) Class imbalance issues that are still around to this day
    8) Azerite system was a bust on release and still is

They ignored mountains of feedback from the Beta/Alpha forums and released an expansion that was not finished and the quality showed. It's really all you can say. The very few positives BFA has are far outweighed by the negatives. The negatives are also core expansion systems that affect the entire player base, so some of these systems might never be fixed without drastic change, which I don't see Blizzard doing. They might make them somewhat less tedious, but they will never improve them for the fun of the player experience.

People probably play out of habit/collecting achievements/hoping the game will get better. My guild doesn't even log on except one day to raid and knock out a 10 and even then most don't complete them cause who cares. No one I know is enjoying other content in the game(IE's, WF's, WQ's). This is just my perspective, but it's not a controversial opinion around the wire.
    Last edited by crono14; 2018-10-25 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xcitng View Post
    Well if they didn't, they would have nothing of worth left so I cannot blame them.
    How about you step up to the task with your awesome ideas then? :4head:

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post
    Since Cataclysm, it seems every odd expansion has been bad, and the ones immediate before or after have been considered very good.

Wrath (good) -> Cataclysm (bad) -> Pandaria (good) -> WoD (bad) -> Legion (good) -> BfA (bad) -> ??? (good)
    Looking for patterns is ridiculous. That's not a pattern, it's simply coincidence.

The only hope World of Warcraft has for having a better expansion next time is to have a completely new development team step up to the bat, particularly in the upper echelons. And even then it's probably too late to save it considering how much work this team has put into whatever's coming down the line. It's really that simple; having elitist jerks who only care about raiding and world firsts running the show was just an insanely stupid idea; that's literally the least important and participated thing in the game... with rated battlegrounds and high-end arenas coming in a close second.

Logic fails, Pandaria was shit.

Pandaria shit? In what world are you living? MoP is miles ahead compared to past expansions.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post
    Since Cataclysm, it seems every odd expansion has been bad, and the ones immediate before or after have been considered very good.

Wrath (good) -> Cataclysm (bad) -> Pandaria (good) -> WoD (bad) -> Legion (good) -> BfA (bad) -> ??? (good)

I suppose the reason for this could be them pumping out expansions much faster than before. Maybe the better ideas just take longer to work on. So I'm wondering, what would make the next expansion great for you? What made the previous ones good for you? I personally loved Cataclysm, but I'm a huge fan of dragon lore.

I'm looking for something to be monumental in the next expansion... like a 3rd faction being added.
    Cataclysm was awesome. Just the last raid lasted way too long.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Quote Originally Posted by Soluna View Post
    How about you step up to the task with your awesome ideas then? :4head:
    Are you going to give me a 15 billion dollar company with 4.7k staff? :4head:

I feel like BfA isnt terrible, but it is a step back from Legion. Which is making it feel worse then what it really is. Though I am really annoyed with where prot warr is right now on both live and the PTR

Quote Originally Posted by InfernalDark View Post
    Logic fails, Pandaria was shit.
    Most people who played it look back on MoP as an overall really strong expansion, and Throne of Thunder is often praised among the best raids ever

Are you going to give me a 15 billion dollar company with 4.7k staff? :4head:
    Just want to say Blizzard did not start out with 15 Billion in the bank.

Neither did Google.

Neither did Apple.

Neither did Microsoft.

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    Just want to say Blizzard did not start out with 15 Billion in the bank.

Neither did Google.

Neither did Apple.

Neither did Microsoft.
    Thats great but after 27 years they come up with islands and warfronts

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Cata had issues for casuals that relied on pugging in the initial release and the last patch was rather underwhelming, claiming that cata is already worse than BfA when BfA has at least 2 more chances to fail is a bit.. presumptious. Cata also did alot for the long term health of the game, even if some vanilla fans like to disagree or others tend to ignore it.
    While that's a fair argument, given WoW is a pretty mature game, we're not really going to see major changes in overall structuring. Azerite and the current state of gameplay need to be resolved. Those things aside, the best comparison for current expansions is content and BfA already exceeds Cata, outside of raids - for which at least an additional 3 are in the works for BfA. The best expansions deliver content, and to that end BfA will meet the mark. What it isn't doing is delivering gameplay and diminishes the game / player agency with the dud azerite system. (That and azerite seems to be an afterthought in the overall storyline.)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    Didnt take long for the obligatory "agree with me or you're a fanboy" post.
    It's like the Godwin's Law of WOW
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Thats great but after 27 years they come up with islands and warfronts
    They have HeartStone and Overwatch.

Which last I heard was doing quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    They have HeartStone and Overwatch.

Which last I heard was doing quite well.
    they also come up with islands and warfronts

Does this count as an optimism thread? It's a bit chilly down here in hell but I can't tell if it's frozen over yet.

The raid and 5 mans are great. The azerite traits and a lot of classes seem completely neglected.

I am highly confident the next xpac will be excellent. Unfortunately though, Bfa will be hanging around for another 20-22 months.