Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Perhaps a concession to some battle-earned respect from the raid encounter?

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Blizzard shit writing saga continues.
    Hopefully your avatar is meant to be ironic.

That's the worst written and actualized character in any fictional setting, ever.

Um, hello? Bipolar disorder is a very serious issue, and I do not appreciate you rip on Jaina for it!

Joking aside, I agree. Jaina has shown herself to be vocally anti-Horde and more than happy to fight them at every turn, so her wanting to show restraint against the Zandalari (read: a race she has only known as an enemy and who is now allies of her most hated enemy) doesn't suit her character. This sudden concern to keep some moral high ground doesn't make any sense.

Pretty disappointed by this. We already have Anduin to fill the role as the reluctant aggressor, we don't need Jaina to jump on that train as well.

Master Mathias Shaw says: She's the real problem here. I imagine she is already finding ways to turn this to her advantage.
    I mean, does she really need to? It's not like the Zandalari doesn't already have the incentive to desire revenge for Rastakhan's death, right?
    Last edited by Theoris; 2018-10-26 at 12:27 AM.

From a literary standpoint, it should be pretty obvious that the real thread here has nothing to do with mercy with the Horde but rather some sort of empathy with Talanji. You may have noticed Jaina's been pretty wrapped up in her own father's death in this expansion. She wants to let Talanji grieve. Wouldn't be surprised if some in-raid cutscene doesn't establish this, like she has a wince of pain or regret as she sees Talanji rush to Rastakhan's voice. Perhaps with a Zandalari-accented "why didn't you listen?" thrown in to drive it home.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    That's not really flip flopping though? They're at war, sure, but she's not a bloodthirsty warmonger with no understanding about what it means to mourn the fallen. Not wanting to be as heartless as the Banshee herself is a fairly solid argument for acting like she does.
    She's weak and worthless, like the rest of the Alliance, which is why they'll never win a war against monsters like the Horde. Not willing to annihilate a Horde city and all its inhabitants in one attack, get the fuck out and bring someone in who is willing to do that (and physically capable of succeeding, so not the two time loser Tyrande)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    Jaina has shown herself to be vocally anti-Horde and more than happy to fight them at every turn, so her wanting to show restraint against the Zandalari
    Shit writing is all over this. The same idiots who wrote remorseless Jaina's 'beware of me' suddenly pining for Zandalari casualties wrote Tyrande's 'THE TIME FOR MERCY IS OVER' followed by immediately rooting a bunch of Undead whom are later rescued.
    Fuck you, Give me Money- Bli$$ard

Quote Originally Posted by Night Lolwarrior View Post
    Shit writing is all over this. The same idiots who wrote remorseless Jaina's 'beware of me' suddenly pining for Zandalari casualties wrote Tyrande's 'THE TIME FOR MERCY IS OVER' followed by immediately rooting a bunch of Undead whom are later rescued.
    "Beware beware, the Daughter of the Sea - but not really."

At least Genn is his old self.

Well, mostly.

'THE TIME FOR MERCY IS OVER' followed by immediately rooting a bunch of Undead whom are later rescued.
    Wait, really?
    *Googles*
    Hey, Belmont lives!

ITT people who dont understand nuance and just devolve a character's statements into, "HUURR I HATED THE HORDE AND NOW I LIKED THEM!" even though that's not what Jaina is saying at all.

Not wanting to slaughter people at a funeral isn't some flip flop.

I swear if characters strive for peace and/or aren't bloodthirsty sociopaths like Sylvanas or Garrosh, people bitch and bitch and bitch that they're weak or traitors or cowards or flip floppy.
    Last edited by Necroxis; 2018-10-26 at 01:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by saintminya View Post
    Amazes me how a character with such violent personality shifts still retains a fanbase.
    Jaina retains a fanbase because she's hot. The Windrunners are all awful and overstayed characters that continue to remain because Blizzard is too afraid to kill them off. All four of these women are super babes with drones for fans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    The reason she is holding a grudge against Sunreavers on the other hand is extremely simple; Aethas Sunreaver is guilty of the actions she accused him of, and they protected him. The reasoning is not important to her, and frankly, it probably shouldn't be.
    She hurt her reputation among the Kirin Tor for acting so rash. Still some doubt as to whether Aethas was fully guilty though. I know he was aware of Fanlyr's exit from Darnassus with the Bell, and did nothing to stop him. Should he have? I'd say no, but to each their own. Afaik there is nothing saying that he aided in orchestrating Fanlyr/Garrosh's plan.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Furthermore the fact that she feels sympathy for the Zandalari in any way points out something critical; she does not hate the Horde and their allies equally. She is able to differentiate between which factions of the Horde are totally evil, and which ones are not. The Zandalari in particular have been largely isolationist up until now; the Kul Tirans and Zandalari probably left eachother alone.

She is likely feeling sympathetic towards Talanji because Jaina's own father was killed by the Horde, and now her father was killed by the Alliance. I would be willing to bet this could have something to do with it, but if so, Blizzard really should clarify it.
    Wow, that is a great observation. I agree that Bliizard should clarify that, if it was intended. That would help establish better consisteny in Jaina's thought process, and maybe dissolve some of the animosity toward her.

Changing your mind after new events or information is available. That shouldn't be allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Necroxis View Post
    ITT people who dont understand nuance and just devolve a character's statements into, "HUURR I HATED THE HORDE AND NOW I LIKED THEM!" even though that's not what Jaina is saying at all.

Not wanting to slaughter people at a funeral isn't some flip flop.

I swear if characters strive for peace and/or aren't bloodthirsty sociopaths like Sylvanas or Garrosh, people bitch and bitch and bitch that they're weak or traitors or cowards or flip floppy.
    Remember, the Hordies adored Jaina when she wuvved them more than her own people. The minute she said something mean, she was "obviously" a dreadlord, terribly written, and so forth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

You know, I'm less upset about Jaina suddenly reverting to her WC3 form and more disturbed by the fact the Alliance's logic is completely nonsensical.

Choosing to push the advantage is not the same thing as torching Teldrassil -- It does not make you "just as bad as the Banshee". In fact, wouldn't choosing to push the advantage would be the morally good thing to do since you are ending the war faster(and therefore saving more lives)?

beware of me btw

fear the daughter of the sea btw

warbringer btw

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Remember, the Hordies adored Jaina when she wuvved them more than her own people.
    That's true. It's also the reason why Alliance players stump for Baine and Saurfang the hardest.

That's true. It's also the reason why Alliance players stump for Baine and Saurfang the hardest.
    Where have Baine or Saurfang ever loved the Alliance more than their own people?

Saurfang especially. His storyline has nothing to even do with the Alliance at all.

I wish we could stop pretending like everyone only liked certain characters because of their faction. I'm sure that'st true of some people but definitely not all.

Once again, striving for peace (Or at least not lusting after war in Saurfang's case) isn't a weakness nor is it suddenly appeasing the other faction.

Btw, Jaina isn't saying stop the war. She's saying don't show up to Rastakhan's funeral and slaughter a bunch of people who are there mourning a dead King. Something that the literal Burning Legion did during Varian's.
    Last edited by Necroxis; 2018-10-26 at 06:20 AM.

Genn Greymane says: He was a casualty of war, Anduin. A king must be willing to sacrifice himself for his people without doubt or hesitation.
    WINK WINK

Anduin Wrynn says: I know that, Genn... as well as anyone.
    *Winking intensifies*

Edit: mmh also, wasn't Jaina supposed to be "severely wounded" by the end of the Battle ? She's now perfectly fine ? What's the point of the last encounter, just make her flee ?
    Last edited by Ophenia; 2018-10-26 at 07:02 AM.

She hurt her reputation among the Kirin Tor for acting so rash. Still some doubt as to whether Aethas was fully guilty though. I know he was aware of Fanlyr's exit from Darnassus with the Bell, and did nothing to stop him. Should he have? I'd say no, but to each their own. Afaik there is nothing saying that he aided in orchestrating Fanlyr/Garrosh's plan.
    He literally admits to it and apologizes for his actions in the Mage class order hall story. So yes, there is evidence. I don't recall the specifics but it's not just assumed at this point. He is on the good side of the Kirin Tor again, mostly, and Jaina supposedly cut off ties entirely with them. Lots of little ironies...

Wow, that is a great observation. I agree that Bliizard should clarify that, if it was intended. That would help establish better consisteny in Jaina's thought process, and maybe dissolve some of the animosity toward her.
    To be fair it could be a coincidence, but I really have to wonder here. Even if it is, Blizzard should make use of it.

Genn Greymane says: He was a casualty of war, Anduin. A king must be willing to sacrifice himself for his people without doubt or hesitation.
    Hahaha Genn is trolling himself, the King of hide and seek, and running away like the sad furry he is.-
    Zul'Jin died for our sins.
    --
    My Loa are smiling at me infidel. can you say the same?

Ironically enough, your title actually points to a consistency about her character. The change of mind is actually consistent with her character, as odd as that may be to comprehend.

Salty Feline Overlord Beerbill Society's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Plot twist: She is a Dreadlord and is pushing us all into madness.

"... And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." - Ezekiel 25:17

"My name is Legion: for we are many." - Mark 5:9
    My characters :3

clearly she just wants to prolong the war

Pretty sure Jaina had a character arc this expansion that made her come to terms with her loss and become a determined, but stable person. So sentences like that is what I would expect from her now. Not Anduin Lawfull stupid. Not Greymane Chaotic Drooling. But somewhere in the giant space between those two 2-dimensional tropes.

Or you know..everything that isn't full tribalism genocide mode must be bad writing and probably the fault of that evil womam in the writing team. Also cucks. Cucks are important.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."