Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    i remember the good times when races launched with their expansion. now we pay for the box and the month or two it takes to level and rep grind a character you don't want to roll.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    They are legion themed but locked to bfa.
    They are in the bfa box, but they are a legion race/rep grind
    In other words, they are a BfA feature, regardless of how they tie in with the game's already existing content.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    In other words, they are a BfA feature, regardless of how they tie in with the game's already existing content.
    No, not at all.
    It's a preorder bonus for BFA, launched during legion's prime. So it's legion content, but unlocked by purchasing BFA.

I unlocked my races in Legion but still kind of agree that for returning players it's probably misleading, out of the way, and boring to have to go back and do old stuff instead of playing the new content

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xheoul View Post
    I get the people defending this...It IS a simple rep grind. Though it sucks that I have to be forced to grind old content just so I could reroll an alt allied race. Essentially I have to decide whether I want to make progress with my would-be main or dedicate time to doing the rep grind.

I honestly don't have all that much time to play anymore and that's no one's fault, really. But I would've appreciated to not have to choose "well, today I'll rep grind and tomorrow I'll run a few dungeons". There's a lot to do in BFA, even if some people feel there's not enough content. But for some of us who really don't have a whole lot of time to play WoW it can be a total bummer.

I played Legion for a while, even did some heroic raiding, working on Mythic. I lived in Puerto Rico at the time and Hurricane Maria happened. Needless to say I missed out on a LOT of content and it wasn't until a couple of months ago that I was able to get myself a PC.

Again, no one's fault really. But it's just to provide some context I guess.
    WoW's always had a ton of content that required huge time investments to get the most out of though, even during vanilla. Something as simple as "I'll work on my professions today vs running dungeons/leveling".

It's not to say that it isn't overwhelming, truly so much has been added to the game and keeps getting added that unless someone dedicates a large amount of time they are unlikely to get within arm's reach of all the things in the game.

Doubly so this is true when we cannot afford much time to playing. I feel ya here, because I have limited play time as well and I love collecting things from every facet of the game (pvp, pve, pet battles, tmog, mounts, etc). It can at times feel "why even try it's going to take too long/go away soon", but it's one of the realities of WoW in that it's always been that way.

On the flip side though, they do allow people to be efficient with time spent per activity and I feel this is a part that keeps getting undermined by the community. The addition of account bound tokens, of 8.1 allowing for 7th Legion/Honorbound contracts, of the War campaign giving rep, of Suramar quests offering huge reps, etc. Even doubling the rep gain for Legion Allied Races too.

There may be lots of things added to WoW, that require a time investment for sure, but there are also lots of things that become easier to acquire over time too. None of this is to say that people should have to settle for this if they don't want to, hopefully no one feels literally compelled to do something in the game. But rewards in WoW requiring a certain amount of time investment is not something I see changing ever, it's probably one of the cornerstones of WoW, let alone any subscription based MMO.

BTW, your signature is dope. Draenei DH?

5+ Year Old Account
    No, not at all.
    It's a preorder bonus for BFA, launched during legion's prime. So it's legion content, but unlocked by purchasing BFA.
    By that logic, Demon Hunters are WoD content, unlocked by purchasing Legion as a preorder bonus...

Quote Originally Posted by tclphz View Post
    but everyone wants attunements right?
    Stupid point to make considering attunements are part of character progression. Unlocking a race just means you can pay $25 for the character you did the progression with, or start over.

5+ Year Old Account
    By that logic, Demon Hunters are WoD content, unlocked by purchasing Legion as a preorder bonus...
    Honestly they are referred to as Legion races by Blizzard so I'm not sure what the point of arguing this specific portion really entails. Blizzard calls them Legion races therefore they're Legion content, even if BFA purchase is required for unlocking Allied Races feature.

I'm sure theoretically if they ever let a race in Cataclysm content become Allied Race (Wildhammer Dwarves for example) then it wouldn't require purchasing the expansion after BFA.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    Honestly they are referred to as Legion races by Blizzard so I'm not sure what the point of arguing this specific portion really entails. Blizzard calls them Legion races therefore they're Legion content, even if BFA purchase is required for unlocking Allied Races feature.

I'm sure theoretically if they ever let a race in Cataclysm content become Allied Race (Wildhammer Dwarves for example) then it wouldn't require purchasing the expansion after BFA.
    Let's see. Could you play a Draenei/BE without BC? Nope? That makes them BC content. Could you play Worgen/Goblin without Cata? Of course not, that's why they are Cata content. Blizzard is being disingenuous by calling them Legion races, since if that was the case, they should be available to anyone who purchased Legion or the WoW battle chest (after Legion, that is).

Unlocking the races and unlocking Allied Race is in essence not the same thing. You can get Allied Races without doing old content. If you couldn't, then I could understand it would be a bit strange. So unlocking the different races is not the same as unlocking the feature.

Like, I got the drivers license, so I unlocked the feature "Driving a car". I got a car, but I want to drive that other better looking car. But I can't drive that new car before I buy it. Which would require me to grind some money to use my feature, "Driving a car" to drive the better looking car. Did that make sense?

Edited to make it more compareable.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2018-10-26 at 03:14 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Let's see. Could you play a Draenei/BE without BC? Nope? That makes them BC content. Could you play Worgen/Goblin without Cata? Of course not, that's why they are Cata content. Blizzard is being disingenuous by calling them Legion races, since if that was the case, they should be available to anyone who purchased Legion or the WoW battle chest (after Legion, that is).
    @Doffen 's post is an astute reply to your comment here. You unlock the feature "Allied Races" not necessarily any particular race.

No, because Demon hunters aren't WoD themed, nor are they tied to WoD rep/storylines.

the best compromise blizz can make is make player play thru the suramar questline and unlock allied race at the end, but nope blizz wants player to grind dogshit world quests

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zillbert View Post
    Stupid point to make considering attunements are part of character progression. Unlocking a race just means you can pay $25 for the character you did the progression with, or start over.
    You don't start over, you make another character. You still have your old character to play, it's not like you have to transmute your old character into an allied race one. Unlocking an allied race means that you can create a new character of said race, where did those 25$ came from?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Bought BFA to play Zandalari, hit exalted, still no zandalari. Things are tough all over

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Esotaric View Post
    the best compromise blizz can make is make player play thru the suramar questline and unlock allied race at the end, but nope blizz wants player to grind dogshit world quests
    They could have unlocked ARs for anyone with a lvl 110, while leaving that phat heritage armour gated behind rep, but no.

- - - Updated - - -

No, because Demon hunters aren't WoD themed, nor are they tied to WoD rep/storylines.
    Irrelevant. You couldn't play DHs without Legion, preordered or otherwise, so that makes DHs a Legion feature.

They could have unlocked ARs for anyone with a lvl 110, while leaving that phat heritage armour gated behind rep, but no.

- - - Updated - - -

Irrelevant. You couldn't play DHs without Legion, preordered or otherwise, so that makes DHs a Legion feature.
    You're ignoring key things to try to make an argument.

Allied races are tied to your bfa license and requires legion rep.
    Demon hunters are tied to your legion licence and doesn't require any rep.

it's like a mount. Either get the rep or don't.

5+ Year Old Account
    You're ignoring key things to try to make an argument.

Allied races are tied to your bfa license and requires legion rep.
    Demon hunters are tied to your legion licence and doesn't require any rep.

it's like a mount. Either get the rep or don't.
    Races =! Mounts
    As for the subject at hand, ARs are either Legion content or they aren't. Since you cannot access them without BfA, I'll go for the latter.

Races =! Mounts
    As for the subject at hand, ARs are either Legion content or they aren't. Since you cannot access them without BfA, I'll go for the latter.
    They are bfa content with legion prereqs.
    I dunno how this concept is so hard for you to get.

I want those laughing skull masks for my mag'har orc. But nope, rep grind first.

(and I'm told a significantly more annoying one at that. By bug or evil intention I've heard they dropped the rep to like 1 per mob)