Ret paladin nerfed in 8.1

Looks like our burst got hit with 10% nerf. 30% damage and healing to 20%

Quote Originally Posted by stouf View Post
    Looks like our burst got hit with 10% nerf. 30% damage and healing to 20%
    A talent hardly anyone is running will be run even less, nothing to be seen
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

I see this more of a pvp nerf to help combat mastery stacking pallies.

Deleted
    Irony is that inq is just as viable in PvP as DP is and from what I have seen as many if not more people are already using inq its not as much of a "nerf" as it is killing the ONLY other talent outside of inq that was viable on the 100 row in PvE and PVP.

7+ Year Old Account
    I guess the nerf is a response to that Divine Storm is getting buffed ( 92.8% > 111.4% ). But that will just punish our ST damage which is supposed to be good due to weak aoe and NO CLEAVE AT ALL, but really isn't. x_x

10+ Year Old Account
    Really sad about this change as I actually enjoy DP. It makes rotation/gameplay a little bit smoth with less downtime waiting fo CDs to end :S
    Arukas

15+ Year Old Account
    At least they fixed dp and now it can chain proc, so that is something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    This is a countermeasure for the Divine Storm trait, as it would likely elevate DP into the "must-pick" status.

Quote Originally Posted by marinos View Post
    At least they fixed dp and now it can chain proc, so that is something.
    Source for this? I have been playing with the assumption it is still broken.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laego View Post
    Source for this? I have been playing with the assumption it is still broken.
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/324791384

From ret Discord.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well fuck me, it's about time.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    I guess the nerf is a response to that Divine Storm is getting buffed ( 92.8% > 111.4% ). But that will just punish our ST damage which is supposed to be good due to weak aoe and NO CLEAVE AT ALL, but really isn't. x_x
    At the beginning of the expansion I was fine with having (what seemed at the time) mediocre AoE and no cleave, because our ST seemed god tier and different specs must have different weaknesses.

But only 2 months in, our ST is outdone by many specs, while our AoE is almost the worst there is (outside of WoA) and we have zero cleave (outside of a talent on a 45 second CD).

It isn’t good enough. The easiest thing would be to increase the ST to higher end and increase our AoE to middle of the pack instead of terrible. Still leaves us with cleave as a huge weakness while only being really good in one area.

It isn’t acceptable to be middle of the pack in ST and trash everywhere else. Too many weaknesses for survivability being our only strength.

Looks like meat's back on the menu, boys!
    You may not like my methods, but you'll surely know my name.

It was already nerfed to 20% in PVP. The really strong thing about ret right now is Avenger's Might. In the next patch the Divine Storm trait is also going be pretty strong.

Who are the people behind these decisions? I want names. Wanna see if they're the same names that were there the previous x expansions that made it a point to neuter ret because of "balance" and "class fantasy".

I hope DP is better than inq in aoe at least. The rng proc talent should have the capability of out-performing the passive damage talent regardless of spec, otherwise there is no point risking low damage pulls if passive damage is always better.

I've used DP this whole tier tbh. It performs more poorly than inquisition, but it makes the spec a bit less brain dead. Would hate to see it even less viable in 8.1, even if the nerfi s to compensate for the fact that it doesn't work as intended on live.

Can anybody provide me with changes of Holy Paladin in 8.1?
    I met only really long read...it's better to write the most exciting changes in one paragraph!)

Quote Originally Posted by Kiragamer1995 View Post
    I met only really long read...it's better to write the most exciting changes in one paragraph!)
    Why are you asking for that in this thread?
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Quote Originally Posted by Kiragamer1995 View Post
    Wrong thread, but here you go https://www.wowhead.com/class-change...eance-patch-81