Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
    Quote Originally Posted by Rettsvern View Post
    Hi people,

This is my first time posting (actually bothering to make an account on MMO-champion), after i've probably been reading on this forum the past 10 years.

I am what I've seen plenty of references to, part of the "silent majority" playing the game. We do not post on forums and we generally do not utter our opinion on the state of the game - regardless of whether or not we're positive or negative. Not that we're a homogeneous group, but i strongly believe that we share one common trait, and that is that we're generally happy with the game (as long as we're playing). Once we no longer enjoy the game to a certain extent, we stop playing (either permanently or periodically). Problem solved.

Anyways, the reason i finally bother to actually post something here, is that i am sick and tired of reading posts about people stating their opinions on BFA (as facts) that BFA is a failed expansion, a bad expansion and so forth. As far as i understand it is only a tiny majority of players (although a quite vocal one), that is unhappy with BFA in general (and in particular how certain elements like azerite, island expeditions etc.) are playing out.

As a counterweight i just wanted to say that in my opinion, BFA is a great expansion. I am not saying it's the greatest expansion ever, but i really like it. Contrary to what seems to be a popular opinion i actually like BFA far more than i liked Legion. Also i probably haven't played any expansion as much as I've played BFA since TBC/Wrath.

Anyways, keep up the good work Blizzard!

Cheers
    I am like 90% sure you don't do raids outside of LFR or PvP outside of random BGs, and don't play a Shaman, Warlock, Death Knight, Rogue, Shadow Priest, or Prot Warrior. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but it also means that there are things that are objectively wrong with gear acquisition, class balance and end game activities in general that you're not aware of because you don't do them.

Asmongold is an elitist narcissistic asshole but he's also both not wrong about a lot of the shit wrong with the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    Last I checked these numbers are not officially confirmed as being very accurate, so using them as clear cut fact is not helpful in the slightest.
    Look you fools...

Blizzard WILL NEVER release actual numbers. Stop using this argument. This is all we have to go on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mindstripper View Post
    I am like 90% sure you don't do raids outside of LFR or PvP outside of random BGs, and don't play a Shaman, Warlock, Death Knight, Rogue, Shadow Priest, or Prot Warrior. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but it also means that there are things that are objectively wrong with gear acquisition, class balance and end game activities in general that you're not aware of because you don't do them.

Asmongold is an elitist narcissistic asshole but he's also both not wrong about a lot of the shit wrong with the game.
    I really dislike people who dismiss arguments or claims because he's an "asshole" or "degenerate". That doesn't freaking matter what he is. He has an opinion and many people agree with or without being his fan. Blizzdrones will stay subbed even if the expansion is about scooping dinosaur shit because most of them are addicts.

Hi people,

This is my first time posting (actually bothering to make an account on MMO-champion), after i've probably been reading on this forum the past 10 years.

I am what I've seen plenty of references to, part of the "silent majority" playing the game. We do not post on forums and we generally do not utter our opinion on the state of the game - regardless of whether or not we're positive or negative. Not that we're a homogeneous group, but i strongly believe that we share one common trait, and that is that we're generally happy with the game (as long as we're playing). Once we no longer enjoy the game to a certain extent, we stop playing (either permanently or periodically). Problem solved.

Anyways, the reason i finally bother to actually post something here, is that i am sick and tired of reading posts about people stating their opinions on BFA (as facts) that BFA is a failed expansion, a bad expansion and so forth. As far as i understand it is only a tiny majority of players (although a quite vocal one), that is unhappy with BFA in general (and in particular how certain elements like azerite, island expeditions etc.) are playing out.

As a counterweight i just wanted to say that in my opinion, BFA is a great expansion. I am not saying it's the greatest expansion ever, but i really like it. Contrary to what seems to be a popular opinion i actually like BFA far more than i liked Legion. Also i probably haven't played any expansion as much as I've played BFA since TBC/Wrath.

Cheers
    Reason being? Specifics specificsss. Playtime is not always equal to enjoyment. Also, what amount of that played time, did you really enjoy and wasnt "have to do emisaries for azerite" and such. Because if I compare playtime 2 months in, favorite expansion (bc) and bfa... They are both probably quite similar, but the bfa experience just feels like; tick the daily boxes and log off, because there is no more progress to be made, or the grind is so meaningless against the reward it isnt worth it (low azerite wqs and such).

straight from the mind of a first time mmo player and wow casual. you heard it here first folks - bfa is great!1

Welcome. I too enjoy BfA quite alot. It is true that most posts on this and other forums are negative atm but thats just how it is. People are entiteled to their opinion.
    The best advice I can give to someone who wants to enjoy WoW more is to stop reading WoW related forums. The more negativity you encounter, the more negative you become toward the game.

7+ Year Old Account
    When there is platform available to people of all opinions and all feelings to voice their opinions and feelings on a topic, well...

What do you expect?

Well I don't mean "expect" because nobody should expect to be attacked for their opinions or feelings, but given the world we live on and the anonymity of this forum (and quite larger, the Internet) it really is no surprise. People have a tendency to either exaggerate and understate.
    Last edited by MechaCThun; 2018-10-27 at 11:27 AM.

I don't think it's wrong at all to like BfA. I think a lot of people do, and I wish I could like BfA too.

But as a jaded player who had to endure WoD, I'm not going through life support WoW again. And if they try to push that on us then I'm going to bitch and moan about it every step of the way. I'll never be the type to tell someone to quit if they're having fun but I can personally say that my entire group of friends seemed to have all fallen to the wayside and gone on to other games at this point and that's never a good sign for an expansion 2 months in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
    Quote Originally Posted by KronosIII View Post
    Look you fools...

Blizzard WILL NEVER release actual numbers. Stop using this argument. This is all we have to go on.

- - - Updated - - -

I really dislike people who dismiss arguments or claims because he's an "asshole" or "degenerate". That doesn't freaking matter what he is. He has an opinion and many people agree with or without being his fan. Blizzdrones will stay subbed even if the expansion is about scooping dinosaur shit because most of them are addicts.
    Did I not say that he's not wrong? Basically, he's right. He's absolutely right about pretty much everything. That doesn't mean he's not an elitist prick. But him being an elitist prick doesn't make him wrong about any of the stuff he's talking about. It's like saying Trump is wrong about the economy and our relationship with China just because he's a sexist. He's a sexist pig but he's not wrong about any of that stuff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindstripper View Post
    Did I not say that he's not wrong? Basically, he's right. He's absolutely right about pretty much everything. That doesn't mean he's not an elitist prick. But him being an elitist prick doesn't make him wrong about any of the stuff he's talking about. It's like saying Trump is wrong about the economy and our relationship with China just because he's a sexist. He's a sexist pig but he's not wrong about any of that stuff.
    Reading comprehension please... I was agreeing with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Are you tho? Mr russian bot
    Welcome fellow russian
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KronosIII View Post
    Look you fools...

Calling someone a fool while using unreliable data to make a claim is pure irony at its finest. Maybe follow your own advice and stop using faulty numbers when we frankly don't know the actual facts.

Hi people,

Cheers
    So, all of that to say you're too emotionally fragile to handle hearing other people's opinions without them explicitly stating that it is their opinion, which is obvious by the simple fact that they're saying it.

Well, in my opinion you should probably actually bother to explain why you think this expansion is so great. Otherwise your post looks like you're just bothered by people on the internet having different opinions than you.

Quote Originally Posted by salate View Post
    It's never bad to say you like the game. It's never bad to speak your opinion. I love the game aswell, there are some stupid things that made the game less... friendly, but in general the game is great
    Agree. There is always positives and negatives, but i dont think the forum rhetoric matches up appropriately. Perhaps peoples expectations from WoD to Legion were low, so they thought it was good but now from Legion to BfA the expectations are medium-high resulting in neutral and negative sentiment.

Quote Originally Posted by cronotose View Post
    So, all of that to say you're too emotionally fragile to handle hearing other people's opinions without them explicitly stating that it is their opinion, which is obvious by the simple fact that they're saying it.

Well, in my opinion you should probably actually bother to explain why you think this expansion is so great. Otherwise your post looks like you're just bothered by people on the internet having different opinions than you.
    Well, problem isn't people stating their opinion and not explicitly adding on a "in my opinion" etc., the problem is the oposite, when people explicit states their opinons to be facts. Reading comprehension please.

Anways, i don't think i need to explain why i think BFA is great. That is a complex matter and the result of a shitton of different factors of the state of the game. I just like the expansion, and felt that this was a statement that others than me share, and i wanted to bring some balance to flow of information with the constant whining on this forum.