Page 1 of 2
LastLast

RP Servers for WoW Classic

Do you think they'll be a thing? Assuming they will be, I certainly wouldn't mind being able to go back and roleplay an orc character in a Post-WC3 Thrall Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Techno-Druid View Post
    Do you think they'll be a thing? Assuming they will be, I certainly wouldn't mind being able to go back and roleplay an orc character in a Post-WC3 Thrall Horde.
    If playerbase can support it, I guess there will be at least few.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    100% certain there will be one or two full ones at launch.

Hopefully not RP that moonguard be doing ....lol

I suppose there will be one for each region.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe we'll get one pr. region but I don't have any faith in the roleplay that would be developing there. I have too much of a paranoid mind that I believe there's going to be A LOT of people who act like, or subtly act like they know what is going on - prophecy RP.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I believe we'll get one pr. region but I don't have any faith in the roleplay that would be developing there. I have too much of a paranoid mind that I believe there's going to be A LOT of people who act like, or subtly act like they know what is going on - prophecy RP.
    Fair enough, I just hope I can use the RPG Guide book canon in roleplay, a lot of very valuable information (i.e. ages/lifespans, culture, etc) and it's a shame that it's been de-canonized.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fair enough, I just hope I can use the RPG Guide book canon in roleplay, a lot of very valuable information (i.e. ages/lifespans, culture, etc) and it's a shame that it's been de-canonized.
    We still use the lifespans on RP servers. And we will keep so until they add an updated one.

What I meant more was beyond the guidebook.

About how people mysteriously knows what dwells in Outland, what taunts await in the cold north and so on.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Mock them IC for it. Insist that Draenor is nothing but shrooms and that Arthas is dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    It’d be interesting but I don’t see RP being anywhere near as popular as on live.

Horde RP won’t exist for the most part without Blood Elves and those who got into Orcish RP via Garrosh’s ideals. Trolls will have less material to work with and Tauren RP is rare as it is.

The Alliance might see something though, as the Alliance we saw in Vanilla was quite different to what it is today. Plus RP in Teldrassil will be possible again.

I'm curious how Blizz will handle the Classic realms in general. Will they go back to the PVE server and PVP server?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Mock them IC for it. Insist that Draenor is nothing but shrooms and that Arthas is dead.
    Oh, I have thought of that approach a lot but still. It is just one of those, 'ugh' moments. A little like when people on live celebrates an event that hasn't technically been ended until next patch/world first (depending on server attitude).

We still use the lifespans on RP servers. And we will keep so until they add an updated one.

About how people mysteriously knows what dwells in Outland, what taunts await in the cold north and so on.
    Oh yeah, to be fair though, it will be slightly difficult considering a lot has happened since Vanilla. However, I'm sure most people will adjust and I'll personally be happy to see a Horde where Orgrimmar looks less metal and spiky and isn't 80% elves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    It’d be interesting but I don’t see RP being anywhere near as popular as on live.

Horde RP won’t exist for the most part without Blood Elves and those who got into Orcish RP via Garrosh’s ideals. Trolls will have less material to work with and Tauren RP is rare as it is.
    Trolls will pretty much have everything they have now, canonically Zandalar and all of the loa we encounter on the island would still be present, just not in game. Plus you have a lot you can add from the RPG handbooks.

Or people preparing for unreleased raids (granted they will be staggered), raving about how they gather equipment suited to slay the reanimated frost wyrm, or the princess of bugs and whatnot.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenthovind View Post
    We were created by the biblical God.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenthovind View Post
    There's as much evidence for Santa as for darwinian evolution.
    The irony

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    I'm curious how Blizz will handle the Classic realms in general. Will they go back to the PVE server and PVP server?
    I would believe them to play it safe for now, only one type.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Oh yeah, to be fair though, it will be slightly difficult considering a lot has happened since Vanilla. However, I'm sure most people will adjust and I'll personally be happy to see a Horde where Orgrimmar looks less metal and spiky and isn't 80% elves.

- - - Updated - - -

Trolls will pretty much have everything they have now, canonically Zandalar and all of the loa we encounter on the island would still be present, just not in game. Plus you have a lot you can add from the RPG handbooks.
    The RPG handbooks are still non-canon. The time period of Vanilla wouldn’t change that.

All the pandaren rpers... And worgen... Goblin, dk, and DH.... Monks...

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope there is a RP pvp server.
    If you take the wings off of a fly, is it a walk?

I just hope they don't make too many servers that later end up empty. 1-2 RP servers should be enough imo. Remember there's no RPPvP servers so most players will likely start on PvP anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    The RPG handbooks are still non-canon. The time period of Vanilla wouldn’t change that.
    Classic =/= Retail

You shouldn't be using post-Classic lore (considering the multitude of retcons), and because the RPG handbooks were used back then during Vanilla then their usage is warranted in an environment which for all intentions is emulating that. Don't apply a post-Vanilla approach to it.