Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    What's the point of this thread, exactly? Are you yet another of the lost souls not capable of grasping the concepts of gameplay vs canon?

The playerbase harps on about "compelling lore" or "fleshed out lore for races", but in the end they go with the pretty stuff.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2018-10-27 at 11:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    RIP trolls and gnomes once again
    To be fair, both will have a presence in the raid as trash, since their leaders have boss fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    Numbers never were Blizz strong point. They gotta sell the new races especially races like the Velves who have like no compelling lore whatsoever.
    Yep, it's a business decision, if only to justify creating allied races to senior management.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

With Alleria back, I'm sure the numbers would skyrocket, so I can accept it to a point. I'm always taken back by how they become masters in no time at all. That was one of my little lore issues with monks. How are there "Master Trainer" tauren + gnomes etc when we just found Pandaria. I guess they could have been there for ages, we just didn't know about em.

It's whatever though.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

What are you actually complaining about, OP? That too many people are playing Allied Races or that there are too many NPC's of the Allied Races? You need to be more specific about what you're talking about.

5+ Year Old Account
    Make your own thread for that? Also players are not NPCs.
    He was making a point that is valid for this discussion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    The NEs are not a main force in the attack against the Zandalari capital, as most of their forces are in Darkshore (same with the Worgen)

Initially there were not many, but it seems that many HE and some other BE ended up joining the Void Elves, and becoming one of them.
    Yeah in the VE starting zone you see fresh high elves and blood elves being recruited. Some people just have too much time on their hands and after a while need to complain about something I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    What's the point of this thread, exactly? Are you yet another of the lost souls not capable of grasping the concepts of gameplay vs canon?

The playerbase harps on about "compelling lore" or "fleshed out lore for races", but in the end they go with the pretty stuff.
    Exactly. Someone in game was complaining about Vulpera potentially coming to horde while playing as a female blood elf DK in 'platekini' armor. I don't think my eyes could have rolled any harder.

As soon as the allied races were announced, people have been saying they'd all be forgotten and rarely even show up aside from one or two random NPCs from time to time. I assume they're trying to avoid that.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Alleria Windrunner View Post
    Whereas Void Elves could very well make up half of Silvermoon's population
    LOL

Can't wait for the vulpera and light undead army taking more presence than orcs and humans just to trigger more players
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

I hope blizzard takes this advice to heart and next time they'll make races less people want to play.

edit: Also if you look at the blood elf population, umbric has very few followers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Orcs and humans have had their time in the sun for many years, they can step aside for a damn change.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by Leodok View Post
    As soon as the allied races were announced, people have been saying they'd all be forgotten and rarely even show up aside from one or two random NPCs from time to time. I assume they're trying to avoid that.

LOL
    And why would that be ridiculous? There has never been any official number regarding Magister Umbric's group, and it was only described as a "crack squad" (which doesn't mean "small squad") by Blizzard exactly one year ago, and never mentioned again (clearly it's not a reliable and clear source). So Yes, Magister Umbric could have very well convined half of Silvermoon to join him, In case you hadn't noticed, there aren't a lot of people left in that city after Arthas killed 90% of the Quel'dorei.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vashe9 View Post
    Lets discuss about how the horde is composed by 50% of female BE (I'm one of them!) ?

So, do you think blizzard should put a limit for each race ? XD...
    horde like to wiggle
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

And why would that be ridiculous? There has never been any official number regarding Magister Umbric's group, and it was only described as a "crack squad" (which doesn't mean "small squad") by Blizzard exactly one year ago, and never mentioned again (clearly it's not a reliable and clear source). So Yes, Magister Umbric could have very well convined half of Silvermoon to join him, In case you hadn't noticed, there aren't a lot of people left in that city after Arthas killed 90% of the Quel'dorei.
    Your wishful thinking is seriously hilarious.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    Where are the other races? I swear there are more Void Elves and Dark Irons than actual NEs, Gnomes, Dwarves and etc...

Especially Void Elves. How many frigging followers did Umbric have?
    100? 1000? 10'000? Its ridiculous.
    It makes sense. I mean, the Void Elves are basically all about protecting life with the power of the void, this was Umbrics motivation. The Horde declared war on life, so those Blood Elves wo wish to fight in the service of life would probably join the Void Elves

5+ Year Old Account
    Whereas Void Elves could very well make up half of Silvermoon's population, since there has never been a clear statement regarding their numbers (Ion's vague claim from last year is not valid).
    Keep dreaming, cringestorm. Their numbers are low, but they could reproduce by binary fission now so who knows, with enough energy and a good growth media you could have an infestation of void elves
    Fuck you, Give me Money- Bli$$ard

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean the Dark Iron are many. The Void Elves were supposed to be few in numbers but it is not unlikely that some high elves have converted. Lightforged . . . yeah those are few.

On Horde side, Highmountain and Nightborne had decent populations in Legion; most of the Rivermane evacuated and several Bloodtotem defected and joined the others in Thunder Totem. The Mag'har however should be very few.

But yeah, it does look weird. Humans, Green Orcs, Forsaken, Dwarves should all be far more populous than the allied races.
    To put this in perspective, the highmountain tauren and nightborne occupied a single zone in the legion continent. Even if they were a large force for the island these races shouldnt have more soldiers than any single horde race. The pandaren should for the horde alone should outnumber the nightborne and highmountain combined just based on the land they occupied.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfool319 View Post
    To put this in perspective, the highmountain tauren and nightborne occupied a single zone in the legion continent. Even if they were a large force for the island these races shouldnt have more soldiers than any single horde race. The pandaren should for the horde alone should outnumber the nightborne and highmountain combined just based on the land they occupied.
    The playable Pandaren are not from Pandaria, they are from the Wandering Isle which is a giant turtle. It's unlikely to be as big as Highmountain. It's probably bigger than the city of Suramar, but Suramar has a much denser population. The Pandarens on the Wandering Isle live in a few small villages. It's also not all of the Wandering Isle Pandarens that join the Horde. Some join the Alliance and some stay behind on the turtle.

And even if you wanted to add the Pandaria Pandarens to the mix, they only really occupied the Jade Forest and the Valley of the Four Winds. The villages in Kun-Lai are under attack and have mostly been destroyed, the survivors go to the Vale of Eternal Blossoms and split between the Horde and the Alliance once again. The Dread Wastes and Townlong Steppes are overrun by the Mantid, the Pandaren there are an opposing force trying to gain ground. Krasarang Wilds isn't really an habitated zone other than a few fishing villages and a temple.

It's a bit like comparing the population of Canada to the population of France. You can fit France 16 times into Canada, but it has twice as many people living in it because the population is far more concentrated.

Numbers never were Blizz strong point.
    I'd say this is actually the most coherent thing with the most continuity from the RTS games: "How do you create troops?" "Just build a Orc hut / Elven treehouse / Human garrison and just keep on clicking it and poof, troops!" No matter how few there should be, the numbers can be limitless once you get them a base. :P

Oh, and unlike the other races you mentioned, Void Elves are growing in numbers at an amazing rate, with many Quel'dorei and Sin'dorei studying the Void in the safety provided by the ominous Telogrus Rift.
    Given that 50+% of the horde population is BElves, there are many many many more elves on Azeroth than any other race. It would stand to reason that even a few percent of Belves converting to Velves would bolster the Alliances ranks by the millions or even billions.