Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's honestly a bit depressing that you can now just straight up solo dungeons when back in the day it was close to impossible to solo a dungeon of appropriate level to yourself unless you gimmicked the shit out of it by doing a Dodge stacking twink or something similar.

I used to do 10 -> 20 in RFC, starting by killing the first dogs, resetting, and gradually clearing the instance. It was pretty fun.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Deleted
    What if I told you.. there were 5 people parties clearing 10 man raids in vanilla? UBRS I think is the name of it... 20 man MC runs also existed... lets wait and see you complain about that

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    It's honestly a bit depressing that you can now just straight up solo dungeons when back in the day it was close to impossible to solo a dungeon of appropriate level to yourself unless you gimmicked the shit out of it by doing a Dodge stacking twink or something similar.
    Soloing dungeons still require good effort after level remake and scaling stuff. Nothing a simple clicker could do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    ~Thats no fun.

I need Classic WoW right now to experience old Deadmines.
    There's a forum for that.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Yes low-level content is a completely broken, sad joke and has been now for many years, Blizzard has shown that this is intentional. It's all about speed, because you can't risk players realizing just how little their character or gameplay actually changes each level. Even the 7.3 changes did little in the long run, mostly since mobs became more damage-spongy without a proper damage boost to go with it.
    I read the thread title and didn't even raise an eyebrow. I'd almost be more surprised if someone claimed a level 15 (tank) with a heal couldn't solo it.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2018-10-28 at 10:57 AM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sathus View Post
    Soloing dungeons still require good effort after level remake and scaling stuff. Nothing a simple clicker could do.
    Of course, but there's a difference between it just being hard and it being outright impossible.
    I don't think in an MMORPG that any spec should be able to solo a dungeon and just never care about a party or the social aspect, but I recognize that it's what the game has become and the social aspect is basically nonexistant outside of Normal+ raiding.

Again, it saddens me, but it's not something I can actively do anything about at all.

Quote Originally Posted by torish View Post
    Op thinks classic was designed you cant solo anything.

Sure you can. As a frost mage you could solo farm crocodiles in Zul Gurub. As Frost Nova never broke.

As a pvp twink you could solo every dungeon on your level.
    He didn't play. In another thread he's said he never played classic and he was going by his friend's experience from a private server.

So yeah... kinda puts the OP in perspective, doesn't it?
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Deleted
    All these casuals who want dungeons to be so easy that they're able to be soloed. LMAO.

Yeah sure lets all care about old content. Who need new games anyway right?

I'd say it should be impossible to solo extremely high keys, like DHs soloing +15 or even higher ones...that's kind of a much bigger problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Classic Fanboy View Post
    All these casuals who want dungeons to be so easy that they're able to be soloed. LMAO.
    These "casuals" are the only way for your classic to survive the initial weeks.

Yeah but Deadmines is really meant for new players. I don't think its especially weird that an experienced player could do content meant for 5 complete "newbs."

How many hours of play would a new player have by level 15? Not very much.
    "I pulled up to moonglade about 7 or 8
    and yelled to the trainer "yo resto cya."
    Looked at my talent tree, i was finally there.
    To go to Karazhan and tank in dire bear."
    -Yarma

Deleted
    How is that news? During Mop, Wod and Legion a lot of people would go to Dead Mines with Level 10 (min level to enter) and level their characters by soloing dungeons. It was possible to solo most Dungeons up to Wrath (probably even further, I never tried). Some Bosses where annyoing like Keleseth, because of the Ice Block.

Especially BrM, Guardian Druid and Disc Priest destroyed everything.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Let me put a proper spin on this:

A level 15 SHOULD be able to solo Deadmines, but a group of level 15s should do it faster, and get more/better loot from it.
    ... No. He should be destroyed and have no chance of completing it alone at all.

A level 15 SHOULD be able to solo Deadmines, but a group of level 15s should do it faster, and get more/better loot from it.
    No.. no, just no.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    ~Thats no fun.

I need Classic WoW right now to experience old Deadmines.
    Tank with selfhealing solos stuff.

More news later tonight.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Ew, go play singleplayer games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    ... No. He should be destroyed and have no chance of completing it alone at all.
    People always were able to solo if you twink them out properly. Vanilla had all sorts of fun mechanic breaks back in the day that were fun to find out.

Back in mists i leveled all the tank classes by soloing dungeons up to 80. From 82(?) i believe you could just grind brewery for that one room with thousand rabbits up to max level. You used to get 5x exp alone and the elites themselves were worth 2.5x normal mobs. With vengeance working like it did back then you had damage and self healing scale faster than the damage you took so you easily pulled packs of 5-10 enemies in dungeons and just leveled super fast.

That was honestly the most fun way to level to this day, now the exp is nerfed as is the self healing of most tanks. This started in cata, got worse in wod and in legion at some point they took away the pure 5x exp gain. You can still solo but it's not really a great way to level. The amounts of exp gained are kept in line across the board to have the char boosts make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    a level 80 mage was solo'in naxx 25 in wotlk.

but you go ahead play classic, then you can come here tell everyone how good it feels to clear "hard" deadmines again and you know what everyone will say?

yup been there done that 10 fucking years ago should i be impressed?
    This was due to spellstealing a virtually infinite absorb buff from the trash before Instructor Razuvious. Arcane mages had a talent that gave them spell power based on amount of damage absorbed, and with an infinite absorb, they put out absurd damage.