Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Why don't you "shush XDDDDDD". Since you enjoy the game so much go play it and let people that don't post on the forums.
    If they don't enjoy it they should just quit since it's so bad? Makes sense.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    Wow.. if you don't like the direction of the game you have played for years and spent hundreds if not thousands of dollars on you should just quit the game. No.. don't give criticism so they can change it back. Just quit. Thanks for the advice. Now leave us alone.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2018-10-28 at 10:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    Try telling people criticism that have been super successful at something that everyone else that has tried at has failed or seen a fraction of the success at and you'll understand why nothing penetrates their bubble.
    You know, I never considered this angle but now that you mention it... blizzard does act as if they are infallible and untouchable. They lack the humility of failure.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Wow.. if you don't like the direction of the game you have played for years and spent hundreds if not thousands of dollars on you should just quit the game. No.. don't give criticism so they can change it back. Just quit. Thanks for the advice. Now leave us alone.
    The problem is most of the people complaining on forums are doing just that though? Complaining. Yes, very few of the bunch give proposed changes and feedback, the bulk do not. =)
    Retired boomer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Odrareg View Post
    Stopped reading at the title... Insulting the folks that you want to do something for you is never a good idea...

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

It seems to me the problem was leadership.

Blizzard changed presidents and already they're working on improving the game and getting player feedback. They're listening to a lot of feedback for 8.1 stuff.

Will it be enough? Probably not, BfA launched with a lot of problems that can't just be bandaid fixed, but it's nice to see the new president actually having the WoW team put effort into their work again.

Quote Originally Posted by tacoloco View Post
    Maybe. But then again, people who continue to play Blizzard to play a game they clearly thing is bad must be fools or suckers.

- - - Updated - - -

People will leave it alone when people stop posting thread after thread rehashing the same complaints. In other words, never.
    Maybe they are "rehashing the same complaints" because it is a common thing people don't like? But no. I'm sure just dismissing large groups of people's complaints will work out.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they are "rehashing the same complaints" because it is a common thing people don't like? But no. I'm sure just dismissing large groups of people's complaints will work out.
    The problem is that most people don't bring anything new to the table. At least, in this case, OP took the time to offer something of substance
    Last edited by tacoloco; 2018-10-28 at 11:43 PM.
    I'm a crazy taco.

Ah, great, so I as a player should not care if the game is not going the way I enjoy? Developers know better, is that what you are saying? Or that players are stupid and dont know what they want so just trust Blizzard?

The problem is most of the people complaining on forums are doing just that though? Complaining. Yes, very few of the bunch give proposed changes and feedback, the bulk do not. =)
    OP proposed relatively specific changes. What you did except shitting on him with your first post?

Quote Originally Posted by tacoloco View Post
    Rehash: a reuse of old ideas or material without significant change or improvement.

Be sure to let the class know when someone has a new and interesting with their complaints.
    If everyone has the same complaints then maybe that means something significant? Honestly, that probably means more than many people each with their own random complaint.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2018-10-28 at 11:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Ah, great, so I as a player should not care if the game is not going the way I enjoy? Developers know better, is that what you are saying? Or that players are stupid and dont know what they want so just trust Blizzard?

OP proposed relatively specific changes. What you did except shitting on him with your first post?
    What you did except same to me ))
    Retired boomer.

I don't think Blizzard are lazy, but I do agree they lack the vision they used to have in the past. Then again, it's a pretty high expectation for us to expect Blizzard to be on the top of their game for 14 years. MMOs have decreased in popularity dramatically after all.

What you did except same to me ))
    Way to avoid the question, but fine. This whole thread shows that you are not really into discussion, we are just whiners or something xD

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Way to avoid the question, but fine. This whole thread shows that you are not really into discussion, we are just whiners or something xD
    Yes. Most are on forums to do nothing but complain and bash. Not offer anything but toxicity. If only they'd quit and leave the community the remainder could enjoy and further along the game
    Retired boomer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Turaska View Post
    Let me put this bluntly and obviously people are going to point and go "Haha, where's your tinfoil hat!?"

Blizzard (Activision) are moving towards microtransaction models with the Blizzard side of the company, over the last 10 years? or so, they've made close to $80billion from microtransactions and dlc Activision was already pushing that and given the massive revenue they now need to keep greedy shareholders (their real customers) happy, they'll continue to do so, Blizzard aren't lacking vision, Blizzard are just being forced into a corner where they need to make their games much more grindy to the point where people will turn to buying WoWTokens, Levelboosts etc to meet the greedy quotas.

That's why the leveling experience was slowed down to a grind (despite the utterly bollocks story they spun us about "Players wanting leveling to be good again")

That's why professions/mounts etc now cost a fortune (aimed at the casual player that doesn't play the auction house)

You get the idea, it's all by design, there's more focus on that part of their games now than the actual gameplay. It's all about turning players into payers.... video below to explain more about Activisions insidious deeds.

Catering to whales and dolphins. Hence my signature links.

- - - Updated - - -

So I quit. What is your point again?

why not both?.jpeg

Deleted
    Sastank must be 14y old or something because the quality of his response are basically a mixtape of "OMEGALUL QUIT IF DONT LIKE ECSDEE SHUSHS YOU ARE TOXIC EHUEHUE" and it would be ok if we were on Ninja stream.
    Maybe it requires 200 IQ to grasp that different players dislikes different things, I dislike a lot of things in wow but I'm still playing because they are outnumbered by the things I like, other people like Tsharna instead are on the opposite side of this spectrum and they quit because there were too many things they didn't like to cope with.

People can still play WoW and give feedback about things they dislike or things they would suggest to add, OP seems to fall in the 2nd category rather than a random "DURR BFA SUCKS!" that adds literally nothing to the discussion.

***Also*** we are still too early in the expansion and Blizzcon is next week, yeah i know that "too early in alpha/beta/live" is a sort of meme but we pretty much got that BfA was released too early and hadn't a correct "test cycle", so a lot of things we are gonna see in 8.1 [Vendors/Currency/New Traits] could have been added during beta phase, if beta phase lasted like legion's one.
    Last edited by mmoc98623435d5; 2018-10-29 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsharna View Post
    Catering to whales and dolphins. Hence my signature links.

- - - Updated - - -

So I quit. What is your point again?
    None. Same point of everyone coming to forums to literally complain and say how bad the game is they still choose to play without offering anything? What's yours?
    Retired boomer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Odrareg View Post
    So all in all I think BFA is a very nice expansion, I'm fond of the theme.
    Everyone is aware of the problems the game has right now, but I'd like to point out a few things:

1) Why on earth do they not implement mounts/tabards from Mythic+? Imagine all 10 dungeons done with +10 in time = Tabard; all done in time as +12 = Mount (one per patch). It would be a huge success and give people a reason to push.

1.1) Raider.io score should just be brought in game, Mythic+ rating or something that allows you to buy something.

2) Island Expeditions. They need Mythic+ affixes too, with a leaderboard and with tangible rewards / titles / transmogs.

3) Solo player content. Artifact Challenges kept everyone playing the game more than usual for 1+ year (many people wanted the skins on all specs on multiple alts, so that meant you had something to do).

4) Why does G'huun not drop a mount on Mythic?

5) Warfronts. Nice to do the first time but then absolutely pointless. Why do we not have a Normal/Heroic/Mythic difficulty? That'd give some more content for guilds / PvE groups. Seasonal mount (one for each faction) for completing it on Heroic. It would be nice if Arathi Highlands warfronts had a specific nice reward that you get from a higher difficulty, and it'd be gone when the Darkshore warfront opens.

6) PvP vendors

7) Give people a reason to visit the old world sometimes. This was the perfect chance to do so looking at the expansion theme. The world is literally HUGE and apparently Horde/Alliance are battling each other just in Zandalar/Kul'Tiras? I am aware that faction invasions will be added similarly to Legion invasions, but that's still a flawed concept. Legion invasions made no sense, they were like Hollywood movies with aliens always attacking America. We could have them in any Azeroth zone.

8) Some higher immersion features. I really really liked the cataclysm's earthquakes or Deathwing burning a whole zone. The same goes for staying away from Fel Reavers in Hellfire peninsula, they gave a sense of danger. Is it that unrealistic to have some random big ass enemy faction NPC spawn once in a while? Imagine if sometimes an undead assassin rogue (NPC) would attack people in Tiragarde sound for example, much alike the Fel reaver concept.

9) I think the faction war needs to have an impact on the game, according to how PLAYERS behave. I am aware of this being a bit flawed as Horde/Ally balance is completely out of control, but what if there was a weekly region-wide ratio of 'something' that would give an advantage to your faction? Imagine being able to steal currencies, attack caravans (caravan going from The Barrens to Orgrimmar with few NPC guarding it - a 3/4 players party could attack those, loot them, bring the resources back to your city and contribute to the weekly ratio - this could be doable with Warmode on and without, of course). The winning faction gets a +2% reputation gain for a week, or even +5% damage done in LFG...I have no clue, but maybe something like the Mage Tower weekly buffs in Legion?

I seriously hope they implement some of these things by the end of the expansion, as they are quite 'obvious' to me. Not hoping for everything but hey.

I made this thread to point out some few healthy suggestions that would make the game a lot more enjoyable, for me at least. Not going to delve into the RNG azerite traits topic, class design, reputation farming, titanforging, etc. That's gonna need another expansion with a different approach and philosophy.
    1) Seems fine since you don't get Azerite from M+ runs at least you have some "extra" reasons for pushing keys.

2) There is a vendor in 8.1 so that aspect is covered, meanwhile Expedition need a rework in the "core" because body pulling, aoe and random mine everytime is a bit retard and unfun, people criticize Expedition as "Glorified Scenarios" but truth is that they are not like Scenarios, at least Scenarios had a "story" and a "progression" with step to be completed, Expedition rn are just an aoe-fiesta.

3) Tower Mage was a huge success, and ofc they didn't ship it to BfA. But having Class Quest / Solo Quest that makes you playing over X months is an interesting way to play a RPG, also this concept of "solo playing" in RPG is probably the main drive for some people that dislike BFA to jump on Classic.

4) Xavius didn't.

5) Warfronts concept is really good but the final product is a smoking shit, you do it at MAX 10 times [Main Char + Alts] and then you forget it. At least give us HC/Myth difficulty or PVP mode with ldrbrds and rewards.

6) Why not.

7) Too much work needed

8-9) There is something already with Incursion.