Thread: New Allied Race

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    It's time for Blizzard to get into a more customized race-selection - the players have wanted it for years, since competitors have shown whats possible.

I know lore and reason is a big deal for Blizzard, but deep down I feel it's a matter of engine restrictions/transmogs/additional work rather than for the sake of a story.

Every expac gives us new races from a foreign place, so I don't see why we can't get invaded by friendly gooey blobs called Ditto, from outer space.

Or is there some kind of rule that only races from the Warcraft series of games can be represented? (In that case, give me a Kel'Thuzad model!)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joolo View Post
    Lol why the hell you people want every race to be playable who give me quests? What story you will play when you will play every stupid race hozen and jinyu??? Then i want critters pls
    Exactly. I'm not against the idea of new races, but don't suggest stupid ones like Murlocs and Kobolds. Also, just because a certain race helps one faction, doesn't mean they will be a playable race or that they should be one. Imagine killing the Lich King as a monkey. What a joke.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Antidrama View Post
    Different people like different things. Gasp, what a shock.
    Yeah, doesn't make it any less ridiculous.

Different people like different things. Gasp, what a shock.
    Yet you seemed incapable of understanding why people would be against new allied races like Vulpera and just wrote it of as complaints.
    Im starting to be okayish with Vulpera, but I definiately agree with the circus statement others have brought up. Hozen, Lightforged whatever is a big no-no.

Quote Originally Posted by Knslyr View Post
    Yet you seemed incapable of understanding why people would be against new allied races like Vulpera and just wrote it of as complaints.
    Im starting to be okayish with Vulpera, but I definiately agree with the circus statement others have brought up. Hozen, Lightforged whatever is a big no-no.
    Literally nobody in this topic needs your stamp of approval on their suggestions. You are not the gatekeeper for WoW races. Therefore what you are 'okayish' with is irrelevant.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dottywotty View Post
    Yeah, doesn't make it any less ridiculous.
    Not as ridiculous as the amount of whining you're doing about it. If you can't handle the topic, there are plenty more awaiting your 'contributions'.

No ook ook monkeys, no unicorns with tiny dicks waving like a tail, no movie Twillight vampire Elves - it's time for Ogres or half ogres.
    After all these years something ogre + playable needs to happen, SMASH sylvanas and eat some bacon in the nearest hut.

I hope that Saurfang goes to outland and brings one of them, it's not like only rexxar must be the leader of ogres or mok'nathal.
    And on alliance side we would get Broken(that way we would get 2 tbc races) or Saberons, they both look really cool, especially Broken Krokul, like in this fan concept https://twitter.com/Hipnos14/status/1040754082577874949

as for thread, Hozen overall would be a full new race, their skeleton is really weird and i don't think blizzard will go extra mile to adjust everything to that model. I would prefer monkeys much more than vulpera little foxes(ugh) but yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Almost every single race is being suggested to be an allied race. Why do so many people want the horde and alliance to be a bloody circus full of freaks?
    And it isn't like that now? I personally would want Arakkoa...will it happen probably not...still can hope and ask for them...like Hozen will likely never be playable either.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    And it isn't like that now? I personally would want Arakkoa...will it happen probably not...still can hope and ask for them...like Hozen will likely never be playable either.
    I've wanted playable Arakkoa since BC, I'm right there with you.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateMystery View Post
    People pushing Blizzard for more and more Allied races should be careful what they wish for. There IS a thing as too much choice or having lots of meaningless choices.
    Ion has already stated that there is a soft cap on the number of Allied Races that could come into the game during BfA. My bet is that that cap is 12 - four allied races from Legion, 2 new allied races in 8.0 and then 2 more in each subsequent patch for a total of 12.

Literally nobody in this topic needs your stamp of approval on their suggestions. You are not the gatekeeper for WoW races. Therefore what you are 'okayish' with is irrelevant.
    And you think your opinion is more relevant, princess?

You are the one that can't handle other people having different opinions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wanax View Post
    So, I see a lot of posts about the next new allied race should be X. I understand Blizzard wants to use races that share skeletons with existing races. Thats cool, they have some to add that have joined throughout expansions or could join like the Taunka, Earthen, etc. My question is when are they going to make races like Jinyu and Hozen playable? It seems like they already have combat animations and customization options. Not sure about yall but Id love a Hozen monk.
    This is new race what you talkin about. Allied races are more like subraces. This same species but with slightly visual difference like color of skin other posture/ears/horns etc. More strange races will turn WoW into World of Zoocraft :P

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    This is new race what you talkin about. Allied races are more like subraces. This same species but with slightly visual difference like color of skin other posture/ears/horns etc. More strange races will turn WoW into World of Zoocraft :P
    After 8.2 if you main horde, your game probably will turn into Zoocraft with all foxes running around.

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    People keep saying stuff like this but KT humans are completely new... new models, all-new animations, literally nothing shared with a previous race. And while it could be argued that they're an exception (being the only allied race made from scratch), it proves that 'recycled' animations, rig etc is not a hard rule of allied races.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post
    After 8.2 if you main horde, your game probably will turn into Zoocraft with all foxes running around.
    The horde has always been an assembly of 'freaks' and outcasts. It was kind of the point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lightforged View Post
    Ion has already stated that there is a soft cap on the number of Allied Races that could come into the game during BfA. My bet is that that cap is 12 - four allied races from Legion, 2 new allied races in 8.0 and then 2 more in each subsequent patch for a total of 12.
    12 sounds about right. In the allied race menu of the character creation there's space for about that many.

People keep saying stuff like this but KT humans are completely new... new models, all-new animations, literally nothing shared with a previous race. And while it could be argued that they're an exception (being the only allied race made from scratch), it proves that 'recycled' animations, rig etc is not a hard rule of allied races.

- - - Updated - - -

The horde has always been an assembly of 'freaks' and outcasts. It was kind of the point.

- - - Updated - - -

12 sounds about right. In the allied race menu of the character creation there's space for about that many.
    Kul'tirans look like the new model, really unique and stands out. In my opinion it's the only new race model that look actually different, even tho they're humans, but no they use mostly pandaren skeleton and on top of that they use Vrykul textures, im talking about the vrykuls that got updated in Legion with of course many tweaks to fit kul'tiran model.
    Last edited by ImTheMizAwesome; 2018-10-29 at 01:36 PM.

WTB Allied Race "idea" megathread.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Deleted
    I've wanted playable Arakkoa since BC, I'm right there with you.
    but you want those weird creepy ones he means those beautiful ones in dungeon

You know the best way to gauge if your opinion is wrong? When your opinion is advocating for keeping others from having something the game designers might be interested in implementing anyway. Your argument is dead in the water because "Horde looks like a circus" is subjective and not at all persuasive, whereas, in an MMO, game additions add marketing value to an expansion/patch cycle and more choices for loyal and/or returning players.

That's why the opinion of "GRR, NO, I DON'T WANT IT!" never holds water in these types of discussions. You're always going to be told "there's the door" since you can easily ignore what you don't like. You don't have to listen, pounding your fists and making sure people KNOW you think the game is turning into a circus, but it's ultimately a waste of time as it won't keep them from being implemented and the people discussing the topic at hand aren't interested in reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    You know the best way to gauge if your opinion is wrong? When your opinion is advocating for keeping others from having something the game designers might be interested in implementing anyway. Your argument is dead in the water because "Horde looks like a circus" is subjective and not at all persuasive, whereas, in an MMO, game additions add marketing value to an expansion/patch cycle and more choices for loyal and/or returning players.

That's why the opinion of "GRR, NO, I DON'T WANT IT!" never holds water in these types of discussions. You're always going to be told "there's the door" since you can easily ignore what you don't like. You don't have to listen, pounding your fists and making sure people KNOW you think the game is turning into a circus, but it's ultimately a waste of time as it won't keep them from being implemented and the people discussing the topic at hand aren't interested in reading it.
    No, that certainly doesn't mean the opinion is wrong. More is not always better.
    And people who are against turning their faction into something new they don't like are allowed to raise their voice on various forums just like anyone else. Then Blizzard can gauge the numbers and see if its worth implementing or not.

Blizzard will read the negative feedback as well in the threads about allied races regardless of if you are interested in hearing their opinion. And my post here have raised discussion as well, from you.

5+ Year Old Account
    Almost every single race is being suggested to be an allied race. Why do so many people want the horde and alliance to be a bloody circus full of freaks?
    I mean, we already have talking cows and zombies, meme short, stocky folks with a Scottish accent, spacegoats, etc... And no one is complaining.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Joolo View Post
    but you want those weird creepy ones he means those beautiful ones in dungeon
    I'd be happy with those too.

- - - Updated - - -

You didn't offer an opinion, you offered whining.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    I mean, we already have talking cows and zombies, meme short, stocky folks with a Scottish accent, spacegoats, etc... And no one is complaining.
    Exactly this.

You didn't offer an opinion, you offered whining.
    I did offer my opinion of Vulpera, and my opinion of Hozen and the Lightforged nonsense, and it seemed like you couldn't handle that based on how you replied.
    But I did also point out your double standard when it comes to liking different things.