Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vonster View Post
    *skip*
    Quote Originally Posted by Araitik View Post
    *skip*
    Nice kills! I'm pretty surprised that Maiden/Avatar went down so easily while KJ survivability was an issue, though. Back when I was ~340 I was hitting normal Maiden/Avatar/KJ enrages while survivability was never an issue with 3x Cauterizing Blink. Maybe you didn't try as Frost on KJ?

PS: if you did it would be very worrying - how hard does he hit, exactly? If you can't survive at ~370 with 3 CB pieces as Frost I don't see how it'll be doable before 8.1.

When I finally get the right Azerite pieces I'd go try Mythic NH/Normal Antorus, but for now I still need to farm the emissary chest RNG.
    (really hope we can get Argus down before 8.1, though. Hunters have been trashing through Antorus for ages already[well, one hunter.])
    Last edited by isaac2314; 2018-10-20 at 09:47 AM.
    See here for my own Mage solo (and sometimes other classes too.)
    And also see this document for my efforts at listing solo kills of every class. Please do not hesitate to message me if there is some kill I have failed to record.

Quote Originally Posted by isaac2314 View Post
    Nice kills! I'm pretty surprised that Maiden/Avatar went down so easily while KJ survivability was an issue, though. Back when I was ~340 I was hitting normal Maiden/Avatar/KJ enrages while survivability was never an issue with 3x Cauterizing Blink. Maybe you didn't try as Frost on KJ?

PS: if you did it would be very worrying - how hard does he hit, exactly? If you can't survive at ~370 with 3 CB pieces as Frost I don't see how it'll be doable before 8.1.

When I finally get the right Azerite pieces I'd go try Mythic NH/Normal Antorus, but for now I still need to farm the emissary chest RNG.
    (really hope we can get Argus down before 8.1, though. Hunters have been trashing through Antorus for ages already[well, one hunter.])
    I actually tested as Frost exclusively
    He hits for ~13k at 0 stacks, which is already pretty high. The 4 stacks of Armageddon blast hit for 11k, but the biggest problem is that he has 5M health and is basically unkitable, which means even with double IB and Mirror Images you're gonna run out of options to destack pretty fast.

I haven't done many attempts yet, but it doesn't bode well

Mythic NH is still a pain, even with 375 ilvl, 5% leech, Mythic Skorp gets to about 50% as he enrages, at least that was my personal best attempt on it. First problem was actually getting hit like a truck with all the adds but with Siphon life enchant on your wep and Vampiric Seed from Azeritre traits the adds dont really become a problem, more so the dps check before he enrages.

P.S: Attempts done as fire.

Mythic NH is still a pain, even with 375 ilvl, 5% leech, Mythic Skorp gets to about 50% as he enrages, at least that was my personal best attempt on it. First problem was actually getting hit like a truck with all the adds but with Siphon life enchant on your wep and Vampiric Seed from Azeritre traits the adds dont really become a problem, more so the dps check before he enrages.

P.S: Attempts done as fire.
    That fits with my own experience; I tried both doing or not doing adds (Fire without adds, and Frost with adds), and I felt killing adds as Frost gives you slightly better DPS. However, the enrage timer is definitely a problem - the best I got was 24%. I suspect the problem is our burst damage just isn't as good as it was in Legion? Definitely Skorpyron's enrage timer is harder than it should have been.
    Also, doing adds can be very frustrating since if adds have to die just at the right time so you get enough heals.

I actually tested as Frost exclusively
    He hits for ~13k at 0 stacks, which is already pretty high. The 4 stacks of Armageddon blast hit for 11k, but the biggest problem is that he has 5M health and is basically unkitable, which means even with double IB and Mirror Images you're gonna run out of options to destack pretty fast.

I haven't done many attempts yet, but it doesn't bode well
    Now that I checked my own logs, he actually hits for 11k average on normal, although Armageddon hitting harder and being 4 stacks rather than 3 is definitely a problem. Should be doable at the least in 8.1 when we can target CB azerite pieces? Assuming CB doesn't get nerfed and specific pieces don't take forever.
    Last edited by isaac2314; 2018-10-21 at 07:57 PM.
    And also see this document for my efforts at listing solo kills of every class. Please do not hesitate to message me if there is some kill I have failed to record.

Heres the Heroic Guarm kill, needed to use a friends lockout since i had downed it but forgot to record it.

And also Heroic Helya, pretty chaotic but all in all, easy stuff.

Onto Mythic ToV :P

Heres the Heroic Guarm kill, needed to use a friends lockout since i had downed it but forgot to record it.

And also Heroic Helya, pretty chaotic but all in all, easy stuff.

Onto Mythic ToV :P
    Very nice !

I got some videos of my own too :

Demonic Inquisition Heroic

Maiden of Vigilance Heroic

very nice my dude

Kind of a surprise kill.

Skorpyron Mythic

gz on the skorpyron kill, after some attempts I replicated that as arcane.
    not sure if you knew about the https://www.wowhead.com/item=152634/...renewed-combat - it works here - and probably elsewhere very well and eases the healing worries.
    Last edited by Deiae; 2018-10-24 at 08:40 AM.

Kind of a surprise kill.

Skorpyron Mythic

UGHHH, damn, I was going to try again soon too! Still, grats on the kill! To be fair, though, I think the reason I couldn't do the fight wasn't completely because of gear (well, I WAS using 330 Azerite and had ~358 ilvl), but rather the lack of good Frost Orb usage/good understanding of the fight in general. Out of curiosity, is there any reason you chose to use Frost Orbs when you did (which seems to be right before each wave) rather than using them on CD? I sometimes could throw 2 Frost Orbs each wave, so it seems something of a waste to not to? Then again I didn't manage to kill it so I'm not so sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Deiae View Post
    not sure if you knew about the https://www.wowhead.com/item=152634/...renewed-combat - it works here - and probably elsewhere very well and eases the healing worries.
    Ah, that is something we should have all thought of (also grats on the kill! How exactly did you do the fight, though?)
    To be fair, you really don't need too much heal-on-kill amount; in my experience the vast majority of those heals just over-heal, unless you manage to precisely kill off 1 add every now and then (which is rather difficult to do on top of everything else.) Having 1 Azerite piece with Vampiric Speed is generally enough.
    .....but yeah, given how silly the Azerite system is the trinket is good to keep in mind.

PS: How come no Chronomatic Anomaly or even Trillax kill, Araitik? Surely CA at least is trivial?
    PPS: I just noticed, but did you really spend the latter half of the fight with broken boots? The kill's even more impressive than I thought.
    Last edited by isaac2314; 2018-10-24 at 12:34 PM.

How exactly did you do the fight, though?
    I just happened to have two vampiric speed traits on my gear, used incanter's flow as I kept running around, I used charged up and arcane orb to save some mana. I switched out the rings for versatility heavy ones and the other trinket for a lion's grace trinket (procs versatility) to decrease damage taken somewhat.
    I did not choose to tank him near the spawnpoint - it is too much melee damage intake at once in my experience and it being spread out more helped me out more. I used nether tempest as I felt it would help him to destack more quickly and I would get a 3rd vulnerability-burn phase in those 8 min (took 7:24).
    Survivability wasn't the prime concern using the trinket I mentioned and the azerite traits I had, getting more damage on the boss prior to the enrage was. So you just keep some adds up and cleave them somewhat passively and don't spam AE as often.
    I am lightforged and that racial is ofcourse also helpful to kill off adds.
    Having "too much" healing traits helps in so far as that you can more easily and quickly heal up and recover from damage spikes and just gives you more leeway imho.
    Damage breakdown (23k dps, 24% AE, 22% AB, 17% Orb, 11% Racial, 11% Barrage, 9% Tempest, 5% AM, 1% Thunderous Blast).
    Healing breakdown (6k hps, 40% Vampiric Speed, 24% Endless Tincture, 17% Leech, 12% Impassive Visage, 7% Prismatic Barrier, 1% Healing Pot).

Addendum: CA died as well (mostly sitting out the overwhelming casts via mana shield until ~20-25 stacks and then reseting. rinse and repeat.)
    2nd Addendum: got Trilliax to berserk but he isn't in killrange at all.
    Last edited by Deiae; 2018-10-25 at 03:28 AM.

Gratz ! and gratz too for CA kill !

UGHHH, damn, I was going to try again soon too! Still, grats on the kill! To be fair, though, I think the reason I couldn't do the fight wasn't completely because of gear (well, I WAS using 330 Azerite and had ~358 ilvl), but rather the lack of good Frost Orb usage/good understanding of the fight in general. Out of curiosity, is there any reason you chose to use Frost Orbs when you did (which seems to be right before each wave) rather than using them on CD? I sometimes could throw 2 Frost Orbs each wave, so it seems something of a waste to not to? Then again I didn't manage to kill it so I'm not so sure.
    Because if I get a wave without frost Orb or boosted blizzard, it's instant death. Better keep the orb for the next wave !

PS: How come no Chronomatic Anomaly or even Trillax kill, Araitik? Surely CA at least is trivial?
    PPS: I just noticed, but did you really spend the latter half of the fight with broken boots? The kill's even more impressive than I thought.
    Yeah It was really late when I finished and I was kinda sick so no attempt ^^
    Also yeah my boots broke near the end of the fight, it's kinda crazy though I start the fight at 43% durability and end at 25% ...

- - - Updated - - -

Btw

Fallen Avatar Heroic

- - - Updated - - -

Ok so I tried Mythic Odyn to see what we can do.

Surprisingly, P1 is passable. There is a bug where Valarjar's Bond, the 99% damage reduction debuff applied when Hyrja and Hymdall (and in P2, Odyn himself) are closer than 35 yards of each other, does not reapply if you spread and stack them quickly.

Basically, just kite around waiting for the moment they get closer faster than the debuff reapplies. It's not consistent, but usually only takes 4-5 minutes. Problem : there is apparently a Berserk timer for Odyn (at least, Wowhead says so), but neither DBM nor any guide mentions it, probably because it was impossible to reach at level 110)

But after you pass P1, trouble begins. Odyn doesn't hit too hard, and his stacking debuff can be removed with Ice Block, however Hyrja and Hymdall still cause trouble. They enter the room periodically and as said before, the 99% dmg reduction also applies with Odyn. Tanking with pet seems like a good option, until I realized that if left in the arena too long (understand : until the next one comes), both Hyrja and Hymdall get the Valarjar's Might buff, which increase all their damage done by 250% and stacks. Suffice it to say that when Hyrja hits you with 50k punches it's game over at this point.

I still have a couple of ideas, but I'm not very hopeful.

- - - Updated - - -

Holy fuck ToV has some of the best bugs I have ever seen.

So this is me managing to pull Hyrja alone :

At 85%, Hyrja says fuck it like it's P2 already :

Meanwhile Hymdall takes a beating without moving an inch :

But he stays at 1% health and even though I'm invisible, the encounter does not reset :

Better yet, the door is open and I can get out of the raid, but when I try to get back in :

Thank you Blizzard

In more serious news, I have found a semi-consistent setup for the shield bug, so maaaaybe we can do something.

- - - Updated - - -

Edit : found a way to make progress, however sometimes Hyrja and Hymdall retain aggro from P1, making P2 impossible ... cmon Blizzard

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I can go to P3 pretty reliably (aka if I don't make any stupid mistake), but Stormforged Spear casts have a crazy short cooldown (10s), the debuff is impossible to get rid of, and at 4 stacks it's a 1shot. So unless we can burst 1.5m as frost in less than a minute ... it's impossible for now.

I might try again tomorrow with keeping BL for P3 (I currently use it P2) and / or with Mirror Image, but I don't expect a miracle

Well, I can go to P3 pretty reliably (aka if I don't make any stupid mistake), but Stormforged Spear casts have a crazy short cooldown (10s), the debuff is impossible to get rid of, and at 4 stacks it's a 1shot. So unless we can burst 1.5m as frost in less than a minute ... it's impossible for now.

I might try again tomorrow with keeping BL for P3 (I currently use it P2) and / or with Mirror Image, but I don't expect a miracle
    Wannoob posted a Mythic Odyn video just earlier; I'm not sure if this was how you dealt with P2 shields? But it looks very good, at least.

What are the interactions between water elemental and stormforged spears? It's been too long I forgot, but with Wannoob's strategy it should be very practical to save TW for p3 and/or use Iceblocks/Mirror Images to extend the phase. I mean, I would try myself, but my CB set is still 345/345/345, so......

PS: impressive bug pulling Hyrja alone, though. How on earth did that happen?
    PPS: just for posterity's sake, but at this point it's almost certain that the P1 "bug" is that Valajar's Bond simply does not re-apply during Unerring Blast charging phase, I think. [EDIT: Ugh, no, I'm completely wrong. Ignore that.]

PPPS: First, apparently pets can get Stormforged Spears. Second, apparently the p2 strategy we've seen from Wannoob has been know for a really long time? I really need to keep up with current strategies it seems.......
    Last edited by isaac2314; 2018-10-26 at 08:19 AM.

Wannoob posted a Mythic Odyn video just earlier; I'm not sure if this was how you dealt with P2 shields? But it looks very good, at least.
    No, I position my pet near the spawn point in passive mode and make it attack Hyrja / Hymdall. Works most of the time, except when they retain P1 aggro.

What are the interactions between water elemental and stormforged spears? It's been too long I forgot, but with Wannoob's strategy it should be very practical to save TW for p3 and/or use Iceblocks/Mirror Images to extend the phase. I mean, I would try myself, but my CB set is still 345/345/345, so......

PPPS: First, apparently pets can get Stormforged Spears. Second, apparently the p2 strategy we've seen from Wannoob has been know for a really long time? I really need to keep up with current strategies it seems.......

Interesting, I can definitely make something work with MI if elemental do get speared ...

PS: impressive bug pulling Hyrja alone, though. How on earth did that happen?
    No idea, but I got it on video. Bloopers section when I kill it !

PPS: just for posterity's sake, but at this point it's almost certain that the P1 "bug" is that Valajar's Bond simply does not re-apply during Unerring Blast charging phase, I think. [EDIT: Ugh, no, I'm completely wrong. Ignore that.]
    Nope it's purely a matter of timing, I got a fairly consistent pull to instantly drop shields (no need to kite)

- - - Updated - - -

I looooove Mirror Image !!!

Thank you isaac for the trick, it worked wonderfully and only 3 pulls were necessary

Video soon !

- - - Updated - - -

Holy fuck Guarm hurts

- - - Updated - - -

2nd Addendum: got Trilliax to berserk but he isn't in killrange at all.
    Really ?

I'll admit that this one gave me trouble. I'm honestly really surprised how you got him to berserk without killing him. Berserk was never a problem for me (I had 1 minute to go on the kill) but oh boy did survival was. I came very, very close to death a lot, even on the kill (you can see the Cauterize debuff).

- - - Updated - - -

Odyn Mythic

Grats on the kills! Also quick question: how do you make your posts go "update" with a blue line? I kept trying to do that to avoid double posting but never could figure out how.

Grats on the kills! Also quick question: how do you make your posts go "update" with a blue line? I kept trying to do that to avoid double posting but never could figure out how.
    Thank you

To answer your question, simply post a reply like you normally would (don't actually edit your post). If you are the author or the last post, the forum will merge both with the blue "updated" line instead of double posting.

- - - Updated - - -

Just like this

Hey this might be dumb to point out, but would this be useful for fights with a lot of adds? It's just a random green trinket Alchemists can craft and noticed the effect is different from the blue version, just thought I might point it out since it might be overlooked. It's like Vampiric Speed in trinket form.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Thank you

To answer your question, simply post a reply like you normally would (don't actually edit your post). If you are the author or the last post, the forum will merge both with the blue "updated" line instead of double posting.

- - - Updated - - -

Just like this
    Ahh, that is interesting, because for me sometimes that works but sometimes not (especially if the last post was more than a day old), as the records of me double-posting and triple-posting in this thread shows. It seem to only work if you post within a time range of either the last post or the latest update? I wish there's a guide on this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Hey this might be dumb to point out, but would this be useful for fights with a lot of adds? It's just a random green trinket Alchemists can craft and noticed the effect is different from the blue version, just thought I might point it out since it might be overlooked. It's like Vampiric Speed in trinket form.
    Deiae did talk about them; they're good, but I'm personally not very sure it's worth the trinket slot? Definitely worth trying if a) if you have no high-ilvl VS Azerites and b) you REALLY need to kill an add-heavy boss. In any case it's definitely a very boss-dependent item.

To be fair, it HAD been overlooked for a while. Then again, BfA's only 2~3 months old.......
    Last edited by isaac2314; 2018-10-29 at 02:16 PM.

In any case it's definitely a very boss-dependent item.
    Of course, much like Vampiric Speed is a very boss-dependent trait, but for fights like Skorpyron (in which the trait was required to even beat it for us), it can makes a huge difference if DPS isn't rushed so hard. Just wanted to remind people "hey this thing exists for fights like Skorpydude".
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

why do Legion raids seem crap for transmog and gold? saw sometimes no items at all.