Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rosso View Post
    Sastank must be 14y old or something because the quality of his response are basically a mixtape of "OMEGALUL QUIT IF DONT LIKE ECSDEE SHUSHS YOU ARE TOXIC EHUEHUE" and it would be ok if we were on Ninja stream.
    Maybe it requires 200 IQ to grasp that different players dislikes different things, I dislike a lot of things in wow but I'm still playing because they are outnumbered by the things I like, other people like Tsharna instead are on the opposite side of this spectrum and they quit because there were too many things they didn't like to cope with.

People can still play WoW and give feedback about things they dislike or things they would suggest to add, OP seems to fall in the 2nd category rather than a random "DURR BFA SUCKS!" that adds literally nothing to the discussion.

***Also*** we are still too early in the expansion and Blizzcon is next week, yeah i know that "too early in alpha/beta/live" is a sort of meme but we pretty much got that BfA was released too early and hadn't a correct "test cycle", so a lot of things we are gonna see in 8.1 [Vendors/Currency/New Traits] could have been added during beta phase, if beta phase lasted like legion's one.
    The irony is thick. Personal attacks and calling someone immature/young while using dudespeak and memes and bringing Ninja into this somehow? Lol. Eeek. But it's the internet, do what you want.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    Trolling. Same point of everyone coming to forums to literally complain and say how bad the game is they still choose to play without offering anything? What's yours?
    Unfortunately there are a lots of post of people complaining and still giving ideas, guess what people asked for "vendors and currency" and what is happening in 8.1?? Yep vendors and currency.

So basically complaining BUT bringing suggestions works, complaining for the sake of complaining like trolling for the sake of trolling doesn't.

- - - Updated - - -

The irony is thick. Personal attacks and calling someone immature/young while using dudespeak and memes and bringing Ninja into this somehow? Lol. Eeek. But it's the internet, do what you want.
    There is no irony here, just made a sum of your various response and I even used the " marks.

- - - Updated - - -

I assumed you were 14y due to the excess of "XD" "SHUSHS" caps lock "IF YOU DONT LIKE QUIT" that are often a trademarks for teen on the internet.

Deleted
    None. Same point of everyone coming to forums to literally complain and say how bad the game is they still choose to play without offering anything? What's yours?
    I made my point quite a few times already across this forum. It’s in my signature. It’s very similar to the last YT link in this very thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsharna View Post
    RoI is not generated by more people, but by more whales. They have the numbers to see what the whales want and how to influence them to spend more. Me, with my quasi f2p model (in-game gold purchased tokens) - I am not more relevant to RoI than some background, some AI-directed NPC. I am part of the product they sell to the whales - maybe to play with them, or to sell them boosts or to have the outdps me or show them how bad other people can be screwed with "RNG" (which is not "random" at all). Other games went that way, it's extremely naive to think Blizzard would not, at least to some extent.
    Here too:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...6#post49760276
    Last edited by mmoc806dd679c9; 2018-10-29 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rosso View Post
    Unfortunately there are a lots of post of people complaining and still giving ideas, guess what people asked for "vendors and currency" and what is happening in 8.1?? Yep vendors and currency.

So basically complaining BUT bringing suggestions works, complaining for the sake of complaining like trolling for the sake of trolling doesn't.

- - - Updated - - -

There is no irony here, just made a sum of your various response and I even used the " marks.

- - - Updated - - -

I assumed you were 14y due to the excess of "XD" "SHUSHS" caps lock "IF YOU DONT LIKE QUIT" that are often a trademarks for teen on the internet.
    And you use them un-ironically yet think you're older/more mature than anyone else. Yikes. Whatever helps you feel good man I'm here for you if you need to talk since you don't have anyone offline to do so with D:

FWIW yeah I'm "14" so I played WoW when I was like ya know, not even 1. Feels good.
    Retired boomer.

Deleted
    And you use them un-ironically yet think you're older/more mature than anyone else. Yikes. Whatever helps you feel good man I'm here for you if you need to talk since you don't have anyone offline to do so with D:

FWIW yeah I'm "14" so I played WoW when I was like ya know, not even 1. Feels good.
    The continue use of "Yikes" and Emoji, doesn't do anything than reinforce my previous assertion.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only suggestion I want is heirloom enchants.

Make them cost a lot, perhaps, but make them where you can just apply from your Heirlooms tab to ONLY your heirlooms.

They could even throw in quest chains or expensive unlocks behind rep grinds or whatever to unlock the heirlooms (think Argent Tournament in Wrath to unlock the baseline pieces).

This would make it WAY easier to enchant my alts gear. As it is now I have to enchant MOST of the gear on an exact level 100 character because that's when heirlooms are ilvl 136 and at least 3 enchants have restrictions saying cannot be put on gear above 136 but also cannot be applied by someone below level 85. Luckily I have ONE character still left at 100 (the rest are 101+ or below 60), though I guess I could have made a demon hunter on another realm.

Blizz could even use this as a way to "buff" heirlooms back up for veteran players. I mean, they scaled the low levels and nerfed heirlooms baseline stats. Give us stronger heirloom-only enchants to essentially buff the heirlooms back to what they were before for those players who put in the time or spent the money (or both) to unlock them.

Only really wanted to respond to a couple things here.

Quote Originally Posted by Odrareg View Post
    3) Solo player content. Artifact Challenges kept everyone playing the game more than usual for 1+ year (many people wanted the skins on all specs on multiple alts, so that meant you had something to do).
    I agree, there should be more of this. However, the Mage Tower didn't appear until 7.2 - with the second raid tier.

7) Give people a reason to visit the old world sometimes. This was the perfect chance to do so looking at the expansion theme. The world is literally HUGE and apparently Horde/Alliance are battling each other just in Zandalar/Kul'Tiras? I am aware that faction invasions will be added similarly to Legion invasions, but that's still a flawed concept. Legion invasions made no sense, they were like Hollywood movies with aliens always attacking America. We could have them in any Azeroth zone.
    So...Warfronts? Because there will be more of those, in old continents. Next one's in Darkshore. There is data suggesting the next ones will be in the Southern Barrens and Silvermoon. It's also quite repeatable content.

Also, with the Legion Invasions, they certainly could have put them in more places, but they already touched on the Legion's invasion into other zones on Azeroth with the Class Halls and Artifacts. Other zones were also visited to get troops and such for the Order Halls. Legion had the absolute most callbacks to older content, from story elements, to secrets, to quests, to class hall progression, etc.

-The pre-event for Legion dealt with many different zones being invaded by the demons - the point was that we were pushing them back to the Tomb of Sargeras by the expansion's launch. The subject was the Broken Isles, with only small appearances in other zones.
    -You visit Pandaria to get a couple weapons and establish the Monk order hall, and find out that demons invaded parts of Pandaria (Jade Forest, Kun-Lai).
    -It's mentioned that Thunder Bluff and the Twilight Highlands were bombarded with demons in the Shaman order hall (which is mentioned again in BfA with the Roughneck leader, a Wildhammer Dwarf).
    -The demons invaded Karazhan, which had another instance added.
    -Darkshire was infiltrated by demons, where most of the townsfolk joined the Legion. In order to get Garona's weapons, you had to deal with that and infiltrate Stormwind.
    -Arms Warrior, Holy Paladin, and Shadow Priest weapon acquisitions dealt with going to Tirisfal, using a new space to explain some older, open lore.
    -The Black Riders were brought up and faced in a new area of Karazhan for druid, warlock, and DK weapon quests.
    -Frost DKs go to Icecrown Citadel to get their weapons, and ICC is seen a couple more times by DKs later on.
    -Frost mages went back to Deadwind Pass to check out a Kirin Tor camp that was abandoned and overtaken.
    -Fire mages go to Icecrown to get their weapon.
    -Titanstrike was (partially) obtained in Ulduar/Storm Peaks.
    -The Claws of Ursoc were obtained (partially) in Grizzly Hills.
    -Arcane mages and Disc priests had to go around Northrend, Coldarra, and the Nexus to acquire their weapons.
    -Mistweavers had to go back to the Terrace of Endless Spring to get their weapon.
    -Windwalkers had to go to Uldum/Skywall to get their weapons.
    -The Doomhammer was retrieved in Deepholm, where demons invaded.
    -Resto Shamans got their weapon in the Throne of the Tides.
    -Destro warlocks snooped around the outside of Scholomance and Tol Barad to get their weapon.
    -Resto Druids got their weapon from Mount Hyjal, which was featured a couple more times in the druid quests.
    -Druids were given portals to all other Emerald Portals on Azeroth.
    -The Lucid Nightmare secret took players to Ulduar, AQ40, Deepholm, Gnomeregan, Kun-Lai, and the Forgotten Crypt in Karazhan.
    -DKs spent some time in Arathi in order to get one of their Four Horsemen, leading to the current conflict of succession there.
    -The Paladin class hall is in the old world, in EPL.
    -The Monk class hall was the Wandering Isle.
    -The Shaman class hall was a refined version of the Maelstrom, and a few of their quests took place in other Elemental Planes.
    -You visit Black Temple, again, to coerce/recruit Akama into the Illidari.
    -The Riddler's Mind worm took you all over Azeroth to find clues as well.
    -The Sun Darter Hatchling was found in Winterspring, using a new cave puzzle there.
    -Uuna required a tour of Azeroth and Draenor in order to get her /hug emote.

There are plenty more examples that aren't coming to my head at the moment. The Legion was present in the beginning of the expansion in many zones, but the story pushed them back to the Broken Isles. Even when we weren't dealing with demons in old content areas, we were still visiting them for our campaigns and such. So, that wasn't really an issue at all, when you look at it closer.

I'm not really seeing a problem now - we have Warfronts, Allied Race quests, and a handful of other quests (Vol'jin's story, SW infiltration by the Horde, etc) that take place in old world content. They could easily do more of that in the future, as well. The focus at the moment is the current place we're in - the South Seas. That's why we're on Zandalar, Kul Tiras, and the various islands we go on expeditions to.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

I think Blizz needs to find a way to let the community create and share in game content. If anyone remembers the old UMS (use map settings) feature of Starcraft. It came with a really robust editor that you could create scenarios and share them with people. People created all kinds of mini games, full blown campaign remakes, and scenarios. Some things were nothing short of impressive.

Let people copy/paste existing areas and reprogram events/objectives and NPCs. Let people dictate how the place is spawned (i.e. put into instance by traveling to Tanaris and going into one of the Silithus nests or something) so that it feels like you're adventuring to/in the area.

Deleted
    Another Blizz is lazy/game sucks post? Nice. I'm sure all your "points" are original and never seen before. XD
    I see you pop up everywhere, and damn you're one of the more annoying here, in case you didnt knew it. Slow down sensai.

Their current vision is aimed fully towards the money. Almost no effort into making a new unique content and slapping RNG on everything with tons of time gating to keep players subbed. This whole expansion feels like a Legion patch...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    I think Blizz needs to find a way to let the community create and share in game content. If anyone remembers the old UMS (use map settings) feature of Starcraft. It came with a really robust editor that you could create scenarios and share them with people. People created all kinds of mini games, full blown campaign remakes, and scenarios. Some things were nothing short of impressive.

Let people copy/paste existing areas and reprogram events/objectives and NPCs. Let people dictate how the place is spawned (i.e. put into instance by traveling to Tanaris and going into one of the Silithus nests or something) so that it feels like you're adventuring to/in the area.
    That’s basically the origin of DotA. Created by Warcraft players. The later SC version was called SotIS if I remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sethus View Post
    Blizzard have fallen into the same trap as so many other tech companies today. They're more focused on racial and gender hiring quotas than about the qualifications and motivations of employees. This ideology filters down from the very top to hiring and staffing, and down to the end products which appear shiny and fun on the outside but inside are completely rotten and meaningless.
    THIS..so much

Take a firm look at the games Blizzard offer today...Bad class design|Balance and RNG with more RNG for reward...

I think it might be neat if they placed the island expedition AI teams out in the world as elite rare spawns for warmode-off servers. Maybe a bit harder and less aggressive, tho...

Is there a point to reading every single thread bashing Blizzard calling them lazy? I don't think so. SO SHUSH XDDDDD
    Do you even remember how Blizzard did things before 2008 ??

They most certainly stand of as lazy after Activision took over, in terms of their usually quality.
    Last edited by Camodo; 2018-10-29 at 04:59 PM.

if you equate being lazy with - trying to make the most money with the least work. yes.

if you equate lacking vision with - pandering to the vocal majority (millenial kiddos and later) regarding what would make the game better (more rng/ez mode etc) then yea, guilty as charged.

they are business - they made the right call as such. Will they lose the ~10% of players who arent facebook gamers, nope, only about half of em. The other half are so helplessly bound to friends/guilds/or the time and effort spent on a toon, they will stay even if the sky was legit falling. So they'll lose some sure, but they'll retain the lions share who eat up getting a titanforged 395 while doing 4kdps from a m+ carry.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by parish View Post
    I see you pop up everywhere, and damn you're one of the more annoying here, in case you didnt knew it. Slow down sensai.
    He trolls and don't get banned because probably mods here are mentally challenged.

Quote Originally Posted by parish View Post
    Go to my profile and ignore me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Camodo View Post
    Do you even remember how Blizzard did things before 2008 ??

They most certainly stand of as lazy after Activision took over, in terms of their usually quality. (no good graphics is not a good game)
    People don't remember content droughts being a thing till WoD I guess? Idk. They existed. We had less stuff to do period in recent past. Whether everyone likes m+ or AP grind, WQs etc. it's stuff to do. If giving us more stuff and more story is lazy let me know what game offers more, faster and we can all play that
    Retired boomer.

Deleted
    What I just don't get is that every time they have an expansion that actually works and is generally liked, they remove everything fun about it in the expansion after that and replace it with systems/items/abilities/etc. that are inferior AND that no one asked for. And we also always seem to end up with less than what we had in the prior expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    What I just don't get is that every time they have an expansion that actually works and is generally liked, they remove everything fun about it in the expansion after that and replace it with systems/items/abilities/etc. that are inferior AND that no one asked for. And we also always seem to end up with less than what we had in the prior expansion.
    I always like what GGG does with Path of Exile. Every league they release has something new and interesting released. Have they screwed up and released leagues that were just bad and not fun or popular? You bet ya, they rushed some content and got lazy. Players called them out on it and they publicly apologized about their content being released was subpar and told people they would adjust things accordingly to ensure it doesn't happen again.

Leagues that had features that were generally well liked by the playerbase were rolled into the core game in some form or fashion once the league ended. So they take the best of their new ideas that are successful and build them into the base game. They then throw away the unpopular things. With how many expansions Blizzard has released, I don't know why they have not adopted something similar to this.

If you are going to try and shake things up and introduce new ideas, at least implement them on a smaller scale that doesn't affect the entire game. Ask for feedback and collect information on that system and then maybe release it later in a more polished way that won't be met with instant hate. Hell, island expeditions are a great way to do this. Why not implement azerite gear or no ideas into expeditions and see what players think of a system.
    Last edited by crono14; 2018-10-29 at 05:27 PM.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I definitely think they can use old world content far more than they have...Timewalking was a great idea, why not keep garrisons and class halls relevant? I understand not everyone liked garrison/class hall management, but they could be updated in a way that made them feel more like optional content and felt like less of a chore.

At least we're spending time in Arathi w/warfronts.

I think players are starting to miss vendor gear for the reasons you mentioned.
    Each time it seems like they shrink the mission table stuff. I wouldn't be against it myself, but they would definitely need to introduce new content each expansion to keep me going back. I rarely even go to my Garrison anymore, and haven't been back to my Class Hall since Legion ended.

They're good locations, Blizzard should use them.