Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Those people are LFR heroes and idiots.

Molten Core will take over a month to clear by itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Atherions View Post
    If they launch Naxx 4-6 months after AQ it will be cleared on day one by some tryhard guild. In order to avoid taunt resists on 4hm you just need all your tanks to get the spell hit trinket from ZG.
    But that's an on-use effect that only lasts for 15 seconds, with a 1min 15s CD. You're still going to get taunt resists outside of that.

Quote Originally Posted by MHMabrito View Post
    I can assure you, naxx will be cleared in a week or less from its release.
    I can assure you Naxx will not be cleared in one week. It may be a relic of old content, and a wider array of players may know how the encounters works now, but the farming, attunements, and gearing requirements needed are extremely strict.
    Last edited by Ohsorry; 2018-10-29 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Atherions View Post
    If they launch Naxx 4-6 months after AQ it will be cleared on day one by some tryhard guild. In order to avoid taunt resists on 4hm you just need all your tanks to get the spell hit trinket from ZG.
    /thread

10chars

Quote Originally Posted by Methodd View Post

lol no it won't, unless you're counting leveling to 60.

On the most recent pserver release, the first MC clear was roughly 3 weeks after the server launched, IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by vashe9 View Post
    Only 'private server people' still know the start. I was hardcore back then (7/7 raid !) and I forgot most of the details. Of course you remember the big things like onyxia fear but I challenge anyone who is not currently playing in a PS all the details on AQ40 bosses.

I
    Nobody remembers them exactly from memory right now. But the moment you engage the bosses it comes back to you. Black temple and Ulduar timewalking raiding are great examples of that. I for the love of it can't explain most of the bosses in there aside from the memorable ones (things like mimiron). But when we walked in there gave it 1 shot I remember everything. Certain things just trigger the memories.

Its gonna be the same for naxx. Aside from that, all the info on the bosses is out there. Old kill vids will trigger enough memories to make you remember 80% of the fight. Rest is just cleaning of the rust and bam dead boss in 2-3 tries on most of the earlier bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by NovatHunter View Post
    The bosses don't hit that hard. You can get the spell hit elsewhere.

2 x blue ZG rings = 2%
    Stratholme neck = 1%
    Mail legs from Firemaw (BWL) = 1%
    D2 questline boss cloak = 1%
    ZG trinket = 10% on 75 second cd (last 15 seconds, become usable 60 seconds after duration ends)

5%, obtainable without taking important spell hit epics from your casters (Nefarian trinket notably) . Minimal loss of armor, once again, the bosses don't hit very hard. It's the raid wide stacking of debuffs that cause the big issue, when a boss is supposed to be taunted but is not.

The boss was hard because it was poorly understood, and the steep tank requirement (if you did not have spell hit for taunt) came to a shock on raiders that entered the room, having never seen or attempted the boss before. Now we know why the boss is difficult, and what can be done a full year in advance in order to mitigate the difficulty.

Blizzard pulled the same shit in Sunwell. M'uru difficulty caused guilds to poach restoration shamans left right and center, because all they had to do was to spam chain heal. It didn't matter how well the druid, priest or holy paladin player played, or even how well geared they were. Blizzard pulled the rug from under the feet of the raiders in a vain attempt to design a difficult fight, without actually contemplating how the community would respond to ''shock difficulty''.

Can you still get shafted by RNG? Sure you can. Will you have to make 100+ attempts in order to get good rng? No

By the way, here is the clear timer for Naxxramas WOTLK
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ontent-cleared!

68 hours 30 minutes from wotlk release until all 25 man content cleared
    You do realize how much easier naxx 10/25 were? Talking about specs that all worked, and damage was basically the same in 25 at 80 as it was in 40 at 60. Debuffs would kill people with out resist gear in 6s or less. The raid damage here was incredibly high. The number of guilds that did it was so small the recycled the raid a few years later.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    You do realize how much easier naxx 10/25 were? Talking about specs that all worked, and damage was basically the same in 25 at 80 as it was in 40 at 60. Debuffs would kill people with out resist gear in 6s or less. The raid damage here was incredibly high. The number of guilds that did it was so small the recycled the raid a few years later.
    I'm sure i added a bit of fun fact at the end, i shall go back and remove it.

Edit: Happy?

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    he means launch of the raid but...
    No he doesn't, because he mentions leveling and up. If it's the launch of the raid in a staggered format (the cycle of raids that existed in Vanilla) then people will already be leveled and geared up. He means 'within a week of Classic launching' in that case.

I don't think it's possible, myself. It would take too long to level and gear up, even if Naxx was available Day 1 (and I sincerely doubt it will be).

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    You probably won't see 4 Horsemen down week 1, that fight requires a few, not 8 but at least 4, warriors with I think 4 or 6 piece t3 so taunts don't miss.

Unless some guild really wants to play that RNG with taunts. It's theoretically possible, but one taunt miss is almost always a wipe.
    Most guilds that clear Naxx on private servers have their warriors use a spell hit trinket from ZG. No longer need all the T3 for taunt resist.

10+ Year Old Account
    It won't be cleared at launch but I also feel like people are vastly exaggerating how hard it was. For the time for sure. And it's still not going to be a cake walk but raiders have come so damn far in terms of dealing with things I feel like people are going to beat it pretty quickly once it is available.

The only thing that is going to hold them back at all is the limitations of the vanilla game and certain classes not behaving the same as they do now. But I almost guarantee you that mechanics are going to feel very simple by today's standards. It will just be a raw numbers fight at that point.

And this is why I'm not interested in raiding in classic. Of course it's going to be cleared in the first week the raid is out by top guilds, and surely shorty thereafter by most semi-competitive guilds. The most trying aspect is going to be the mundane grinds out of raid and class stacking. Fun stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    No. Just no..
    About 120 guilds completed Naxx. . . only 4 had it "on farm". That's being generous too. In reality, probably 2 had KT on farm and the rest beat him once or twice before time was up to move on to BC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    About 120 guilds completed Naxx. . . only 4 had it "on farm". That's being generous too. In reality, probably 2 had KT on farm and the rest beat him once or twice before time was up to move on to BC.
    63 confirmed killed it 2 months before TBC released, 95 confirmed killed it pre patch, which is over a month before TBC released. These numbers are probably higher as there was no confirmed way to track kills.

You have a weird definition of farm. Once you've cleared a raid, you start clearing it easy, you've done the hard work, you've learned the tactics, you then have it on farm.

Where do you get 4 from? 4 cleared it 4 months before TBC released, what about the other 6 that also cleared it 4 months before TBC? What about the 30 guilds that cleared it 3 months before TBC? These guilds would have cleared it easily after that.

Again, these numbers are probably higher.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2018-10-29 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    No. Just no.

https://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/...fh&sh=c2c9ddb6

Pre 2.01, 95 guilds had cleared Naxx by 5th Dec 2006.

Pre BC release 128 confirmed guilds had now cleared Naxx before 16th January.

The number is probably larger, it's just hard to track them. There is a list of unconfirmed guilds as well on that link.

Yes, most are. However there is currently one which is pretty much the real thing.
    "On farm" and "cleared" are two different things. One means you killed KT, the other means you had bosses on repeat week to week...

Quote Originally Posted by Methodd View Post

No...no it won't.

Naxx has some stricter gearing requirements though.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    lol no it won't, unless you're counting leveling to 60.

On the most recent pserver release, the first MC clear was roughly 3 weeks after the server launched, IIRC.
    Even the record holder for 1-60,Joanna, has leveling at just shy of 5 days played. So at least a week or two leveling and one for gearing and prep. Seems reasonable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    "On farm" and "cleared" are two different things. One means you killed KT, the other means you had bosses on repeat week to week...
    Why wouldn't they? They've learned all tactics while continuing to get more gear. Do you think a guild cleared it with a month or two left before TBC and struggled to kill it again? Raids get easier the more you do them.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    You can get plenty for FrR before Naxx.
    lul, someone didn't play vanilla did they
    Kthxhugsbye

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by brbshower View Post
    lul, someone didn't play vanilla did they
    You can though. It's not ideal because you lose DPS/Heal stats.