I Really Want to Play More

I enjoy raiding twice a week, but we're almost done with the good part, mythic progression. Outside of raid nights occasionally I'll get on, do a loop around Dazar'alor or Orgrimmar and then logoff.

I do get a mythic 10 or 11 done each week though for the free loot. I don't find BFA dungeons particularly fun or engaging (let alone as a shadow priest main), so I have no interest in leaderboards.

I'd do some dailies but I'm already exalted with everyone (I didn't rush, really). I unlocked the 2nd trait on 385 azerite pieces some time ago so I literally have zero interest in grinding AP.

My rogue alt could use some attention but the developers have explicitly implied I'm wasting my time as 8.1 will have substantial "catch-up" mechanics. I could focus on gearing him out, but to do what? Uldir or M+ trash? Lmao. I'm good. It's not bad but I've had my fill.

I could PVP, but honestly if that's the route I'm going I rather play another game (to "kill" other players).

Obligatory note: I have no plans to quit, I enjoy raiding (even farm) enough to stick around. I just wish I had some arbitrary goals in-game outside of it.
    Last edited by Debased; 2018-10-30 at 08:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    The game no longer supports those lengthy side-objectives (while still providing true power progression), instead it does everything it can to propell you as fast as possible to your "goals" such as reaching x difficulty raids, Arena PvP or just clearing world content.
    You've essentially finished the game for this patch, unless you want to go transmog-hunting.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

You'll farm AP and you'll like it

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Be kind and use your knowledge to a good purpose.
    Get a Tank class and help/guide/teach rest of the players in M+ runs.

As I see it you have some options:
    - make a lot of gold (AH, farming)
    - play your alts (level to 120, gear them, M+10/Raid on them)
    - farm old content for toys/mounts/transmog
    - do pvp/pet battles
    - grind island expeditions for pets/mounts/toys/AP

That's pretty much it. If that isn't anything you enjoy there is nothing left to do except to wait for 8.1. This is also one of the reasons so many players have quit the game already.

I don't want to praise Legion but I remember this time around in Legion I still had Legendaries and Traits to farm to improve my character. Yes it was too much RNG. Yes it was a boring grind. Yes I remember doing Maw of Souls speedruns for hours. However if I remember correctly at this point in Legion there came a patch that brought Kara - I remember doing the timed runs for mounts and really enjoying the dungeon - and the Trial of Valor raid. So that's really what is missing from BfA right now - some content to ease the wait for the next raid tier/major content patch. I really wonder who will still be playing once there is new content. 8.1 seems really lackluster except when the new raid opens - but will it be soon enough?
    Last edited by Todesbote; 2018-10-30 at 08:39 AM.

Deleted

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by xcitng View Post

thanks for making me laugh out loud at work, shitty morning so far

Deleted
    WoW has always been a game where the amount of things to do eventually runs out. As much as I dislike BFA it technically, thanks to Legion, has more stuff than ever to do. But as you said, you don't find pushing M+ keys over and over to be something you enjoy. Before Legion it'd be 'do the raid' and that's it.

Maybe work on some achievements? If you have a group of friends and you haven't done it yet, the wartorn hero achiev is a decent amount of content if you take it slow and figure things out for yourself. Mount collecting?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Debased View Post
    I enjoy raiding twice a week, but we're almost done with the good part, mythic progression. Outside of raid nights occasionally I'll get on, do a loop around Dazar'alor or Orgrimmar and then logoff.

I do get a mythic 10 or 11 done each week though for the free loot. I don't find BFA dungeons particularly fun or engaging (let alone as a shadow priest main), so I have no interest in leaderboards.

I'd do some dailies but I'm already exalted with everyone (I didn't rush, really). I unlocked the 2nd trait on 385 azerite pieces some time ago so I literally have zero interest in grinding AP.

My rogue alt could use some attention but the developers have explicitly implied I'm wasting my time as 8.1 will have substantial "catch-up" mechanics. I could focus on gearing him out, but to do what? Uldir or M+ trash? Lmao. I'm good. It's not bad but I've had my fill.

I could PVP, but honestly if that's the route I'm going I rather play another game (to "kill" other players).

Obligatory note: I have no plans to quit, I enjoy raiding (even farm) enough to stick around. I just wish I had some arbitrary goals in-game outside of it.
    If you're really soon done with Mythic Ghuun then that's part of the game as a mythic raider. You do the last boss on mythic and then ""wait"" until the next patch. Been like that forever.

You'll just play as much as Blizzard wants you to.

Enough to justify paying your sub, but not too much because that costs a lot to design actual content.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Todesbote View Post
    As I see it you have some options:
    - make a lot of gold (AH, farming)
    - play your alts (level to 120, gear them, M+10/Raid on them)
    - farm old content for toys/mounts/transmog
    - do pvp/pet battles
    - grind island expeditions for pets/mounts/toys/AP
    Pretty much all i've been doing in past month. Everything seems pointless to do with all the catch up coming up with next patch.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eolthedarkelf View Post
    WoW has always been a game where the amount of things to do eventually runs out. As much as I dislike BFA it technically, thanks to Legion, has more stuff than ever to do. But as you said, you don't find pushing M+ keys over and over to be something you enjoy. Before Legion it'd be 'do the raid' and that's it.

Maybe work on some achievements? If you have a group of friends and you haven't done it yet, the wartorn hero achiev is a decent amount of content if you take it slow and figure things out for yourself. Mount collecting?
    I never run out of things to do back in vannila or tbc. Hell majority of players havent even finished end game raids. Thats why you had always something to work towards.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Alodi View Post
    Pretty much all i've been doing in past month. Everything seems pointless to do with all the catch up coming up with next patch.
    I really want to know feelings of players what currently put effort into the game just to see current end game being super casual end game in 8.1 with LFR drops 370 itemlvl gear. It is so poitless put any sort of effort when patch is ao close.

Quote Originally Posted by xcitng View Post
    Players don't know what they like. So trust daddy-blizz to tell you what to like.

Farm that AP, sheep. Ion needs a new car.