Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What if people buy gold from gold sellers and use that gold to buy wow tokens?

It is common now. Would it destroy the economy?

people do this?

i thought the whole idea of WoW tokens was so people could buy gold legitimately, why would you go to third party account hackers, to buy gold, to then buy wow tokens?

is the price of "illegally sourced" gold really that lucrative?
    <insert witty signature here>

Quote Originally Posted by rbigrq View Post
    It is common now. Would it destroy the economy?
    I doubt that the economies of the US, EU, Russia, China, etc will flinch. In game? Nah.

Quote Originally Posted by smokii View Post
    people do this?

i thought the whole idea of WoW tokens was so people could buy gold legitimately, why would you go to third party account hackers, to buy gold, to then buy wow tokens?

If buying this gold would be cheaper than a sub, you might buy it. That is cross-realm safe method for gold sellers to sell good. Use wow-token as a legal method for doing money laundering. AFAIK, this is a common service in CN region since it would save you 23% cash for a sub.
    Last edited by rbigrq; 2018-10-30 at 11:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    is there even gold sellers now that blizz dominate the illegal black market of gold selling using real money according to blizz login hint messages for 6 years ?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

If buying this gold would be cheaper than a sub, you might buy it.
    I have no clue what gold costs but I am pretty sure the gold sellers are cheaper than the token.

Deleted
    No, and you must be suffering from brain damage to do that.

Looked up on random sites and apparently 200k gold = ~20 euros. Why would any sane person spend 20 euros to buy a token that's worth 13?
    That while also being able to buy it directly from the game with roughly the same amount and without the risk of getting scammed or banned.

Deleted
    On my realm it's cheaper to buy seller gold and then buy token with it. It's not hacked, guy is just AH flipper

Quote Originally Posted by kraner View Post
    No, and you must be suffering from brain damage to do that.

Looked up on random sites and apparently 200k gold = ~20 euros. Why would any sane person spend 20 euros to buy a token that's worth 13?
    That while also being able to buy it directly from the game with roughly the same amount and without the risk of getting scammed or banned.
    Because buying gold from gold sellers provides more gold than token. You can actually use that gold to pay sub.

This is also a method for gold sellers to sell gold in cross-realm wide since you can just create a new character, buy gold from gold sellers, use that gold to buy token for your sub and then delete your character. Selling gold cross-realm wide can never be achieved before wow-token.

Deleted
    Because buying gold from gold sellers provides more gold than token. You can actually use that gold to pay sub.
    Still .. why would you go through all that trouble and risk getting banned?

Quote Originally Posted by kraner View Post
    Still .. why would you go through all that trouble and risk getting banned?
    Simple, it is cheap and I've never seen anyone getting banned for this.

Simple, it is cheap and I've never seen anyone getting banned for this.
    There are several people who’s been banned for buying gold from resellers.

Quote Originally Posted by adqo View Post
    On my realm it's cheaper to buy seller gold and then buy token with it. It's not hacked, guy is just AH flipper
    Still very much against the terms of service though, so why bother when you most likely will get banned.

Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    I have no clue what gold costs but I am pretty sure the gold sellers are cheaper than the token.
    The cost of buying gold from blizz is higher than the Cost of a sub. So the gold sellers would need to be ALOT cheaper to be able to compete.

People who are greedy enough to risk getting banned over a slightly cheaper price deserve it. There's absolutely no incentive to purchase gold "illegally".

Quote Originally Posted by smokii View Post
    people do this?

You can buy 300k illegal gold for the price of 120k legal gold which is why people do it.

That being said gold is fairly easy to come by in game if you put in a little time

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    The cost of buying gold from blizz is higher than the Cost of a sub. So the gold sellers would need to be ALOT cheaper to be able to compete.
    However, this is a win-win-win-win situation. gold sellers can sell their gold cross realm wide which diminishes their cost for gold farming. Player A pays cheaper sub. Blizzard gets more $ from selling tokens and the player B who sells tokens would get more gold. Blizzard loves this transaction

3 years ago, you get more gold from tokens than gold sellers.
    Are the gold sellers' gold cheaper than AH now?

Time token charges an extra $5.
    Pay the monthly fee directly is always cheaper.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    However, this is a win-win-win-win situation. gold sellers can sell their gold cross realm wide which diminishes their cost for gold farming. Player A pays cheaper sub. Blizzard gets more $ from selling tokens and the player B who sells tokens would get more gold. Blizzard loves this transaction
    It's not win-win-win. Goldseller activity is massively harmful to the game, and the long term negative consequences for Blizzard far outweigh the small benefit of a few extra token sales.

Sure, the person buying the gold illegally saves a few $$, so, provided they manage to evade the justice of a permaban, they win. But everyone else loses. As an honest WoW player who buys tokens, for example, I would be affected on multiple fronts:
    1) The cheaters buying tokens with goldseller gold would push up the price of tokens.
    2) Goldseller activity harms my ability to make gold - for example they flood the AH with masses of mats they farm using bots - both driving the price down and making it harder for me to sell.
    3) Goldsellers tend to result in more gold being generated in game (if they hack an account with 10M gold, then when Blizzard restores the gold for the owner, that mean 10M gold is added to the economy). This means more inflation - which basically means that the value of my gold is reduced (ie I need to spend more of my gold to buy things).

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    It's not win-win-win. Goldseller activity is massively harmful to the game, and the long term negative consequences for Blizzard far outweigh the small benefit of a few extra token sales.

Sure, the person buying the gold illegally saves a few $$, so, provided they manage to evade the justice of a permaban, they win. But everyone else loses. As an honest WoW player who buys tokens, for example, I would be affected on multiple fronts:
    1) The cheaters buying tokens with goldseller gold would push up the price of tokens.
    2) Goldseller activity harms my ability to make gold - for example they flood the AH with masses of mats they farm using bots - both driving the price down and making it harder for me to sell.
    3) Goldsellers tend to result in more gold being generated in game (if they hack an account with 10M gold, then when Blizzard restores the gold for the owner, that mean 10M gold is added to the economy). This means more inflation - which basically means that the value of my gold is reduced (ie I need to spend more of my gold to buy things).
    push up price of tokens is a good thing for everyone. blizzard would sell more tokens as long as token price keeps going up which means more development resources could be put into the game itself which will ultimately benefit everyone