Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seems I will have to wait for 9.0 for Shadow Priest.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Saiako View Post
    Seeing as around 10 of the 25 priests on the first page of 3v3 ladder(eu) atm are shadow I dont see why shadow needed a buff in PvP at all I get the PvE part but pvp? this makes zero sense ppl complain about disc in pvp and now they are nerfing that, a spec that is close to the other is getting a buff what?
    You are delusional if you consider shadow a spec that didnt need massive changes in pvp. The spec is only viable because one single talent Edge of Insanity, which basically removes Voidform. It was the least fun i ever had at any time in pvp.

With 8.1 we can self sustain and are not dependend on infinite dmg reduction, spam healing or constant peel.
    <inactive>

Quote Originally Posted by Saphyron View Post
    9.1 will fix it

Quote Originally Posted by Saphyron View Post
    Or you might hope for Dark Ranger in 9.0 as a true and functional Shadow class.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Or you might hope for Dark Ranger in 9.0 as a true and functional Shadow class.
    What does alliance get? Tinker? Necromancer? I know you joked about dark ranger, but now i want it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theed View Post
    You are delusional if you consider shadow a spec that didnt need massive changes in pvp. The spec is only viable because one single talent Edge of Insanity, which basically removes Voidform. It was the least fun i ever had at any time in pvp.

With 8.1 we can self sustain and are not dependend on infinite dmg reduction, spam healing or constant peel.
    Do you remember those times when you were cced right after entering voidform? No? I think you need a reminder. Edge of Insanity is here to stay and it's for a good reason.

Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Do you remember those times when you were cced right after entering voidform? No? I think you need a reminder. Edge of Insanity is here to stay and it's for a good reason.
    That can be said literally about any burst ability. Its like common practice to cc when someone pops something, voidform no exception.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Solry View Post
    That can be said literally about any burst ability. Its like common practice to cc when someone pops something, voidform no exception.
    No other "burst ability" is as predictable as voidform is.

No other "burst ability" is as predictable as voidform is.
    Please, elaborate. I do not see how is it more predictable compared to other speccs.

Quote Originally Posted by zahlanzi View Post
    What does alliance get? Tinker? Necromancer? I know you joked about dark ranger, but now i want it
    Dark Ranger will most likely become a class unbound by factions. Especially with the newly shown Void power related to Necromancy, it won't be surprising if Alleria ends up being the Alliance representative.

Not really joking btw. Dark Ranger is one of the things I look forward to getting me hyped with the game again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Dark Ranger will most likely become a class unbound by factions. Especially with the newly shown Void power related to Necromancy, it won't be surprising if Alleria ends up being the Alliance representative.
    Alleria won't be the dark ranger representative since she isn't a dark ranger. Dark rangers are exclusively Sylvanas' thing. And if alliance doesn't accept forsaken do you think they will accept elite troops that started as fanatically loyal to sylvanas, even if Sylvanas gets killed/dethroned?

Edge actually gets worse. It gets reworked into a 15 second buff whenever you reach 90 insanity out of voidform. It fixes the old problem of not going into voidform ever, but now you actually want to get ccd or want to leave voidform as soon as possible to reach 90 insanity again.

Voidform is just a mess and probably the worst gameplay blizzard introduced ever to a class. I don't know why they didn't come up with a solution and are seemingly ok with half the spec not being used in pvp. But as long as people still believe voidform adds complexity and fun to shadow they may never change it :/

Alleria won't be the dark ranger representative since she isn't a dark ranger. Dark rangers are exclusively Sylvanas' thing. And if alliance doesn't accept forsaken do you think they will accept elite troops that started as fanatically loyal to sylvanas, even if Sylvanas gets killed/dethroned?
    I think the "original" leak or concept of dark ranger had three specs each trained by one windrunner sister. Sylvanas - Dark ranger, Alleria - Void and Vereesa - whatever she could teach =p
    Now with bfa its pretty clear sylvanas and alleria wont join each other to teach new archers, but i think the idea of a shadow and void spec remains and alleria is the only one who could teach at least half of this things on alliance side, so she gets named everytime^^
    Last edited by Foolicious; 2018-10-30 at 03:15 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    Edge actually gets worse. It gets reworked into a 15 second buff whenever you reach 90 insanity out of voidform. It fixes the old problem of not going into voidform ever, but now you actually want to get ccd or want to leave voidform as soon as possible to reach 90 insanity again.
    Edge isn't a 15 s buff, the damage boost only lasts 15s but the 10% are baseline down from 20%

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    If you think just one team is making rps, boom/shadow and shatterplay work - conversation is already over.
    If you are assuming what I think instead of reading, ye the conversation is over.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I retired my SPriest and I'm playing a Warlock now but I'd gladly jump back onto my SPriest in a heartbeat if they brought back FL/DS SPriest. It had everything: A cooldown, great scaling, amazing utility (via VE) and was a blast to play. It was the reason I rolled a SPriest. The MoP Shadow rework was underwhelming at best (was fun but scaled like dogshit in SoO) and WoD doubled down on the shittiness (surprise: it still scaled like dogshit in WoD). Then Legion released the abortion of a spec that we're dealing with currently... which they've sadly doubled down on again. I doubt anything major will happen until the next expansion, though, so it looks like it'll be Warlock for the rest of this expansion for me.
    Agree 100%, the problem with Shadow I have atm is simple, everytime I'm in Void form I fell nothing, zero excitement, nothing, I fell more excitement when I use Void eruption then Void form, I dont mind the rotation i dont mind the game play but please for god sake do something about void form, why not make it like DH meta form, where you abilities are super empower, what i get in void form? 10% more dmg and 10% dmg reduction and void bolt?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theed View Post

It is in top comps and is a top spec in BFA atm how fun it is to play does not factor into it getting overbuffed into OP status shadow is fine atm as it is the thing they should do is overhaul the spec as voidform as been boring since Legion in terms of playstyle. So ye shadow needed a change NOT a buff in PvP but that has to do with core mechanics making shadow dull to play at its core compared to what it used to be.

Few classes and specs can be played without needing something like peels/cc or certain types of synergy and most of the specs that can be "sloted" in at random are healer specs which is good for the game overall.

Quote Originally Posted by cen View Post
    Edge isn't a 15 s buff, the damage boost only lasts 15s but the 10% are baseline down from 20%.
    Are you sure about that? People testing it on beta reported that both the damage and damage reduction buffs were 15 seconds.

As for how arenas will look after 8.1 if Edge gets nerfed, just look at how the Turbo and TSG handled RPS in the tournament games the other day. All game training the shadow until they win, and that's with the peels a rogue can assist with.

Edge became meta because the entire concept of void form doesn't work in PVP. Nerfing tankyness without any mechanical change to void form is really not looking good. Edge is a horrible bandaid, but one which works. Ripping it off without a proper plan to stem the bleeding isn't the correct move.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelix1 View Post
    Agree 100%, the problem with Shadow I have atm is simple, everytime I'm in Void form I fell nothing, zero excitement, nothing, I fell more excitement when I use Void eruption then Void form, I dont mind the rotation i dont mind the game play but please for god sake do something about void form, why not make it like DH meta form, where you abilities are super empower, what i get in void form? 10% more dmg and 10% dmg reduction and void bolt?
    I get the same feeling when I get on my Shadow Priest. Their gameplay mechanic is NOT fun and it’s
    Lackluster at best. These “changes” aren’t really a class “rework” as promised. It’s just number tuning. It’s fucking pathetic how bad they’ve become at class changes and “reworks”. I mainly play tanks and seeing the tank changes or lack there of, it reaaaaaaaaally shows how out of touch Blizzard is with what’s actually in game. It’s sad. I’ve lost confidence in Blizzards capability at class changes and making classes fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Extremeties View Post
    I get the same feeling when I get on my Shadow Priest. Their gameplay mechanic is NOT fun and it’s
    Lackluster at best. These “changes” aren’t really a class “rework” as promised. It’s just number tuning. It’s fucking pathetic how bad they’ve become at class changes and “reworks”. I mainly play tanks and seeing the tank changes or lack there of, it reaaaaaaaaally shows how out of touch Blizzard is with what’s actually in game. It’s sad. I’ve lost confidence in Blizzards capability at class changes and making classes fun.
    Long long time ago I was the guy that said, give it time its only BETA, that was expansions ago, at this point I sincerely don't understand what in the god name the dev team is going, I would really love to see the armory and the archivements of some one then, SP/elemental and other classes

Lets be honest, we will not get a rework, best case scenario next expansion at best we will get % add on some numbers if we are lucky , all i hope by the time we get the dmg boost, shadow priest will not have the reputation of LOL SHADOW, slowly is getting there

they set up lightforged undead in that pre-bfa book when calia died

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    Voidform is just a mess and probably the worst gameplay blizzard introduced ever to a class. I don't know why they didn't come up with a solution and are seemingly ok with half the spec not being used in pvp. But as long as people still believe voidform adds complexity and fun to shadow they may never change it :/
    I'm almost certain Voidform is designed by the same guy who created Chakra. He was finally reigned in after several expansion, with that design abomination killed and buried. Unfortunately, he decided to have his revenge by creating something even more obnoxious. There's probably someone else who genuinely believes it's a great idea but just needs a little polish - which will take couple more expansions after which they'll delete the thing and re-invent the wheel once more.