Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    There are two separate teams working on WoW expansions, which switch off producing every other expansion while the other team starts working on the next one. The good team was responsible for the 77 day patch cycle. That was the team that brought us Wotlk, MoP, and Legion. Currently we are on the "bad team" expansion. The same team that made Cataclysm and WoD. I wouldn't expect timely content patches from this team. Honestly, the less you expect the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyux View Post
    They said in Legion that the first content patch come out too quickly. I think it's fine. I would guess that most guilds are still working on Uldir. It's not like we're in a content drought?
    You pretty much are if you don't raid or do mythic+, and if you play more than a couple of hours a week, you've been pretty much there since the second or so week of BFA.

Quote Originally Posted by Mask View Post
    There are two separate teams working on WoW expansions, which switch off producing every other expansion while the other team starts working on the next one. The good team was responsible for the 77 day patch cycle. That was the team that brought us Wotlk, MoP, and Legion. Currently we are on the "bad team" expansion. The same team that made Cataclysm and WoD. I wouldn't expect timely content patches from this team. Honestly, the less you expect the better.
    Stop propagating this bullshit "two teams" myth. There is zero evidence to support this theory. Not only is it entirely implausible, it's offensively asinine to anybody who has ever worked on a large project.

OT: Stringent development cycles are never healthy for a game or a business. The "77 day" rule of Legion was a coincidence, though likely burgeoned by Blizzard's commitment to releasing more content on a steady schedule. As others have observed in this thread, we're experiencing a bit of a drought waiting for 8.1 due to the timing of BlizzCon, I'd imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by protip View Post
    We haven't gotten an end of season warning for the pvp season yet, so we're still at least two weeks off. I kind of expect them to bring it up during Blizzcon in "You'll be seeing that two week warning very soon" style, with patch date on November 20.
    No way its November 20th, that's Thanksgiving week.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Stop propagating this bullshit "two teams" myth. There is zero evidence to support this theory. Not only is it entirely implausible, it's offensively asinine to anybody who has ever worked on a large project.

OT: Stringent development cycles are never healthy for a game or a business. The "77 day" rule of Legion was a coincidence, though likely burgeoned by Blizzard's commitment to releasing more content on a steady schedule. As others have observed in this thread, we're experiencing a bit of a drought waiting for 8.1 due to the timing of BlizzCon, I'd imagine.
    It is not unreasonable to assume that a fair portion of the dev team is already hard at work on the next expansion. Making new raids and a new zone or two does not require 200 people.

Even then, I doubt there are strictly speaking 2 solid teams, rather devs flow from the current project to the next as the burden of making new content for the current dwindles.

Also, I think the two team concept comes from the fact that WoW's dev team was originally called Team Two.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Otimus View Post
    You pretty much are if you don't raid or do mythic+, and if you play more than a couple of hours a week, you've been pretty much there since the second or so week of BFA.
    You described me. I play more than a couple of hours a week, I'd say roughly ~8, I don't raid or do mythic+ and still don't feel like there's a lack of content. I haven't gotten any alts up to 110, haven't maxed alchemy or fishing or gotten Tortollan Seekers to exalted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akhlys View Post
    Once upon a time, boats were full of leaks. Now, our leaks are full of boats.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyux View Post
    They said in Legion that the first content patch come out too quickly. I think it's fine. I would guess that most guilds are still working on Uldir. It's not like we're in a content drought?
    The problem is not content drought the problem is classes are still broken

Shaman is broken Shadow priest is broken, they need the patch