Poll: How many melee DPS do you have in your raiding grp?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by wink- View Post
    One thing they need to do is increase the CD of interrupt on melee and shorten it on ranged for PVE.
    No, they just need to shorten the CD on ranged interrupts.

They should just make all interrupts equal including cd and range. The problem right now is that you can’t have a ranged interrupt that is equal cd as a melee interrupt and they want both to be useful so melee has the shorter cd but also a shorter range in general. This is just archaic at this point in the game and the skill with interrupts should be in using them at the right time on the right abilities and not on whether you have the right kind of interrupt or not. Of course another issue is that interrupts are one of the big reasons a melee is brought in the first place so it may just need to stay because blizzard has made the game where you want to bring as little melee as you possibly can.
    Last edited by BrioWoW; 2018-10-09 at 01:57 PM.

We had 3-5 people re-roll into rdps too, and we still have 5 or 6 melee. RDPS variety doesn't feel there, doesn't help ele and spriest are memes right now.

I think its pathetic people whine about what others want to play and dont actually complain about the fight mechanics being heavily punishing for melee and easy for ranged

If majority of fights in a raid tier are unbalanced enough where you cant have a 60/40 split of of melee/ranged and be fine then you have failed at encounter design

10+ Year Old Account
    Even if fight mechanics are less punishing for ranged, the annoyance of having to stop casting to move out of fire is a great deterrent imo. I like some ranged specs to some degree but I find this thing in particular to really kill my excitement for playing one as main. Somehow I don't feel like that when healing (and I've been holy paladin for the majority of the 12 years in the game) which is probably odd.

It doesn't help that almost every ranged spec has some further drawbacks in either mechanical, visual or QoL aspect.

- Boomkins - aesthetically challenging to like
    - Shadow Priests - same + bloated rotation (I like it to the most part mind you but I'd still play one of my fav melee classes over that)
    - Shamans - superb combat animations but mechanically meh
    - Warlocks - pet management, 3 super different specs with Blizz inability to make all viable means you have 1/3 chance of actually playing what you want and not feel bad about it
    - Hunters - pet management and/or meh attack visuals and/or too simple mechanically

Mages are great though but good luck if that's not your class fantasy.

What we need are more rDPS classes/specs. More diversity - plate casters, classes that can move and cast and are not hunters, flashier animations, etc.
    Last edited by Leanne; 2018-10-31 at 01:03 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they should consider to make casting possible while moving.
    No, I don't care about PvP at all

Deleted
    Melees either don't have to deal with mechanics (Nighthold) and can tunnel the boss, or they are punished heavily by mechanics and make bosses substantially more difficult. There seems to be no in between, because of the inherent limitation of having to be near your target. So I think nothing can change, you'll be able to bring a few melee (<5) and the rest of the damage dealers will have to be ranged.

What Blizzard should do is make ranged more attractive and fun, create a new ranged class for a change and make casters less punishing in pvp (short cd melee interrupts/constant stunlocking).
    Last edited by mmocab46075835; 2018-10-31 at 12:45 PM.

Deleted
    Still waiting for dual pistol rogues

I rarely post on these forums but I'll jump on this post.
    I actually had to reroll ranged too because I was playing a Fury warrior (Parsing over 95 constantly in heroic and over 80 in Mythic). Problem is: Warriors bring literally no Utility and we already had another one. Stacking melee classes besides rogues on MZul is a no-no.

So, I went to reroll a SPriest (Need an off-heal class, plus I really enjoy shadow's rotation, plus knowing Blizzard's way of reworking, SPriest in 8.1 will be borderline OP, mark my words).

The reason right now is that raids are too punishing for Melee. It's so much easier to avoid mechanics as ranged, I don't see why more than 2 or 3 melee (DH/Monk for debuff and maybe Rogue) would be required, when you can hoard on ranged and literally forget about half the mechanics.

Blizz devs have openly been saying for the past years "Bring the player, not the class". Clearly, they can't stand by that philosophy because they keep releasing content where ranged are performing easily better.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oopsmezedya View Post
    I think its pathetic people whine about what others want to play and dont actually complain about the fight mechanics being heavily punishing for melee and easy for ranged

If majority of fights in a raid tier are unbalanced enough where you cant have a 60/40 split of of melee/ranged and be fine then you have failed at encounter design
    Blizzard thinks it's ok because they make melee dps outperform range specs to compensate, but even then, they fail because some melee specs are garbage and some range specs are very strong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azgarde View Post
    I rarely post on these forums but I'll jump on this post.
    I actually had to reroll ranged too because I was playing a Fury warrior (Parsing over 95 constantly in heroic and over 80 in Mythic). Problem is: Warriors bring literally no Utility and we already had another one.
    Everyone seems to forget that Warriors bring Rallying Cry, which can be very useful on all fights, aswell as bringing an execute, which most classes no longer have.

Always too many melee. There was a small window of time during Antorus that my guild only had like 4 raiding melee total, but we also needed more people period during that time (because we simply didn't have enough for Mythic for that entire tier) so it doesn't really count.

The problem is that in the 14 years this game has been out, Blizzard has not added a single ranged class. In fact, they've removed a ranged spec - survival hunter. I can't believe they are so misguided in that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wink- View Post
    One thing they need to do is increase the CD of interrupt on melee and shorten it on ranged for PVE.
    Yeah just make it even more unfriendly for melee.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper Kazai View Post
    Always too many melee. There was a small window of time during Antorus that my guild only had like 4 raiding melee total, but we also needed more people period during that time (because we simply didn't have enough for Mythic for that entire tier) so it doesn't really count.

The problem is that in the 14 years this game has been out, Blizzard has not added a single ranged class. In fact, they've removed a ranged spec - survival hunter. I can't believe they are so misguided in that.
    And then they made two melee classes required for raiding to apply the debuffs. I know the tanks can apply it aswell, but there might be cases where that tank can't get an attack on a mob because they have other shit to do.

We are a raiding guild focusing on fun rather than progression for any cost. We had a hard ass time on heroic g'huun since we had too many melee. we had 3 warriors, 1 dh, 2 rogues, 2 dk's and a feral. Just had to stop trying. No chance in hell dealing with phase 2 with that many melee. Melee had to start running out every wave and later in p3 with the shrooms. Could just give up. No room so they did half the dps they should have had, While ranged just stood there pewpewing without a worry. Removed 1 warrior, 1 rogue, 1 dk and the feral went boomkin. Boss died really fast and painless after only 2 attempts.

People should be able to play what they want and blizzard should balance the bosses there after. Not forced to have a certain ranged heavy composition and faceroll a boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Firatha View Post
    You mean Zul right the only good melee on Ghuun are frost DKs and Arms warriors.

Did you even read the OP or just the title?
    Yeah, havoc is trash on ghuun. Want that magic damage debuff, sucks for your raid group. Need someone to run orbs, why have (one of) the highest mobility spec do it when there are slower classes that can take more time doing it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    We are a raiding guild focusing on fun rather than progression for any cost. We had a hard ass time on heroic g'huun since we had too many melee. we had 3 warriors, 1 dh, 2 rogues, 2 dk's and a feral. Just had to stop trying. No chance in hell dealing with phase 2 with that many melee. Melee had to start running out every wave and later in p3 with the shrooms. Could just give up. No room so they did half the dps they should have had, While ranged just stood there pewpewing without a worry. Removed 1 warrior, 1 rogue, 1 dk and the feral went boomkin. Boss died really fast and painless after only 2 attempts.

People should be able to play what they want and blizzard should balance the bosses there after. Not forced to have a certain ranged heavy composition and faceroll a boss.
    We had 3 ranged (boom, lock, mage) and 8 melee (2dh, 2 ww, 3 war, 1dk) our last ghuun kill. No issues with range. Maybe your raid members just have trouble using /range.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    Yeah, havoc is trash on ghuun. Want that magic damage debuff, sucks for your raid group. Need someone to run orbs, why have (one of) the highest mobility spec do it when there are slower classes that can take more time doing it.

- - - Updated - - -

We had 3 ranged (boom, lock, mage) and 8 melee (2dh, 2 ww, 3 war, 1dk) our last ghuun kill. No issues with range. Maybe your raid members just have trouble using /range.
    Me and the person I was talking to were talking about mythic stick to heroic kid.
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

give me gunslinger and i'll play rdps