Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Unrelated but does rep decay?

I don't give a shit about my rep level since it doesn't really do anything but basically every day I log in and I'm a level below what I was the day before, I play a couple games and get it back and get the CONGRATS YOU LEVELED UP banner again, and then repeat the whole thing all over again the next day.

Obviously I'm on the cusp on that level but I didn't think it decayed and even if it does, should it really be that fast that overnight drops me? If it was one time I'd call it a fluke but it's been the last three or four days in a row.

I don't really care about the number, but I do find it odd.
    Are you talking about the endorsement system? If so, I’m not sure but I think it does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Are you talking about the endorsement system? If so, I’m not sure but I think it does.
    Yeah, the endorsements. I've never had it go down before, even when I was out of the country and basically didn't play Overwatch for a whole month, but I'm dropping/releveling every day this week. I mean, it makes sense if it decays and you can kinda explain it if it decays faster at higher levels, but I don't understand why rep would need to be a thing with scaling decay (verses rank), and even if it does, going down multiple games worth of rep in an overnight period seems excessive.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Unrelated but does rep decay?

I don't give a shit about my rep level since it doesn't really do anything but basically every day I log in and I'm a level below what I was the day before, I play a couple games and get it back and get the CONGRATS YOU LEVELED UP banner again, and then repeat the whole thing all over again the next day.

Obviously I'm on the cusp on that level but I didn't think it decayed and even if it does, should it really be that fast that overnight drops me? If it was one time I'd call it a fluke but it's been the last three or four days in a row.

I don't really care about the number, but I do find it odd.
    Endorsement rep does decay. If you go 3-4 matches at 4 without getting any endorsements then you'll drop back to 3. It's not related to time, just matches played.

I believe it's also tied to endorsements given as I dropped from 4 to 3 even though I was getting endorsements every game.

It's absurd how unplayable this game is due to throwers.

First game, Mei that constantly walled off my ulti from enemy team when playing dva.

Second game, attack torb, doesn't kill anyone at all, places turret in spawn.

Third game, everyone picks dps.

Fourth game, someone throws because someone else picked the character he wanted.

Fifth game, 4 people in a team, everyone picks tank.

They need to do something about throwers. It's impossible to play the game.

play quickplay/arcade
    been playing for a week again after a ~6 months break
    and I ahve more fun in quickplay/arcade than in comp
    and surprisingly people in arcade/quickplay play better than in comp....
    and are more willingly to switch heroes if they see current setup doesnt work

Last day of the season, told myself I’ll play till I lose 1. Had a game where I made a comment that if our Widow can’t outsnipe the enemy teams sniper they should probably change to something else and we can alter the comp. Get told that someone who’s a rank 1 Plat Lucio player has no right to say anything and that I need to stfu.
    Extremely confused lol.
    So far though, interesting last day. I went into a corridor as Rein with a charge, year my teammate go “help our Rein, help our Rein he’s alone,” just for me to follow up with a Hammer Down and get a 3 kill for the same teammate to go “nevermind...he’s okay.”
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2018-10-28 at 12:00 AM.

I finally get something decent for a PotG as wm, but of course a Rein gotta get it with his ult that killed 2 people D:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    I finally get something decent for a PotG as wm, but of course a Rein gotta get it with his ult that killed 2 people D:
    Sounds about right. Triple kill, all headshots, certain POTG right? Wrong. Torb hammering his turret for a 2 kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Sounds about right. Triple kill, all headshots, certain POTG right? Wrong. Torb hammering his turret for a 2 kill.
    I don't know how many headshots I got, but I killed 4 people - 1 of them Soldier using his ult - that mainly got damaged by other people in my team, but I see that in PotGs all the time. I mean it's not that good since I didn't kill them all on my own, but I'm still grumpy that I didn't get PotG with WM now that I finally got something I don't have to be totally embarrassed about :P Usually when I get PotG with her it's awful gameplay by me :P

I also really don't mind when tanks get PotG(this one by Rein was so lackluster though). I think it's great as it might get people to play them more. I really wish they would make it easier for supports to get PotG also. I mainly play support but it's so hard to get PotG compared to playing dps. Especially as Mercy now that she doesn't have mass ress.

I could actually just show it:
    https://streamable.com/zalv7
    Last edited by Explicit Teemo Nudes; 2018-10-31 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    I don't know how many headshots I got, but I killed 4 people - 1 of them Soldier using his ult - that mainly got damaged by other people in my team, but I see that in PotGs all the time. I mean it's not that good since I didn't kill them all on my own, but I'm still grumpy that I didn't get PotG with WM now that I finally got something I don't have to be totally embarrassed about :P Usually when I get PotG with her it's awful gameplay by me :P

I could actually just show it:
    https://streamable.com/zalv7
    It's some kinda algorithm involving how much Fire is generated. Ults and Environment kills are worth a ton.

Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    It's some kinda algorithm involving how much Fire is generated. Ults and Environment kills are worth a ton.
    Yeah I know, but maybe ults shouldn't count as much as they do. I will be more impressed by an Ana sleeping someone and then killing two people or saving someone in her team, rather than a Reaper killing 3 people with his ult.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they changed it again sometime this year to increase even more the weight given to streaks or kills that happen closer to the end of the timer. I've seen a lot where plays killing two people get PotG when earlier in the match there was a quad or better. I mean, I get it if those two kills were what let you take the point or move the payload those last few meters but that's not really what I'm seeing.

Had a game last night actually where their reaper got off a phenomenal x5 kill on our team and they ended up getting a team kill... but PotG was a Junkrat tire that got three people. As far as I can tell, the only real relevant difference was that Junk's happened in the last minute of the game while the Reaper one was halfway through.

I don't know, but it's made for some lame plays lately.

| twitch | bsky
    |

I think they changed it again sometime this year to increase even more the weight given to streaks or kills that happen closer to the end of the timer. I've seen a lot where plays killing two people get PotG when earlier in the match there was a quad or better. I mean, I get it if those two kills were what let you take the point or move the payload those last few meters but that's not really what I'm seeing.

Had a game last night actually where their reaper got off a phenomenal x5 kill on our team and they ended up getting a team kill... but PotG was a Junkrat tire that got three people. As far as I can tell, the only real relevant difference was that Junk's happened in the last minute of the game while the Reaper one was halfway through.

I don't know, but it's made for some lame plays lately.
    There’s so many hidden metrics, who knows how it’s done. I haven’t seen a PotG announce Lifesaver or Shutdown in a while, but I’m sure those still count.
    I had a game of mystery heroes where I outdid myself for PotG and left me headscratching. On Gibraltar, I started as Widow and got 3 headshot kills in the opening 30 seconds, thought “damn maybe I’ll get sharpshooter!” I died just before 1st point, got Junk and proceeded to Triple kill with a tire followed by mine to the face for a 4th. Thought, “nope, that might be PotG.”
    What was PotG? At the end I was on Symmetra and our teams Mercy ran to me at low health and I lucky full orb hit a Tracer in the face followed by Turrets melting the pursuing Reaper. 2 kills from standard attack. Only thing I can think of is Lifesaver on Mercy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I saw a Shutdown earlier this week, so those still are weighed, although seemingly less than they used to. A long time since I've seen a lifesaver.

I know PotG is just a flavour thing and doesn't mean anything, but they're fun to watch. Every time they iterate on the metric weights, it seems to result in more and more boring plays, and it makes me sad. That's not to say there weren't always dumb plays (this friend's one from early launch is still one of my favourites) but they really do seem to be picking weirder and less exciting ones in the last few months.

| twitch | bsky
    |

I saw a Shutdown earlier this week, so those still are weighed, although seemingly less than they used to. A long time since I've seen a lifesaver.

I know PotG is just a flavour thing and doesn't mean anything, but they're fun to watch. Every time they iterate on the metric weights, it seems to result in more and more boring plays, and it makes me sad. That's not to say there weren't always dumb plays (this friend's one from early launch is still one of my favourites) but they really do seem to be picking weirder and less exciting ones in the last few months.
    Fully agree. We’ve had a few where people on both teams laughed at them and were asking how that was PotG after other things that had happened.

- - - Updated - - -

Ugh, 1st placement of the season I get DCd 5 seconds into the match starting. Instant loss penalty and 10 min suspension. Thought this shit was supposed to be fixed?

10+ Year Old Account
    5 wins from 5 in placements so far. This won't last.

Enjoying some Wrecking Ball though for now though, people shit on Minefield a lot but actually with smarts you can get a lot out of it; either give them a choice 'contest or die', or well, 'die or die' and of course you can combo with Zarya.

https://plays.tv/video/5bdb75b6be1fb...sts-?from=user

https://plays.tv/video/5bdb75feaa737...ombo?from=user

Placements are done. I decided to just play whatever hero I wanted and not care about wins. Finished with 3 wins 7 losses and stayed at my same rank from last season.
    Now that placements are done, back to playing seriously.

Getting ready for hog buffs and mastering hook. 7-3 w/l in qualofiers. Also gonna try onetricking in current season.

I've either seen or gotten a lifesaver sometime in the past month, so they are still there. All the Sharpshooters I've seen recently are Widow.