Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Well alright ye convinced me. I'm gonna go check the junk heap again.

See you in like 30 minutes when WoW finally loads (anyone else take that long? I'm feeling like I should reinstall when 8.1 drops.)
    Got an SSD?
    Crimea is Ukraine!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    While several of those races you listed are indeed cool. Almost none are integral parts of the BfA story arc, which is what I assume Blizzard would like to go with. Plus Sethrak are the perfect natural foils to their likely Vulpera counterpoints.

Anyway, point stands. Fucking Junker Gnomes?! If they're anything more than a customization option after a quest line, well... fuck that shit.
    Someone summed 1/2 of my gripe with Junker Gnomes well earlier.

If they flesh them out and diverge them from their source race, like the Nightborne or the Vulpera, then it'll be reasonable. If it's just "Gnomes with cyborg arms and legs" there'll be a riot. Especially compared with Vulpera which saying they're furry Goblins is an insult to the amount of work that went into them.

The other half is just

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Got an SSD?
    Neeee-ope.

- - - Updated - - -

Well alright ye convinced me. I'm gonna go check the junk heap again.

See you in like 30 minutes when WoW finally loads (anyone else take that long? I'm feeling like I should reinstall when 8.1 drops.)
    Okay there.

The Junk Heap doesn't look much like the Silver/Gold appearance of that Mechabird, nor that Prarie Dog.

It looks more like Kul'tiras in general. Ruddy, Red, and aged.

Honestly I think both of those look more like traditional Gnomish engineering. Stuff you'd see around Gnomeregan, or even Mekkatorque's mech.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Made a whole thread about it...
    I thought that was about the expansion Tides of Vengeance. I don't think anyone can possibly believe there is a relation between that and 8.1. Maybe we inspired Blizzard with all those fake leaks?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    *Droid :]
    This is not the Droid you are looking for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    My issue with Junker gnomes is that they seem exactly the same with Lightforged Draenei; they take the main thematic element of a race and crank it up. They are gnomier gnomes.
    Which is why I don't think they'll be paired with Vulpera. Vulpera are a far cry from their 'parent' race with the amount of work done to them and would fill a rather unique niche among the Horde player race line up. Junker Gnomes would be more gnomier gnomes, and they'd fill exactly the same niche on the Alliance, tiny framed, quirky, techie race. Not saying Junker Gnomes will never be a player race (though I wish they wouldn't), but Blizzard would be nuts to think they would be a fair trade vis-à-vis Vulpera.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    I thought that was about the expansion Tides of Vengeance. I don't think anyone can possibly believe there is a relation between that and 8.1. Maybe we inspired Blizzard with all those fake leaks?
    Might be like the Eye of Azshara thing again.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Which is why I don't think they'll be paired with Vulpera. Vulpera are a far cry from their 'parent' race with the amount of work done to them and would fill a rather unique niche among the Horde player race line up. Junker Gnomes would be more gnomier gnomes, and they'd fill exactly the same niche on the Alliance, tiny framed, quirky, techie race. Not saying Junker Gnomes will never be a player race (though I wish they wouldn't), but Blizzard would be nuts to think they would be a fair trade vis-à-vis Vulpera.
    I mean until I see a Junker Gnome I'll go out on that limb and say they dont exist and people were reading too deep into a one-off quest and a pet.

I mean until I see a Junker Gnome I'll go out on that limb and say they dont exist and people were reading too deep into a one-off quest and a pet.
    How else can you even read the collective information, though?

The quest doesn't make much sense as a one-off. It's a completely unique area that (along with the quest) is disconnected from anything else on Kul Tiras. It's a mystery quest but the mystery isn't solved (it isn't even hinted at, it just abruptly ends with "I'll call you when I figure anything out."). Why add it if it's actually a one-off?

We have an area that was originally called the Rusted Vault and then renamed the Junkheap, with a sealed door. We have file references to prototype "Junker Gnome Caverns". We have a bunch of ruined gnome buildings with file references to "junker" and a pet with a file reference to "Junker" that is half-mechanical in the style of mechagnomes.

I don't think it's reading into anything too much. I think it's pretty much the only way to read all of it. It doesn't mean we'll absolutely end up with Junker Gnomes, but they were absolutely an intended thing going into the beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    How else can you even read the collective information, though?

The quest doesn't make much sense as a one-off. It's a completely unique area that (along with the quest) is disconnected from anything else on Kul Tiras. It's a mystery quest but the mystery isn't solved (it isn't even hinted at, it just abruptly ends with "I'll call you when I figure anything out."). Why add it if it's actually a one-off?

We have an area that was originally called the Rusted Vault and then renamed the Junkheap, with a sealed door. We have file references to prototype "Junker Gnome Caverns". We have a bunch of ruined gnome buildings with file references to "junker" and a pet with a file reference to "Junker" that is half-mechanical in the style of mechagnomes.

I don't think it's reading into anything too much. I think it's pretty much the only way to read all of it. It doesn't mean we'll absolutely end up with Junker Gnomes, but they were absolutely an intended thing going into the beta.
    My problem is none of it is used. If we assumed truth out of everything that was in the files but unused we'd still be waiting for the Siege of Stormwind raid.

The quest, which had that quest given even an inkling that it wasn't a one-shot I'd have a different tune here, entirely reads like a one-shot. It even ends with saying the scans showed no sign of the missing Gnomes. If that had mentioned that there were readings, that alone would have given this whole thing more creedance.

The quest, which had that quest given even an inkling that it wasn't a one-shot I'd have a different tune here, entirely reads like a one-shot. It even ends with saying the scans showed no sign of the missing Gnomes. If that had mentioned that there were readings, that alone would have given this whole thing more creedance.
    The gnome literally tells you he will contact you once he knows more. And besides, there are more hints for Cyborg Gnomes than there ever was for your precious void elves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone I don't like
    Something I perceive as stupid or overly emotional.
    A quote that justifies my ideology, or attributes my opposition's position to ignorance or selfishness. - Some Nobody

My problem is none of it is used. If we assumed truth out of everything that was in the files but unused we'd still be waiting for the Siege of Stormwind raid.

I just don't see it. This wasn't a random by the roadside quest to collect doodads. Someone on the dev time spent quite a bit of time creating the entire area. Are you really telling me that they made that whole area, made brand new assets (buildings, various gears, broken structures, a texture for that Kul Tiran gnome gear/anchor emblem, a brand new mechanical dog model), all for a one-off set of two quests that are "Where did the gnomes go?", "I don't know."?

That seems like a massive stretch, even without going into all the datamined stuff.

Really hoping the scrap heap and Mekkatorque stuff tie together to just be the gnome heritage armor and maybe some customization like the night warrior stuff. I can't think of any race I want less than junker/mecha gnomes.

Also, I think it's notable the most recent build added mechanical spiders. A mechanical creature you'd find in caves, which would also make a very good starter pet for a mechanical race living in caves.
    Mechanical spiders have been around since Legion. These "new" ones are just battle pet versions, I believe.
    Last edited by seleri; 2018-10-31 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    It's not just that, it's also the shoutouts. Kelsey comments how she'd like to be part robot. Gallywix wonders aloud if Gelbin is part robot.
    More accurately, she says she sometimes wishes she was a machine.

Also, I think it's notable the most recent build added mechanical spiders. A mechanical creature you'd find in caves, which would also make a very good starter pet for a mechanical race living in caves.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivinara View Post
    Mechanical spiders have been around since Legion. These "new" ones are just battle pet versions, I believe.
    Fair enough.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2018-10-31 at 07:04 PM.

I knew that someday all this joking about gnomes will bite us in the butt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivinara View Post
    Really hoping the scrap heap and Mekkatorque stuff tie together to just be the gnome heritage armor and maybe some customization like the night warrior stuff. I can't think of any race I want less than junker/mecha gnomes.
    I would take Junker Gnomes over High Elves every time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just don't see it. This wasn't a random by the roadside quest to collect doodads. Someone on the dev time spent quite a bit of time creating the entire area. Are you really telling me that they made that whole area, made brand new assets (buildings, various gears, broken structures, a texture for that Kul Tiran gnome gear/anchor emblem, a brand new mechanical dog model), all for a one-off set of two quests that are "Where did the gnomes go?", "I don't know."?

That seems like a massive stretch, even without going into all the datamined stuff.
    It's worth noting that Blizz is notorious for both A) changing their minds, and B) hinting at future content. They might have been planning Junker Gnomes at one point and "junked" them. Or perhaps this is a lead in to a Tinker class next expansion. Or perhaps there's some sort of underground area these new gnomes take us into which leads into Patch 8.3.

That's not to say that Junker Gnomes aren't an Allied Race to come, just that there's a few possible explanations.

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Yeah, that's why I say that maybe 8.3 races may not be tied to BfA, but be a prelude to whatever comes next. Late additions to the embasy are not impossible either. Saurfang was in the Horde embassy in 7.3.5, but was removed in BfA (because he was imprisoned after Lordaeron).

But, if not those, then who? Apart from all the others cited in my post, there's only the pandas available. And Nathanos, Tyrande and Velen. Could there be a hint in those? I can't think of anything in particular. "Dark Rangers" and broken? I really doubt it.
    Jinyu & Mogu could be who the Pandas bring in, or perhaps some other aggressive cousin of the Pandas. Nathanos could well bring in something like Dark Rangers. Velen could bring Broken/Krokul in or perhaps another race he saw on his travels. Tyrande perhaps is the hardest...maybe some sort of "Elune's Chosen" race or the like.

I suspect that the late additions theory may well be how this turns out, particularly if Calia/LF Undead are involved. It just seems weird to me to hold out on someone joining the embassy at this point when they are already in the story.
    Last edited by AngerFork; 2018-10-31 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Changed Point B to better reflect what I was saying. Also forgot to reply to a response I got last night.

So why has the PTR been down all day?

The thing that doesn't make sense to me is having Lightforged Draenei as a separate race, which are normal draenei that went through a "light ritual" to have the skin and some stuff different, but then Blizzard shows they can just add unlocable customization options to old races with the night warrior skin (and they could also add some hairstyles or whatever).

I hope that thos junker gnomes are not a new race when they could just give gnomes the night warrior treatment (unless they go completely crazy with the ar, like having a transformer mount form, mecha druid or something)

So given the two new splash screens, here's what I'm expecting

8.1 Release - Mid November. I'm guessing the 20th. Can be as early as 13th though. We'll get Darkshore Warfront, Incursions, and storyline to set up the raid.

Second splash screen signifies raid release that'll probably come after holidays, as well as 2nd season of pvp (top left window) and 2nd season of M+ with new Reaping affix (bottom left window)

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    Jinyu & Mogu could be who the Pandas bring in, or perhaps some other aggressive cousin of the Pandas. Nathanos could well bring in something like Dark Rangers. Velen could bring Broken/Krokul in or perhaps another race he saw on his travels. Tyrande perhaps is the hardest...maybe some sort of "Elune's Chosen" race or the like.

I suspect that the late additions theory may well be how this turns out, particularly if Calia/LF Undead are involved. It just seems weird to me to hold out on someone joining the embassy at this point when they are already in the story.
    Pandarens wouldn't bring anything, blizzard always repeat how they regret in making them neutral because they can't work in any storyline that involves some conflict between them, so expect them to fill the gag character slot and nothing more.

About the leaders, not everyone will recruit another guy, Alleria and Turalyon already recruited 2 new races that fills the elves and draenei sloth, maybe blizzard should have made Tyrande and Velen involve as well but we got that.

Calia and her light undeads are probably gonna be recruited by Genn with help of Anduin maybe because the stormwind humans already got their allied race with the kultirans, goblins and gnomes in another hand has already hinted their allies with the Vulpera toying with Goblins weapons in the WQ and there was a datamined island of mechagnomes, besides I can't think of another race for the gnomes to recruit besides of terminators midgets.

About the forsaken I bet the travel of Vol'jin into the shadowlands will bring some allies for the forsakens
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself