Poll: Do you agree with Don Lemon on this issue?

Page 35 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    All Muslims, or just some of the radical assholes? We have plenty of radical pastors and ministers in the United States calling for radical actions. If someone is violent, deal with him or her. If not, then don't.

I live in the United States, and the biggest threat is not likely to be from radical Islamists, as radical Christians and ethno-nationalists have far more power. We had three cases of domestic terrorism in a span of just over a week. We have white nationalists and racists in the White House as we speak, who have actual power and authority over policy. So yes, people like Trump and his dipshit goon squad are a far bigger threat.

- - - Updated - - -

It's a good thing I don't support Antifa, isn't it?

Yeah, you are still racists, even when you put your fingers in your ears.
    Calling for is somewhat different then doing it with the blessing of their leader wouldn´t you say?

I mean if you say something it´s not the same as doing it, but maybe that´s somewhat different in your imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    Calling for is somewhat different then doing it with the blessing of their leader wouldn´t you say?

I mean if you say something it´s not the same as doing it, but maybe that´s somewhat different in your imagination.
    I agree, it should be based on actions, and not on what someone else feels or believes. Some Muslims are radical, violent assholes, no doubt about it. The same can go for some Christians. Such beliefs and actions are far worse when the person is in a position of power, and that's the issue we have in the United States. Muslims don't have any real power in this country, much less radical Islamists. Christians have significantly more power, to include the radical ones. Now, the tactics are different, as terrorism isn't really a necessity, when you have far more firepower at your disposal. In the United States, the far bigger threat comes form an authoritarian administration that actively puts racist and white nationalists in positions of power within its ranks. It's not Muslims who want to limit immigration, push a police state, and take away the freedoms of minorities.

Looks like 73 people here (so far) are racist.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    It wasn't nice and civilized to the people that were originally from the area.
    You mean the Dutch seedlers which bought unused land from the people who didn´t even used it and trough hard work cultivated it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I agree, it should be based on actions, and not on what someone else feels or believes. Some Muslims are radical, violent assholes, no doubt about it. The same can go for some Christians. Such beliefs and actions are far worse when the person is in a position of power, and that's the issue we have in the United States. Muslims don't have any real power in this country, much less radical Islamists. Christians have significantly more power, to include the radical ones. Now, the tactics are different, as terrorism isn't really a necessity, when you have far more firepower at your disposal. In the United States, the far bigger threat comes form an authoritarian administration that actively puts racist and white nationalists in positions of power within its ranks. It's not Muslims who want to limit immigration, push a police state, and take away the freedoms of minorities.
    I agree that ANY religion (maybe not the Sihks and a correctly used Buddhismn) is bad and should be get rid off.

And the other thing is that what you´re saying is in their right to do. The same goes for the Dems if they would do something similar. As long as it´s within the boundarys of the law you can howl and screech all you want, they´re doing nothing wrong, because, as said before they´re still in the boundarys.

Now IF they´re outstepping them bring down the hammer of justice with all their might.

I agree that ANY religion (maybe not the Sihks and a correctly used Buddhismn) is bad and should be get rid off.
    Of course you are playing into the false equivalency game, claiming that a religion that still burns people alive is the same thing as a religion that hasn't done that for centuries.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Don Lemon seems a little sour about white men....

seriously though, fuck that guy.

and anyone who agrees.

and the horse they rode in on.

anyone have his phone number so i can tell him myself?

Quote Originally Posted by LonerStoner View Post
    Statistically speaking you're far more likely to be killed by a black male just doing his hood shit than a white male that has gone off the deep end of political radicalization no matter your race. Blacks are also about 3 times more likely to commit a hate crime than a white person. So by Don Lemon's own metric we should really just be afraid of black people.
    You’d be wrong as most murders are intraracial. You’re more likely to get killed by a white person doing hood shit if you’re white than a black person. I also like how don is setting it up for discussion while people here look at stats and day blacks are bad. Don says stats show terrorism is growing within that group. Let’s talk about it.

Blacks don’t deny issues about gang violence there are constant protests over it. Whites on this forum like to live in bubbles and ignore the issues if they’re coming from white people. Gang rape by white college men? Well maybe the girl was a misremembering white. Gang rape by brown people? Fucking deport the trash is what’s said.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    So, by his logic, it's okay that police officers stop black individuals more often because they commit more crimes, and not actual racism?? Should the US ban black people?

Christ, what a dumb statement...
    Nothing in his statement leads to action so why does your statement? If someone says we have a problem with growing terror threats from right wing white men why is that how is that tantamount to what you’re saying?

Quote Originally Posted by Fat People Falling View Post
    Considering 70% of politically motivated killings and terror incidents are committed by right wing extremists, 25% by Islamic extremists and only 5% by left wing extremists... and then consider most right wingers are white males, so I guess Don would be right but I don’t agree with bringing race into it. The blame is on far right people in general, and those are who we should be afraid of. Not white people.
    Couple of things, they aren't terrorists because they are white so mentioning this is just giving fire to Islamophobia. It is very counter productive. People do not get involved in these sort of activities due to religion or skin color. Most terrorists are poor and disenfranchised and fixing that is the only way we will ever solve the problem.

...and 95% of terror incidents are right-wing. Of that 95%, 25% is committed by Muslim right-wing nutters and 70% by other right-wing nutters.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Looks like 73 people here (so far) are racist.

What about that statement is racist or untrue. It doesn’t lead to stereotyping all whites. We can talk about Muslim terrorism issues without being racist towards saudis but apparently we can’t do the same for whites?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Najnaj View Post
    Couple of things, they aren't terrorists because they are white so mentioning this is just giving fire to Islamophobia. It is very counter productive. People do not get involved in these sort of activities due to religion or skin color. Most terrorists are poor and disenfranchised and fixing that is the only way we will ever solve the problem.

...and 95% of terror incidents are right-wing. Of that 95%, 25% is committed by Muslim right-wing nutters and 70% by other right-wing nutters.
    Race matters though. Let’s not pretend it doesn’t for we have had several right leaning terrorist attacks on groups specifically for not being white.

You mean the Dutch seedlers which bought unused land from the people who didn´t even used it and trough hard work cultivated it?

- - - Updated - - -

And the other thing is that what you´re saying is in their right to do. The same goes for the Dems if they would do something similar. As long as it´s within the boundarys of the law you can howl and screech all you want, they´re doing nothing wrong, because, as said before they´re still in the boundarys.

Now IF they´re outstepping them bring down the hammer of justice with all their might.
    I have no desire to take away someone's freedom of religion. Let them have their religion, otherwise, I am simply choosing to be an authoritarian, just like them. What we should not tolerate, is violent and authoritarian action.

When it comes to actions, the main threat in the United States is from violent Christians, ethno-nationalists, and white nationalists... as we've seen in recent weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post

Blacks don’t deny issues about gang violence there are constant protests over it. Whites on this forum like to live in bubbles and ignore the issues
    i would say that the white people that commit crimes just get thrown in jail (as they should) and no one bats an eye. black guy commits the same crime, gets arrested, lets call NBC and CNN to make sure he wasn't falsely accused!

honestly, i'm starting to wonder if it's just people named Don that are the problem
    and Craig
    and Hoda
    and Savannah
    and the clown car that is CNN

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf the Happy Husky View Post

and anyone who agrees.

So you like denial of current facts. Good job go on and continue to be blissfully unaware.

and anyone who agrees.

Not that you are wrong but....

If this is how you feel after one statement, imagine how a hardworking Muslim family (or make that Muslim looking family) feels by now. 17 years of this shit, day in and day out.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    So you like denial of current facts. Good job go on and continue to be blissfully unaware.
    and you like to shit stir me thinks

- - - Updated - - -

Not that you are wrong but....

If this is how you feel after one statement, imagine how a hardworking Muslim family (or make that Muslim looking family) feels by now. 17 years of this shit, day in and day out.
    hey im with ya, good PEOPLE deserve to be treated fairly.

i would say that the white people that commit crimes just get thrown in jail (as they should) and no one bats an eye. black guy commits the same crime, gets arrested, lets call NBC and CNN to make sure he wasn't falsely accused!

honestly, i'm starting to wonder if it's just people named Don that are the problem
    and Craig
    and Hoda
    and Savannah
    Unfortunately we have very solid statistics that show that this is not only untrue but that the exact opposite is true.

and Craig
    and Hoda
    and Savannah
    Yet we can just look to drugs to see the disparity. Why do blacks make up more people in jail for drug crimes when whites use drugs more and sell them more than any other race. In fact they are OVER-REPPRESENTED yet woefully under represented in jail for that offense. How does that happen? Why do blacks who use heroin end up in jail for longer sentences while whites end up not getting the same charges. Charged for something lesser or serve no jail time? Our own government has acknowledged the disparity but sure it surely isn’t about race and all is equal in justice. If you’re not black or Latino that is.

If you have a group that makes up 13% and say 14% of drug offenses and a group that makes up 68% and 80% of drug offense you wouldn’t expect 70% in jail to be of the prior group. It seems targeted
    Last edited by Themius; 2018-11-01 at 12:19 PM.

Unfortunately we have very solid statistics that show that this is not only untrue but that the exact opposite is true.
    if you're looking at rich white men stats, maybe. but thats not because they're white. thats because they're rich.

every white boy i grew up with that fucked up bad got jail time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don Lemon is a racist piece of shit and this thread is just a bait for the forum racist to come and shit on white people, and it's still up despite being racist propaganda and indulging in conspiracy theories. Mods are still biased, but soon it will end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I think many people will agree that genocide can be justified.

and you like to shit stir me thinks

- - - Updated - - -

hey im with ya, good PEOPLE deserve to be treated fairly.

So are we not to talk about Muslim terrorist? We can talk about terrorist growing out of say Iraq without also being racist towards Iraq. Simply acknowledging there is a terrorist problem from a specific group isn’t tantamount to also passing judgements on the entire group.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    Don Lemon is a racist piece of shit and this thread is just a bait for the forum racist to come and shit on white people, and it's still up despite being racist propaganda and indulging in conspiracy theories. Mods are still biased, but soon it will end.
    I mean apparently a thread noting rise of white terrorism in America which is a leading threat of terror is racist towards whites. Unlike those attacks in Jews and blacks. Let’s just pretend there isn’t a problem with the retiring in this country leading to more crimes of this nature.
    Last edited by Themius; 2018-11-01 at 12:18 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    The reality is that most terrorism in the US is done by white people. Sorry if this bursts your bubble, and you are entitled to your own opinions on this matter, but you are not entitled to your own facts.

There is even a nice report that shows the facts - https://www.gao.gov/assets/690/683984.pdf

Go ahead and jump down to Appendix II...you will see that the majority of the list are white people.