Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Of course, both Warcraft 2 and C&C series modernized RTS, both sold millions.

Warcraft 1 was a reaction to Dune 2 basicly. So both companies certainly had big influence on the RTS genre's popularity.
    Even Age of Empires was a reaction to Warcraft - those were the days...

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

As much as I hope to see it being a thing, I doubt that it will happen. Maybe Blizzard should release a remastered Warcraft 3 in 2020 alongside the C&C remaster, which might shake the RTS genre up some more.

Quote Originally Posted by rbigrq View Post
    why? warcraft 2 was never very popular.

Remaster warcraft 3 is the wonderful idea which also means the model of DotA is getting revamped. It is not just RTS but Moba as well.
    I love WC2. It's from a time when games were all about gameplay - similar to how old-school JRPG's were, before they went into 1 hour of gameplay and 40 hours of cutscenes. WC2 was about dozens of hours of gameplay, and a few minutes of cutscenes.

It's fun and easy at first, but then becomes brutal, demanding a significant attention to detail, especially where the X-pac for WC2 comes into play (Beyond the Dark Portal). If Nintendo-hard became a thing, so should Blizzard-hard.

All the Warcraft games are good, how about that. It depends on the type of individual you've become. Do you need pretty graphics or an intense game of micro-managing?

For me, I'd rather have a Warcraft 2 remake with all xpacs. I really miss the challenge of old-school RTS games.

But..... If they add microtransactions, I'm out.

I'd play the hell out of a remastered Warcraft 3.

I hope they make it. It may draw a lot of new players into WoW too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BetrayedOf52 View Post
    I think diablo, classic wow and other projects first. maybe next year during a drought
    Would be nice if they put all the games in a package like they did Starcraft Classic. Both Diablo games & all 3 Warcraft games.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

If they redo wc3, I could see them throwing in wc1&2 as xtra campaigns.

D4, WoW 2 or WC4 for the love of god please. Oh, and without the rehashed story arcs like SC2. kthxbai.

'Remastered games' are great for people that never played those games. I don't need to burn more time playing what I've already played.

Something new that isn't a shooter or card game would be great.
    Last edited by Elestia; 2018-10-23 at 05:56 AM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
    D4, WoW 2 or WC4 for the love of god please. Oh, and without the rehashed story arcs like SC2. kthxbai.

'Remastered games' are great for people that never played those games. I don't need to burn more time playing what I've already played.

Something new that isn't a shooter or card game would be great.
    .... Or for people who want to replay those games, because those games can't run on newer computers or similar issues....

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Rather they made Warcraft 4. Let us play a story again in the RTS genre. Recently I have played(yet again) through the WC games, and its quite nice. Sure it looks like garbage, but its still fun and nostalgic. Played WC games SO much in my young days

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Rather they made Warcraft 4. Let us play a story again in the RTS genre. Recently I have played(yet again) through the WC games, and its quite nice. Sure it looks like garbage, but its still fun and nostalgic. Played WC games SO much in my young days
    but warcraft universe is ruined by wow. How could they make warcraft 4?

With story? oh I dont know.. they could just create new lore to it? In fact, with BfA having faction war as a big theme, a warcraft 4 now would be perfect. Orc vs Humans and all that.

Its better to make a new WC game than just remaster old games. imagine if they never made SC2 and just did remaster of Starcraft and called it a day. SC2 is such a good RTS game. Sure SC remastered is decent, but I(and I think most people), prefer SC2.

Its also plain boring having gaming companies just remastering old games.

A lot of people have predicted this.

I’d prefer a WC 1-3 remaster all in a new engine.
    It’d be awesome to fight the first war in more than 16bits.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daniri View Post
    Don't forget that secret event they had earlier this year where they invited WC3 pros and never told us anything about.
    Wasn’t that right before the patch rolled out for 24 player capacity and such?

Well considering the Warcraft 3 Remaster is already almost done and they have knowingly been working on it since last year I expect it soon. As for Diablo 2 remaster, that won't happen since they no longer have the source code. You will likely see them do a remake in the D3 engine or a new custom engine.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Personally, I would love to see a remake of WC1+WC2+WC3 and call it just "Warcraft", just imagine a Warcraft game with the Starcraft 2 campaign style, where you can talk with characters before every mission, and those ingame cutscenes. Obviously it would be a gigantic effort, but at least they know what to do with the campaign based on the original games.

They could even monetize it by selling skins for the races, like an Iron Horde reskin for the Horde, or a Draenei skin for the Humans, and they could expand the story selling DLCs of campaigns to tell untold stories, like what happened in those 4 years between TFT and WoW, how the Forsaken joined the Horde, and the Night Elves the Alliance, or expand the universe by making episodic DLCs about the Army of the Light and those 1.000 years, showing new planets, new races and all that.

The only reason I see for Blizzard not to do it, is that maybe if they focus on Warcraft as an RTS they will end up killing Starcraft 2, and then that franchise won't have a proper representation in the family of games. I wouldn't mind but...I don't know, I just hope they take advantage of this wave of nostalgia that is impregnating the videogame industry and just bring those old Warcraft games to modern times.

A new Warcraft game would be sweet. Please no remaster. Just lazy

it would be neat, i've been playing WC3 quite a bit lately and it holds up super well, i think i prefer SC2's lack of hero's as the hero levelling really slows the game down in a bad way but the core gameplay is great, the artstyle is charming in lowpoly and that music is a hell of a nostalgia trip.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    They can Write book Chronicles about WoW story, so sure they can write some Warcraft 4 story too.

Would rather have them remake the first 2 games, or all 3 if possible

10+ Year Old Account
    Remasters are basically free money nowadays, so they have no reason not to.

Give the units new models like AoE : DE did, and retexture everything, and they'd make back their money in a day.