Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewjoy View Post
    But we don't , there is simply nobody to kill for the weekly quest as the alliance have all turned it off.
    well then most people dont care about wpvp then?

10+ Year Old Account
    World PvP was a thing from vanilla toward WOTLK. After WOTLK not anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by xindralol View Post
    It sucks because of the scaling bullshit and incentives to form large groups to systematically gank everyone in sight. World PvP shouldn't have its own rewards.
    This is the main culprit.

It doesnt matter if your are 385+ or 300 geared a bunch of fresh 120 in a group can gank every same sized full geared group for ever.

And since you can exploit the system for even more advantage as a fresh 300, its even worse.

Worst feature

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    World PvP was a thing from vanilla toward WOTLK. After WOTLK not anymore.
    World PVP died with flying mounts in TBC. A lot of servers then were mostly populated by one faction.

You could even argue true world pvp ended with the introduction of bg's.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2018-11-01 at 01:56 PM.

We used to have "wpvp zones": Wintergrasp, Tol Barad, Ashran. They all featured a common system to force faction balance within a reasonable margin: queuing and being called to battle. Open as many warmode shards as you can fill by having whatever population per shard... equally divided between the factions. Backfill with people in the queue and close shards when the population tilts too far. Hearthing, accepting a summons, getting on a flightpath, or taking a portal knocks you out of war mode. You can queue from any zone through the pvp interface and then quest or whatever as you wait to be called up.

As having a numerically balanced war mode is a disadvantage to the faction with superior numbers (and developer love and support), I do not expect any such action toward balancing war mode to be taken.

Deleted
    I wrote this in another thread, but the main problem with warmode is that the horde playerbase is much larger than the alliance playerbase.
    This is not something that has happened overnight, this is years and years of giving one faction (Horde) huge advantages in PvE with powerful racials which overtime drives the majority of the large raiding guilds to faction transfer horde to seek out those advantages, and eventually more regular players start doing the same thing because all of the high end guilds are Horde in the end.

Right now the racials aren't even the main drive anymore to create a character on horde, the recruitment pool for guilds are so much larger now on horde that it would be crazy to create an alliance guild right now without absurd bonuses in PvE. For more casual players you will still have a much easier time to find groups, raids and everything else that requires grouping up with other players on horde aswell.

Just look at wowprogress.com if you don't believe me, high end horde PvE guilds outnumber alliance ones with something like 10 to 1 these days.

How to solve it? Short term probably impossible, long term it would be possible, but to get guilds to actually faction transfer over to a faction where recruitment of players is much harder, you would need some pretty spicy racial advantages to suffer through that disadvantage. We are talking something like that old troll racial 5% dps to certain bosses or better for guilds to even consider this when alliance high end raiding is in the state it is in.
    Last edited by mmoc29e4727ea9; 2018-11-01 at 02:10 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    Warmode is an absolute failure.

Warmode was brought into BfA to "save" World PvP.

It did the exact opposite.

Today, only Horde use Warmode. They have permanent 15% bonus on all rewards, with no punishment.
    As horde I would agree with this 100%.

After leveling I turned it off but it made summoning stones annoying as most horde have it on, so I switched it back to on. I now have it on with all 3 toons I am playing
    and can quest all over alliance territory hardly ever seeing and ally. It is funny when meeting at summoning stones and seeing ally, they don't dare rock the boat for fear of lynching and often get attacked as they run frantically into instances lol.

It is a mess. Rewards are crap and there is just no reason to turn it on as ally. Hell I would have it off if it wasn't for summoning inconveniences.

P.S. Actually the bonus is 10%.
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

Easy fix:

1) Make it so you can only "engage" players within 3 levels either way. Stopping ganking of lowbies. This one thing alone has caused most people to stay away from PvP permanently. It's one thing to engage people around your level... but to be 1 shot but someone much higher level is not fun. At least not for the lowbie.

2) Make BGs worthwhile again. This only comes from having gear from vendors. It used to be that people who didn;t care for PvP, did so anyway because of the weapons... and some of the gear you could get. This gave everyone an incentive to PvP and those that may have been put off by it found it to be more interesting when it was more fair. Then those that hated it still hated it, but did it anyway because it was WORTH it. It isn't worth PvPing anymore unless you love it.

3) Create PvP where it isn't faction based. It would be easy to create a system whereby people were given new models.. maybe one side Zandilari, the other side Kul'Tirin. One side could be comprised of 8 Horde and 4 Alliance players... and the other Maybe 10 Horde and 2 Alliance. Faction mean nothing and allows Blizzard to make groups very quickly. Insta queues. I know, "For the Horde"... "For the Alliance" That is dead.. has been a long time. BfA was supposed to re-ignite it? lol

Ran around Stormsong earlier this week with 7 guildies.

Alliance attempted to engage but waited till they got 20 people together before bum-rushing us.

War Mode is fine.

Blizzard should simply increase the reward of turning on Warmode for the underrepresented faction by up to 100%. If there are 50% or more horde, alliance get 100% more rewards than when playing horde in warmode. When there are 25% more horde, alliance get 50% more than horde. If the imbalance is below 5%, then the feature gets turned off.

Quote Originally Posted by pina View Post
    I wrote this in another thread, but the main problem with warmode is that the horde playerbase is much larger than the alliance playerbase.
    This is not something that has happened overnight, this is years and years of giving one faction (Horde) huge advantages in PvE with powerful racials which overtime drives the majority of the large raiding guilds to faction transfer horde to seek out those advantages, and eventually more regular players start doing the same thing because all of the high end guilds are Horde in the end.

Right now the racials aren't even the main drive anymore to create a character on horde, the recruitment pool for guilds are so much larger now on horde that it would be crazy to create an alliance guild right now without absurd bonuses in PvE. For more casual players you will still have a much easier time to find groups, raids and everything else that requires grouping up with other players on horde aswell.

Just look at wowprogress.com if you don't believe me, high end horde PvE guilds outnumber alliance ones with something like 10 to 1 these days.

How to solve it? Short term probably impossible, long term it would be possible, but to get guilds to actually faction transfer over to a faction where recruitment of players is much harder, you would need some pretty spicy racial advantages to suffer through that disadvantage. We are talking something like that old troll racial 5% dps to certain bosses or better for guilds to even consider this when alliance high end raiding is in the state it is in.
    My main so far in BfA has been a Human Paladin. Sure, there were always raids to join, but many of them were bad.

Now, on my Orc Warrior.. Lots of raids and the quality is much higher.

Heh

Want World PvP? Wait for Classic WoW to come out. World PVP has been "dead" for literally years.

Quote Originally Posted by FluxAureo View Post
    First step: Remove the 10% extra rewards. In reality this has translated into PvE Horde players just enjoying increased throughput via PVP talents and increased rewards WITHOUT DOING ANY WORLD PVP at all.

Second step: this is a hard problem since it stems from the unwillingness from the Alliance to do wPvP. I would use a Wintergrasp based buff i.e increasing stats/dmg/healing on unbalanced shards that will buff Alliance players (or Horde) for being outnumbered in WM shards. A lot of work to fine tune would be required and fixing a lot of corner cases that intelligent players will exploit.

I dont have a problem with WM per se. I have a problem with PvE players enjoying War Mode increased rewards and not interacting with any PvP.
    LOL. And why do you think the 10 % bonus is there in the first place. Blizzard knew nobody would turn the fucking thing on without a bribe.

It's not so much a failure of a concept, but implementation. Trying to force people into doing PvP, especially for crap rewards, is a failure on Blizzards part. If a majority of people wanted to PvP in the world, they would join PvP servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Yewen View Post
    Want World PvP? Wait for Classic WoW to come out. World PVP has been "dead" for literally years.
    And it will be no better liked in Classic than it is now.

10+ Year Old Account
    When are yall gunna learn that people toggle warmode on and off from day to day when they feel like pvping? It's practically a different situation from zone to zone.

For the record, if you have warmode on and you're running around on Zandalar you're gunna find a lot of horde. Imagine that!

Likewise, if you're running around on Kul Tiras as horde you're going to run into a ton of alliance who want to put their boot up your ass.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yewen View Post
    Can't wait to strip stark naked and stunlock vastly stronger toons to death with nothing but a skinning knife.

Mechagnome
    5+ Year Old Account
    As a fond Wpvper, I still remember the days on my old RP server where those of us "In the war" would be permanently flagged for PVP made for a lot of fun engagements. I was hoping warmode would be that way again but, as an Alliance player I am seeing it basically just come down to massive groups of roving horde, it has become a horrible gankfest of talentless zerging, I suppose in retrospect we all knew it would go this route, but the first few weeks it was truly fun.

If they want to fix it they either need to limit the shards somehow, as I am seeing a lot of new servers mixing in or add higher rewards for the under represented faction. Although I don't want to see people jumping for higher rewards the zergers are not the type I want to play with.

From the latest 8.1 datamines it looks like the warmode bonus is now a variable, so the underrepresented faction can get more than the normal 10% bonus. That might help balance things out a bit for people that don't mind PvP interrupting their PvE.

WAR_MODE_BONUS_PERCENTAGE_FORMAT (New) - |cff1eff00+%1$d%% War Mode Bonus|r
    WAR_MODE_BONUS_PERCENTAGE_XP_FORMAT (New) - |cff1eff00+%1$d%% War Mode Bonus|r

I'm not sure how high the bonus would need to be for me to consider leveling alliance with war mode active. 150%, maybe.

wasnt it known that alliance arent pvp oriented? what made blizzard think that 10% bonus would change that? is it an utter failure?? not yet but i assume it will be eventually when more alliance bail out. and im just guessing it will be removed in the next expansion. i dont really care that much tho since i dont use it. warmode is not fairmode so i'll stick to bgs if i feel like pvping where there is a relative balance
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?

Quote Originally Posted by Melius View Post
    wasnt it known that alliance arent pvp oriented? what made blizzard think that 10% bonus would change that? is it an utter failure?? not yet but i assume it will be eventually when more alliance bail out. and im just guessing it will be removed in the next expansion. i dont really care that much tho since i dont use it. warmode is not fairmode so i'll stick to bgs if i feel like pvping where there is a relative balance
    Well the 10% incentive really didnt work out for alliance. For horde its perfect. Do wpvp and gain 10% PvE stuff. Its a buff for literally nothing