Poll: Which hypothetical allied races would you actually want to play?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    I'm not interested about what you want them to add, but what you actually would put your hands on and play.

feel free to tell us why and what traits/skills you'd love to see as a racial

(You can vote for multiple races)
    Funny, all the horde ones get more votes....

And high elves....thought ( according to all the haters on this forum) i was the only one who wants to play them :P.

But for my side...( the alliance)

It will not be high elves. and we get to choose out of Sethrak, junker(mecha) gnomes, undead ( lightforged).

And all 3 are crap and should not be a allied race. Lets break down why:

Sethrak:
    - Its a silly race. We have 2 type of goats, 2 dwarfs, with bad luck 2 gnomes, smurf elves ...so enough is enough...ohhh and we get ugly fat humans with cheap druid forms.
    - the armor is like with gnomes and fat humans going to be a nightmare. Just think of helmets.
    - they are a 1 off story race with no potential or capitol. While the horde already has several with huge pieces of land etc.

Only positive is they might get cool druid forms...ohhh wait alliance gets crap..scrap that they will not get cool druid forms.

Junkers:
    - Same as sethrak...enough silly races. We need a cool warrior race ( a sexy one at that. sexy meaning normal looking and epic looking).
    - armor is going to be ugly on them.
    - junker ( mecha stuff) should be a option like gold eyes for blood elves...or emo eyes for night elves.

Only cool thing is that it might get us a new gnome city/town and story...ooohhh wait...its a alliance race. nevermind.

Undead:
    - first off unfair if we get them. We do not get high elves because they do not want to cross faction a species. So this should also not happen.
    - Taken undead in the alliance cool show the horde races in doubt ( or part of the races) that alliance is very open to you ( we have blood elves, undead then) in our ranks. So why should they stay in the horde?
    - they ( because they are alliance) will be designed very crap. So it will just be humans with gold eyes and nothing special.

I know i hate a lot about alliance races. But except for the most part ( not all) dark irons are the only exception that alliance allied races suck. Lightforged dreanei, void elves, kul tirans they all suck. They have a lot of design flaws and makes me think that blizzard thinks all alliance players are either 8 year old or 40 year old dads.

I would rather see Vry'kul as allied race. They would be cool, sexy ( as in normal looking and epic). Have great story potential etc etc.

But sadly i think for the most part your list is correct.
    And if more then 1 of your list goes to the alliance...i am quitting WoW...so done with this crap the alliance is getting.

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    And if more then 1 of your list goes to the alliance...i am quitting WoW...so done with this crap the alliance is getting.
    Don't worry. You'll come back when they add SLIM HUMANS ALLIED RACE!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    Many on the Horde base seem to call for Nathanos Styled undead and those can only happen when the Alliance gets an Orc allied race. So Nathanos-Undeads could only ever happen if we also get the Lightbound Orcs.
    Agree, I'm simply saying Humans clashing against Orcs is the most iconic thing about the Warcraft franchise and thus don't ever see it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    Don't worry. You'll come back when they add SLIM HUMANS ALLIED RACE!
    HAHAHHA nope. You clearly only read words that trigger you. I do not need slim allied races. They can be fat, small , huge....but not silly races. And all of the alliance ones ( with on most part) exception of dark irons are silly races.

And kul tirans should not be fat. They are supposded to be a warrior race. So they can look something like the mountain ( or a dreanei). Not look peter griffins idiot brother.

here like this ones:

instead of fat humans. This is a warrior race. This is what the alliance needs. not silly race 1001.
    Last edited by baskev; 2018-11-01 at 08:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Mogu and Mok’nathal.

But I’d rather they stop adding races and focus more on existing ones.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    Agree, I'm simply saying Humans clashing against Orcs is the most iconic thing about the Warcraft franchise and thus don't ever see it happening.
    I think they should add it. Just because I think that what the Alliance needs right now is Exarch Hellscream.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the Void of my sou... Bah, Argentina :D
    Happy to see the San'layn so high in the pool. Gimme too some Forsaken 2.0 HD... with elbows!

Vulpera is at the top of my most wanted allied race list. For those not on the list, Legion Eredar for horde to have a direct opposite of normal and LF Draenei, and Naga for alliance because why not.

So you put half-ogres on the list but no half-elves, come on don't you know this game is seriously lacking in elf races?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    I love that even though High Elves are so highly controversial, 40% would play as one. That's a good sign for an allied race, you either want to be a High Elf or you want to kill an High Elf.
    if they did make high elves for alliance, i'll reserve my name: imabelflol and just steamroll BGs as whatever fotm class is going, god i'd literally be cackling all the way to victory

Totally left out fish people and monkey men. Heck, the monkeys were already part of the horde guards in a WQ I saw. I want a fish though.

Besides these 7, i would also like to add 3 more:
    - Saberon
    - Mogu
    - Jinyu

If Blizzard released these 10 races i wouldnt need any other new allied race!

voted lf undead and mok'nathal
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    Ahh, WoW, the game that gives cosplayers a reason to dress up like medieval fantasy hookers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vulpera (H) and Sethrak (A) for me.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've said this before and I'll say it again, I think the proper approach for Allied Races is the kitchen sink approach. The more options players have, the better. Everyone has different races that they'd like to play.

For my part, here's what I'd personally like to see:

Horde: vulpera, darkfallen, Mok'nathal, hozen, mogu, Stonemaul ogres, Revantusk trolls, Dragonmaw orcs
    Alliance: junker gnomes, feral worgen, Broken draenei, jinyu, vrykul, high elves, furbolgs, Wildhammer dwarves

In the future I also think it'd be cool to get dragonkin allied races. They'd be based on existing playable races but with draconic features added, like scales, horns, and spines, similar to the models for the Aspects. Instead of a racial mount, they would start at level 1 with a Whelp Form racial ability that allows them to fly at reduced speed, eventually upgrading to a Drake Form that allows full speed flight, maybe at level 40-60.

Vrykul please!
    120 | 110 | 110 | 110 | 101 | 101 | 101 | 100
    91 | 91 | 80 | 70 | 70 | 60 | 60

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    I've said this before and I'll say it again, I think the proper approach for Allied Races is the kitchen sink approach. The more options players have, the better. Everyone has different races that they'd like to play.

For my part, here's what I'd personally like to see:

Horde: vulpera, darkfallen, Mok'nathal, hozen, mogu, Stonemaul ogres, Revantusk trolls, Dragonmaw orcs
    Alliance: junker gnomes, feral worgen, Broken draenei, jinyu, vrykul, high elves, furbolgs, Wildhammer dwarves

In the future I also think it'd be cool to get dragonkin allied races. They'd be based on existing playable races but with draconic features added, like scales, horns, and spines, similar to the models for the Aspects. Instead of a racial mount, they would start at level 1 with a Whelp Form racial ability that allows them to fly at reduced speed, eventually upgrading to a Drake Form that allows full speed flight, maybe at level 40-60.
    The kitchen sink approach sounds good, but Ion already stated i think that they don't want too many races and this system won't be mandatory in the next expansions.
    So we might get nothing in the next expac after last 4 races that they still have to uncover in bfa, because they like to abandon systems sadly.

We'll know what's up tomorrow, even tho im still on the side that enjoy BFA, years of waiting for the allied race system that dissapoints me in many ways so far feels bad already, so if i won't ogres of half ogres imma be mad. :P

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    High elves above all else, but if I had to add to that, then San'layn and Mechagnomes.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Deleted
    Had to vote for mechagnomes. But just because I want mecha
    goblins. Tinkers gon' be the next playable class. If not, ogres / mok'nathal for the horde for sure.

Half ogres for me. I like tall races.