View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Cross posting this, aaron banks has been referred for a criminal investigation for laundering russian money for the brexit campaign.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    This thing so many people either don't understand or refuse to understand, is that the EU is making friendly negotiations with the UK over Brexit, overly friendly negotiations.
    Utter tosh.

Is the EU really relevant to anyone anymore? Certainly not the UK, Portugal seems to think they are a shower of shit too.

Portugal prepares to SIDELINE Barnier and negotiate OWN deal with Britain.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...os-Silva-trade

European unity? What EU unity.

Portuguese foreign minister Augusto Santos Silva accused the EU of leaving his country in limbo because negotiators have failed to secure a timely Brexit deal. The foreign minister believes his country’s tourism, textile and automotive sectors will be heavily affected unless a sufficient Brexit deal is negotiated.
    And as I swap my winter holiday from Portugal or the Canaries to Barbados he is right to be concerned about his tourist industry. It is not just the UK that is leaving the EU, it's my £5k annual winter holiday too. Imagine if 17 million brexiteer Brits did exactly the same...
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Utter tosh.
    I'm sorry the facts of the matter don't tally with your opinions :P

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    I'm sorry the facts of the matter don't tally with your opinions :P
    Dribbles and facts are like Reese-Mogg and working class people.

Will never understand them, ignore them at best, utterly insulted that they even exist at worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    1. Leave the Euro, return to the DM. Increase the value of the DM until nobody can afford to buy from us ever again, thus destroying our economy and everyone is forced to buy Japanese cars. Or well, American trash. So yeah, Japanese cars.
    I love the tacit admission that the Euro is boosting Germany's export by devaluing its currency, but the refusal to admit the opposite that Italy and other Southern Europe economies don't have its export sector hampered by the Euro.

A system that benefits countries with strong economies and punish those that have weak ones. I love it.

@Kiri

Quote Originally Posted by Life Capital View Post
    I love the tacit admission that the Euro is boosting Germany's export by devaluing its currency, but the refusal to admit the opposite that Italy and other Southern Europe economies don't have its export sector hampered by the Euro.

A system that benefits countries with strong economies and punish those that have weak ones. I love it.

@Kiri
    Again, for the "special" people: Germany isn't responsible for Euro currency policy. The ECB is. If you want to bitch, bitch at them. Literally, we couldn't do anything about this even if we wanted to.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

@Kiri
    Yeah no, you misread his post.

Germany kept the value of its currency strong and constant for decades and still got its economy to grow into one of the strongest worldwide.
    Devaluation is not necessary to be able to export.

Just compare with Japan which constantly devaluated and thereby created crisis after crisis for itself.
    Or with Italy, with its banking problems.
    Devaluation is not a healthy way to increase exports, it is basically stealing from the workers and rentiees so the CEOs can make more money.

That is why Slant listed "leaving the Euro", "returning to the DM", and "increasing the value of DM".
    All three would be necessary to destroy Germany's economy.
    Last edited by Noradin; 2018-11-01 at 04:38 PM.

Deleted
    Current crazy theories about what Germany can do:

1. Leave the Euro, return to the DM. Increase the value of the DM until nobody can afford to buy from us ever again, thus destroying our economy and everyone is forced to buy Japanese cars. Or well, American trash. So yeah, Japanese cars.
    Competent assessment, as having the DM for 50+ years destroyed our economy year after year after year. No wait, it didn't.

Going back from the € garbage to a respectable currency might indeed terminate one or two million jobs in businesses depending on export. Even if we are generous and say, it would be three million new jobless (that would rival record unemployment) and another five million family members affected by those job cuts, that would still leave a country with 80+ million inhabitants with roughly a 90:10 winner:loser ratio going from a weaker to a stronger currency.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Just compare with Japan which constantly devaluated and thereby created crisis after crisis for itself.
    This is utter nonsense. From 1975 till today the Yen value (measured in $) almost tripled. Also Japan didn't have 'crisis after crisis'.

@Kiri
    I do not think that the system is necessarily designed for this as much as it simply is not made to have weak economies in it in the first place. I stand by my opinion that Italy, Greeze, and others should have never joined the Euro in the first place. They were not ready for it. On the flip-side, I am not sure if the Euro was, economically speaking, all that good for Germany, either. Let me rephrase that. Germany benefits from it, but a not having had it would have been better. It still constrains Germany. Maybe not as much as Bretton-Woods did, but still. Anyone would have been happier, economically speaking, if the Euro never happened - or had been more exclusive. Sadly, that was all politically motivated, because certain people wanted to make that push at a unique point in time where it was actually possible.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Dribbles and facts are like Reese-Mogg and working class people.

Will never understand them, ignore them at best, utterly insulted that they even exist at worse.
    Let me help you understand then. Here is an easy to follow fact as reported today...

ONS data on UK population reveals there were 1.6 million EU nationals in 2007
    A decade later in 2017 there were 3.8 million EU nationals living in Britain

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ED-decade.html

The only non understandable bit about it is if the EU is some kind of paradise why have millions and millions of EU refugees chosen to flee the Brussels dictators and take sanctuary in the freedom loving UK?

You know the UK, that place full of terrible brexiteers like me. The reality is eurochums you adore people like me and all want to live next to me and my views as my neighbour!

There has to come a time when enough of you is enough though, don't you agree? My love for all of you is getting spread a little thin.

Not long to go now, tick tock.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    This is utter nonsense. From 1975 till today the Yen value (measured in $) almost tripled. Also Japan didn't have 'crisis after crisis'.
    They repeatedly devalued their currency and they did have crisis after crisis because of that (devaluating their currency was a quick and dirty "fix" that kicked the can down the road a few month each time).

Deleted
    You know the UK, that place full of terrible brexiteers like me. The reality is eurochums you adore people like me and all want to live next to me and my views as my neighbour!
    Those guys trying to hug you - those are Romanian plumbers.

Btw Brits applying for Irish and German passports are at a record high, vast majority of them young and well educated.

- - - Updated - - -

They repeatedly devalued their currency and they did have crisis after crisis because of that (devaluating their currency was a quick and dirty "fix" that kicked the can down the road a few month each time).
    Why even repeat shit that contradicts every statistic? Yen and Swiss Franc were the two strongest major currencies of the last 50 years.

Why even repeat shit that contradicts every statistic? Yen and Swiss Franc were the two strongest major currencies of the last 50 years.
    That does not contradict my post.
    Learn to read more carefully.

Deleted
    That does not contradict my post.
    Learn to read more carefully.
    You have no clue about economics whatsoever. Link *one* report when the Japanese devalued thier currency. Can't be hard since they did it 'repeatedly', hmm superstar?

You have no clue about economics whatsoever. Link *one* report when the Japanese devalued thier currency. Can't be hard since they did it 'repeatedly', hmm superstar?
    https://www.vdcresearch.com/News-eve...-currency.html

I dunno, second hit on Google. It wasn't that hard to find.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

7+ Year Old Account
    Btw Brits applying for Irish and German passports are at a record high, vast majority of them young and well educated.
    Oh yes I fully accept Bob from Bromwich went to Ireland and Carl from Clacton went to Germany, poor miss guided souls, but they in no way mitigate the effects of millions of EU caravan refugees flooding the UK. I'm sure someone in the US today, with the Mexico equivalence, likened it to an invasion....

Let's hope Bob and Carl are ready to serve in the new EU army as the price they must pay for retained EU citizenship rights.

Good riddance if you ask me, the UK doesn't take conscripts any more.

Deleted
    I dunno, second hit on Google. It wasn't that hard to find.
    The third Google hit about 'alien abductions' is how Betty and Barney Hill from the New Hampshire Mountains were snatched in 1961. Finally proof. And, it wasn't that hard to find.

There never was 'crisis after crisis' as a result of Yen depreciation. It never happened. The claim is about as clueless and absurd as complaining about regular blizzards in Kongo.

The third Google hit about 'alien abductions' is how Betty and Barney Hill from the New Hampshire Mountains were snatched in 1961. Finally proof. And, it wasn't that hard to find.

There never was 'crisis after crisis' as a result of Yen depreciation. It never happened. The claim is about as clueless and absurd as complaining about regular blizzards in Kongo.
    I mean, dude... don't ask for sources if you haven't checked before that there aren't any. Don't get all pissy because I destroyed your argument with a truckload of fact. Make a better argument next time and don't tempt people like me to invest like 2s on Google to debunk what you said. Yeah, 2s. That's all it took me to fulfill your challenge.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oh yes I fully accept Bob from Bromwich went to Ireland and Carl from Clacton went to Germany, poor miss guided souls, but they in no way mitigate the effects of millions of EU caravan refugees flooding the UK. I'm sure someone in the US today, with the Mexico equivalence, likened it to an invasion....

Let's hope Bob and Carl are ready to serve in the new EU army as the price they must pay for retained EU citizenship rights.

Good riddance if you ask me, the UK doesn't take conscripts any more.
    oh dribbles, you never fail to amuse me, keep it going girly.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    This may surprise you, but the UK office for national statistics actually record and publish the figures for migration to the UK from EU/non-EU sources, and also migration from the UK.

I.E in 2015 ~178,000 EU workers migrated to the UK (that's the amount in, there were also 85,000 EU citizens leaving the UK in that year). During this same period 123,000 British citizens migrated from the UK.