Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PlazaPlaza View Post
    ... and now I'm limited to play even a demo.
    A demo is by nature limited, is it not?

They want to ensure that attendees and virtual ticket holders have the same experience, and I'm sure they want to manage the number of players accessing the demo servers since it's running for a limited time.

if you bought the ticket solely to play the demo than you're an idiot...no demo is ever worth that much money. They're doing the time limit because the demo must be shared between those at the con and those at home. they want as many people to play as is possible and they don't want a handful of people taking up the limited spots available because they refuse to get off. If you think you deserve unlimited time just because you're at home then you're just an entitled little brat
    We cannot go back. That's why it's hard to choose. You have to make the right choice. As long as you don't choose, everything remains possible.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyszka View Post
    I agree with releasing the information right away, BUT and a big BUT what if they had no plans to put the time limit in, until they realized oh crap we sold a lot more virtual tickets then we thought we would have?
    Probably this is exactly what happened. That's why I think they'll will ease limitation after Blizzcon (demo will last until 8. right? don't remember right now).

This is hilarious, hahahahahahahahahaha.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyszka View Post
    I agree with releasing the information right away, BUT and a big BUT what if they had no plans to put the time limit in, until they realized oh crap we sold a lot more virtual tickets then we thought we would have?
    -.- That is one of the major reasons why you add a time limit, what did you think you thought of something new and unheard of? It is a perfectly normal thing to do to make sure as many people as possible are able to sample the product.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    If you are getting the virtual ticket for anything other than watching Blizzcon, you're doing it wrong.
    These perks that come with the virtual ticket are the main reason they sell. You can watch everything at Blizzcon for free; someone is always streaming it somewhere.

All the news is updated to MMO-C as soon as it's announced.

In other words, if you're buying the virtual ticket to watch Blizzcon, you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    Don't you have a single friend that would watch Blizzcon with you? I invited 2 friends of me to my house and I paid for the Virtual Ticket while my friends pay for snacks and drinks.
    Sounds great and fair, have fun!

I have friends (Yes really..), but they are not interested (anymore) in Blizzard related products.

this cracks me up like crazy

lmao.. good ol blizz.

Deleted
    haha who buy ticket only for demo? i buy ticket to watch blizzcon demo is just bonus ...lol PEOPLE these days are crazy xD

Quote Originally Posted by Jahaga View Post
    These perks that come with the virtual ticket are the main reason they sell. You can watch everything at Blizzcon for free; someone is always streaming it somewhere.

All the news is updated to MMO-C as soon as it's announced.

In other words, if you're buying the virtual ticket to watch Blizzcon, you're doing it wrong.
    That's a great theory. But this is like saying you can watch any new release for free when it airs on FX in a few years.... when you a buy movie ticket you are actually buying the opportunity to sit in the dark for 2 hours.

The Virtual Ticket is sold to give you access to Blizzcon stages and show. The fact that you can get the info elsewhere is moot. Other things that come with the VT are promo items to sweeten the pot. If you have NO interest in watching Blizzcon and you spend that kind of money on the very insignificant perks that are add-ons... then it's hard to have sympathy when those perks aren't as awesome as you wanted them to be.

It's like marrying a woman because she tells you she is rich and you find out she isn't -- and then you're mad at her. You have only yourself to blame for "marrying for the wrong reasons." Rich metaphor, I know.

You bought the ticket for the wrong reasons. You want to blame the person who sold you the ticket when we all know you are to blame.

WHAT THE FUCK, this is serious bullshit, this demo was 1 of the biggest reason (took me over the edge) to take the virtual ticket and now I'm limited to play even a demo.

I'm always pro blizzard as you know but this is serious BULLSHIT.

Edit: More clear.
    So did the other person that your session is preventing from playing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Murder can be justified and to a certain extent I believe genocide can be justified aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    Can't believe people would pay $50,- to play this while u can play plenty of private servers..
    Classic isn't exactly the same as Vanilla. Classic will have widescreen resolution and several other quality of life changes (in the background). People want to see how Blizzard is going to present Classic as a "new" game; we know how they presented Vanilla already. Still, I wouldn't pay $50 for a demo, especially b/c it's time-limited; if BlizzCon gave an Alpha/Beta test buy-in, I might be interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Joolo View Post
    haha who buy ticket only for demo? i buy ticket to watch blizzcon demo is just bonus ...lol PEOPLE these days are crazy xD
    TBH, the most people buy it for the ingame stuff because it becomes unobtainable, me, you and they know it!

Seems reasonable if they're worried about crashes and login queues. Maybe more people bought the virtual ticket then they expected. Although that would be pretty funny if no one was able to login I'd consider that justice for my shitty BFA Launch experience.

People are such drama queens sometimes, holy shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindark View Post
    So did the other person that your session is preventing from playing.
    Tbh, a company like Blizzard know perfectly well how many people will play this demo.

There isn't that much of content to play and you have about a week to do so. Blizzard have high demand and want to make sure everyone will get a chance to try it out. They aren't gonna invest in a whole bunch of new server hardware to host something just for few days. And those limits aren't that strict, you can play for 1 hour every 90 minutes, that gives you 16 hours a day to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    Can't believe people would pay $50,- to play this while u can play plenty of private servers..
    That was my plan, just boot up my server, invite a friend and play vanilla. But I got my ticket for spending 5 hours on facebook streams so I'm gonna play the demo during breaks between panels I wanna watch.

Tbh, a company like Blizzard know perfectly well how many people will play this demo.
    Exactly. And people are getting upset that the most reasonable solution was the solution they implemented.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Murder can be justified and to a certain extent I believe genocide can be justified aswell.

Here for complaints on a time limit on a D E M O lol. Never happy :P