Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Based on the reAction so far, lots of people want to play but think its too much money.

Otherwise they wouldn’t complain.

It’s called put your money where your mouth is. Fans only. Not a fan? Move along!

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    That's a great theory. But this is like saying you can watch any new release for free when it airs on FX in a few years.... when you a buy movie ticket you are actually buying the opportunity to sit in the dark for 2 hours.

The Virtual Ticket is sold to give you access to Blizzcon stages and show. The fact that you can get the info elsewhere is moot. Other things that come with the VT are promo items to sweeten the pot. If you have NO interest in watching Blizzcon and you spend that kind of money on the very insignificant perks that are add-ons... then it's hard to have sympathy when those perks aren't as awesome as you wanted them to be.

It's like marrying a woman because she tells you she is rich and you find out she isn't -- and then you're mad at her. You have only yourself to blame for "marrying for the wrong reasons." Rich metaphor, I know.

You bought the ticket for the wrong reasons. You want to blame the person who sold you the ticket when we all know you are to blame.
    As a game dev I used to buy the ticket to see what they say about their design philosophy and other tips & tricks. But lately they just lie and tell you a story that sounds good. Lost any interest in their fluff pieces they showcase like it's a new wheel when they can't even implement a proper mm algorithm in their games anymore. Let's not forget about the panels about women for some reason, as if we don't see them around in real life.

Until they do something noteworthy or revolutionary, it's a pass on the ticket. If i want to be lied to I'll just watch some ads on tv.

Quote Originally Posted by Joolo View Post
    haha who buy ticket only for demo? i buy ticket to watch blizzcon demo is just bonus ...lol PEOPLE these days are crazy xD
    I think you are more crazy for paying for something you can watch for free.

- - - Updated - - -

Would it be that hard to add more servers so more people could play then?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreo View Post
    I hope you feel great about your virtual ticket.
    why yes I am... thank you
    Last edited by Orby; 2018-11-01 at 09:51 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    You're not banned from using the demo once the 60 minutes are up. This usage timer was put in place because they probably have a limited space on their limited number of servers that are being dedicated to the classic demo. Not to mention you start at level 15, can reach level 19, and only able to play in two zones (one for Alliance and one for Horde). That hour is more than enough in one sitting to get a feel for the demo. If you want to experience more, wait until your timer resets and play some more.
    It does disrupt if you want to play with friends though. To do something else every 60 minutes and then regroup isn't that fun.

Couldn't they just increase the realms?
    I mean they'll need enough realms anyways when it actually goes live.

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    It does disrupt if you want to play with friends though. To do something else every 60 minutes and then regroup isn't that fun.

Maybe they're just trying to sabotage this to then be able to say " see ? we told you that you wouldn't like this. " and the move forward with their "pristine server" idea where you just level slowly without heirlooms etc.

They could, but it's a terrible investment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Murder can be justified and to a certain extent I believe genocide can be justified aswell.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I think you are more crazy for paying for something you can watch for free.

- - - Updated - - -

Would it be that hard to add more servers so more people could play then?
    Firstly, if I watch streams, I have to watch whatever the person running the stream is watching. If I want to be able to switch back and forth between stages, I'd need to load up multiple streams and jump between them. Secondly, if I want to actually support Blizzard and say, "Hey, I like BlizzCon, please continue doing it." then I'm going to pay. Thirdly, getting the digital goodies and access to demos and the like is also a big reason why I buy it, but not the only reason.

7+ Year Old Account

Here is the thing.

example lets say 10,000 people are all interested on playing on 1 realm.

at launch those 10,000 people will all want to play AT LAUNCH and in the (example) 5 starting zones (5 to make numbers easier)
    now that means those 10,000 people split over 5 zones means 2000 people per zone ALL AT ONCE that, that is impossible to manage, server wise, and mechanics wise.

now split it up with demo limits and it is suddenly 2000 people per zone OVER a 10 hour period, meaning 200 per zone, ALOT more managable.
    and on live for example, at first it will be very, very rough, but as weeks pass on and suddenly the 5 zones become 50 zones they are split across, and instead of all playing at once, they are playing over an entire day, it will become about 50 people per zone, easily.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    That's a great theory. But this is like saying you can watch any new release for free when it airs on FX in a few years.... when you a buy movie ticket you are actually buying the opportunity to sit in the dark for 2 hours.

The Virtual Ticket is sold to give you access to Blizzcon stages and show. The fact that you can get the info elsewhere is moot. Other things that come with the VT are promo items to sweeten the pot. If you have NO interest in watching Blizzcon and you spend that kind of money on the very insignificant perks that are add-ons... then it's hard to have sympathy when those perks aren't as awesome as you wanted them to be.

It's like marrying a woman because she tells you she is rich and you find out she isn't -- and then you're mad at her. You have only yourself to blame for "marrying for the wrong reasons." Rich metaphor, I know.

You bought the ticket for the wrong reasons. You want to blame the person who sold you the ticket when we all know you are to blame.
    I'm sorry you feel it's just a theory.

Everyone can enjoy everything offered by the virtual ticket, aside from those perks, for free via several streams the day of. I didn't buy a virtual ticket and I'm not going to. Hope you enjoy those perks you paid for, though!

All this for a demo of a 10 year old game. Wtf.

Ah, the salt from all those people so desperate to let everyone know that they didn't buy a ticket (but are sure as hell going to watch the con)...

Not that I give a shit about the demo, but still.

and you have to pay for this

LOOOOOOOOOOOL

good meme blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Firstly, if I watch streams, I have to watch whatever the person running the stream is watching. If I want to be able to switch back and forth between stages, I'd need to load up multiple streams and jump between them. Secondly, if I want to actually support Blizzard and say, "Hey, I like BlizzCon, please continue doing it." then I'm going to pay. Thirdly, getting the digital goodies and access to demos and the like is also a big reason why I buy it, but not the only reason.
    Yeah, ok? Not sure why you are writing this to me. I'm just arguing with people saying people are dumb for paying for the demo.

Not sure why people are complaining.

Playing for 1 hour and getting dced for half a hour, sounds exactly like the first months of Vanilla for both EU and NA, whats the qq for, VANILLA EXPERIENCE.

Dont forget the 250ms and thinking your connection is the best in your country.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Yeah, ok? Not sure why you are writing this to me. I'm just arguing with people saying people are dumb for paying for the demo.
    I dunno, I think paying $50 for only the demo is pretty dumb myself.

Quote Originally Posted by PlazaPlaza View Post
    WHAT THE FUCK, this is serious bullshit, this demo was 1 of the biggest reason (took me over the edge) to take the virtual ticket and now I'm limited to play even a demo.

I'm always pro blizzard as you know but this is serious BULLSHIT.

Edit: More clear.
    Why should you be entitled to play more than actual attendees?

Quote Originally Posted by Jahaga View Post
    These perks that come with the virtual ticket are the main reason they sell. You can watch everything at Blizzcon for free; someone is always streaming it somewhere.

All the news is updated to MMO-C as soon as it's announced.

In other words, if you're buying the virtual ticket to watch Blizzcon, you're doing it wrong.
    Someone is also always selling copied CDs out of the boot of his car.

Paying Blizzard to watch BlizzCon is the right not the wrong thing to do.

Stockholm syndrome, people were outraged when they announced only a 60 minute demo. Now there's a cooldown to allow more game play. "I guess that's pretty good" lol.

Deleted
    Paying to play a demo is in no way worse then paying to watch a weekend full of ads.