Poll: Do you agree with Don Lemon on this issue?

Page 40 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    This is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen on this forum. And I've seen a lot of stupid shit here.
    Sacramento. Yeah congrats on your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Better double up on your tinfoil hat, I heard Obama's microwaves are able to penetrate through 2 sheets of foil now.

I'm from Nebraska and live in Georgia, does that mean my opinion that you're a nutbag and say stupid things is more valuable? I don't know how this works.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Do you actually believe this, or are you just being provocative?

Because if this is true, do you believe all the supposed evil stuff the Koch Brothers do?
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox...op-soros-orban

Still think he’s innocent? Hungary passed a law named after him forbidding people like him from providing aid to illegal immigrants.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    I'm from Nebraska and live in Georgia, does that mean my opinion that you're a nutbag and say stupid things is more valuable? I don't know how this works.
    Great! Vote for Kemp for me!

I'm not saying he is innocent or guilty, I do not know what he does with his money really... am just saying that what you said sounds a bit... I don't know... paranoid...

The democrats also have very many scary stories about the Koch Brothers... so if the Soros story is true... do you think the Koch Brothers also do shady stuff?

If so, shouldn't the Republicans/Conservatives be as upset about them doing that, if it's true? Or is it because they tend to support conservative causes that it's ok to ignore rich oligarchs who may have way more influence on politics and world affairs, then they should...

I'm just curious how selective your outrage is, I guess.
    I’m sure they do, or have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    This is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen on this forum. And I've seen a lot of stupid shit here.
    This belongs right here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    This belongs right here.
    What's there to debate? He posted a ridiculous conspiracy theory with no evidence to back it up. I can't debate against the delusions of someone's own mind.

So this is a non-snarky question... I am sincerely curious.

If the Democrats tell Soros to stop funding liberal causes, do you think the Republicans would likewise tell the Koch Brothers, or say, Sheldon Adelson from using his wealth to influence elections, and policy?

Because it seems like this just keeps getting worse, more money in politics in the US... I am Russian, moved here (the US) when I was 7... the US is slowly turning into Russia... with Oligarchs having way too much influence on both parties.

In fact there was a study done, not too long ago...

Study: US is an oligarchy, not a democracy
    https://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-echochambers-27074746
    Doubt it. And yeah the U.S. is definitely an oligarchy. Trump and Hillary both have a lot of rich friends that have a lot of pull that helped them win their respective parties. Also you have no chance to be President unless you’re Republican or Democrat. There should also be term limits for Senators, but that will never happen, because they’re the ones that would have to write it into law.

Late to this thread, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    It's statements like this that push more voters to the right
    To clarify then, you mean to say that facts push more voters to the right?

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    Unstable people are the biggest terror threat to this country.
    Aye, and Trump fear mongers to the point that it a) makes more unstable people and b) pushes unstable people into action.

- - - Updated - - -

Doubt it. And yeah the U.S. is definitely an oligarchy. Trump and Hillary both have a lot of rich friends that have a lot of pull that helped them win their respective parties. Also you have no chance to be President unless you’re Republican or Democrat. There should also be term limits for Senators, but that will never happen, because they’re the ones that would have to write it into law.
    Actually, would it be more accurate to call the US a kleptocracy?

What do you think the citizenry can do, regardless of party... (at this point from my POV, fuck both the democrats and republicans...) to get the country back into the hands of the people, as the founding fathers intended... or do you think it is too late?
    Not impossible, but hard given how content people seem to be and never think to vote outside the two parties.

10+ Year Old Account

Great! Vote for Kemp for me!
    If Klansman Kemp wins, it's going to be because he put his thumb on the scale in his favor.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Yes. Facts don't care about your feelings. White men murder more, rape more, and commit more acts of terror than any other race/gender in the history of the planet.

They can live in Mexico. Mexico offered them (Honduran’s) asylum, and they declined it. The whole caravan is a publicity stunt paid for by rich liberals like Soros.
    And they can live here, freedom is awesome. It's a shame the Trumpsters and GOP don't think so.

Do you have any evidence to back up your claim about it being a publicity stunt paid for by people like Soros?

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    This belongs right here.
    The fallacy is that it's slander.

I mean he's right. I think his point is going straight over a lot of people's head though. When people start going on about "we need to do something about so and so race" or religion, it's fearmongering. Because unless you're talking about white males, its a lie. It is flimflammery if someone claims they're worried about terrorism as an excuse to persecute any minority race or religion in the US.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    I mean he's right. I think his point is going straight over a lot of people's head though. When people start going on about "we need to do something about so and so race" or religion, it's fearmongering. Because unless you're talking about white males, its a lie. It is flimflammery if someone claims they're worried about terrorism as an excuse to persecute any minority race or religion in the US.
    If bringing up terror statistics is demonizing a race, then what is Don Lemon doing bringing up terror statistics?

They aren't incorrect. But, it does make him a massive hypocrite.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    If bringing up terror statistics is demonizing a race, then what is Don Lemon doing bringing up terror statistics?

They aren't incorrect. But, it does make him a massive hypocrite.
    Not at all. This is arguing that you have to somehow argue a point without directly addressing it or bringing it into context. Apparently we can only argue racism by treating the subject like we would observe a black hole, only noting the things around it rather than the subject itself.

In context, Lemon was pretty clear. He brought up that people are simply people, and if we're going to use labels as a method of grouping people into collective categories of bad, we have to be consistent with that yardstick and note that there are other labeled groups - and one in particular - that stands at the head of the line for action if we're going to take action based on those labels.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    You post these threads with a 30 second clip that's out of context. Or you repeat what some talking head said who trying boost his ratings.

In this case I think you did both.
    That feeling when even Hubcap calls bullshit on you.

I wonder if Don Lemon's comments will be the "deplorables" moment of 2018 that sinks the Democrats...again. Granted he's not running for office, but these things seem to galvanize the right fairly quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Huulo View Post
    You changed my words, but my point still stands. In your view of justice, one person can be restricted from travel for living in a country in which extremism runs rampant.
    Fixed again. Hopefully you'll stop one day, or quit pretending you're missing the point.