Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    You know people are just going to be doing hogger raids anyways for most of that time. ;D
    Though they wont be able to since the only playable zones in the demo are The Barrens and Westfall..

You would think all the virtual ticket proceeds would enable them to open up multiple servers and not throttle the demo... you would think.

Bloodsail Admiral Killmaim Deathbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is a good thing. Thank you blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Though they wont be able to since the only playable zones in the demo are The Barrens and Westfall..
    [1.- General] XxIllidanxX - anyone seen mankriks wife?
    [1.- General] .....
    You have been disconnected. Please wait 30 minutes.
    XxIllidanxX -

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    It does disrupt if you want to play with friends though. To do something else every 60 minutes and then regroup isn't that fun.

Couldn't they just increase the realms?
    I mean they'll need enough realms anyways when it actually goes live.
    Then if you want to play with friends during a stupid demo then coordinate with them when THEY are able to play so you can enjoy your demo TOGETHER. Its not like you get to save your progress during the DEMO onto the live servers. A demo is just a DEMO and not meant to be hours upon hours of game play. It is meant to give you a taste for a game before you purchase it.

Also @FelPlague hit the nail on the head with her example. The launch or early release of the demo is going to attract thousands of people who all want to play the demo. These thousands of players will be split between 2 zones. Barrens for Horde players and Westfall for Alliance players no matter which of the 8 original races from the game (6 starting zones) you chose. There will be no dungeons open. There will be no other zones you're able to venture off too including old Org. I don't even think WSG (the only battleground that was open to lvl 15-19 players at the time) is going to be open. All you're able to do is walk around Westfall or the Barrens doing quests or killing random shit in the zone. Oh man does this sound fun!

Oh boohoo you can't afk for hours in one zone until you decide to finish your 4 levels and the demo.

So many people here with their tongue so far up Blizzard's ass I'm impressed how they are able to breathe.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickybuds79 View Post
    [1.- General] XxIllidanxX - anyone seen mankriks wife?
    [1.- General] .....
    You have been disconnected. Please wait 30 minutes.
    XxIllidanxX -
    Would you prefer being #16938 in que for 5 hours before getting to #16937?

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    It does disrupt if you want to play with friends though. To do something else every 60 minutes and then regroup isn't that fun.
    Vanilla havent had LFG tool so this is how it was done ages back, you either wait for your friends to group up and do the content, LFG/LFM spam General and Trade ....or you rolled a priest. Then you are lucky son of a gun because whole server would want you as their BFF
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyanmaru View Post
    It's not nerfed unless it's live.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    Can't believe people would pay $50,- to play this while u can play plenty of private servers..
    "Can't believe people would pay for anything when you can just steal it and get it for free." - Hyrja 2018
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunstation View Post
    Who even pays to watch blizzcon? Most overrated convention...
    But who pay 40 eur for CLOACK? xDDDD

Quote Originally Posted by Benedictu View Post
    You would think all the virtual ticket proceeds would enable them to open up multiple servers and not throttle the demo... you would think.
    Read Felplague's comment on the third page. Glad it's so easy to tell who hasn't read the thread and just decided to post based on the title.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is the biggest case of whining about nothing so far. For every other blizzcon demo it was only available at the con itself, give it to the virtual ticket holders and people cry about it. This community is so depressing. Only Westfall and the Barrens are available, how many hours do you really think you need?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tripax View Post
    All this for a demo of a 10 year old game. Wtf.
    Your ability to do math is most impressive /endsarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles55 View Post
    Paying $50 to play a demo of a 14 year old game LOL.
    Paying money for any game/thing from Activision Blizzard since tokens LOL

Instead of only attendants being able to test stuff you now get free access from around the world and people still bitching. Classic is rounding up to be a wonderful cesspool.

I was wondering, where I download the classic demo (I am a virtual ticket holder)? I didn't see it on the Blizzcon website or in my in game launcher. So with the help of some Googling I learned that they will not release the download link until after the Blizzcon opening ceremonies wrap up tonight.

Just an FYI.

/ducks

I take issue : Vanilla was all about huge server queues and unlimited, life-destroying gaming time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    I was wondering, where I download the classic demo (I am a virtual ticket holder)? I didn't see it on the Blizzcon website or in my in game launcher.
    You should see the Classic demo in the Battle.net application, on the World of Warcraft page, in the drop-down where you can switch accounts or pick PTR realms.

Quote Originally Posted by hyphnos View Post
    Blah blah semantical nonsense. If someone bought the VT because of the demo then they fucking sold a demo with a VT. If the primary reason the person bought it was the VT then the reverse is true.

Rest assured, they sold a LOT of demos that came with a virtual ticket. Just like last year they sold a bunch of mounts that happened to come with one.

Different people value different aspects of it and to pretend that they would sell as many VTs without additional bribes is just being deliberately obtuse.
    That's an interesting perspective. I don't agree with it (it kind of reminds me of the ol' author's intending meaning versus the readers' inferred meanings). In other words, during a McDonalds Monopoly challenge, you would posit that people are buying burgers and fries solely for the peel-offs. I would argue that they are buying burger fries because they want to eat burgers and the peel-offs are just an added bonus.

Actually, no. That's not quite right. You would argue McDonalds is selling peel-offs that happen to come with burgers. I am arguing McDonalds is selling burgers that happen to come with peel-offs.

But hey... if "I was just buying some conversation that happened to come with sex" works as your defense, then I'd say go for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jahaga View Post
    "Hey, how do we get more people to watch our thing even though they learn of everything we discuss somewhere on the internet for free?"
    "Uhhhmmmm..... let's offer in-game items and access to that thing that is incredibly popular among our customers."

Marketing. In its most basic form.
    Still doesn't mean they aren't selling Tickets with value-added items (that's the basic marketing term for this concept). If a restaurant offers a free coke with my burger it doesn't mean they are selling cokes with free burgers. You, as the buyer, can CHOOSE to look at it that way (and then be upset with when it's only a small coke). If a pet store offers free leashes when you buy a dog, it does not mean they are selling leashes that come with a free dog.

They are selling tickets. It doesn't matter what comes with those tickets -- a short demo, an in-game mount, or a new boat -- the thing they are selling is the ticket. That is what you are buying. If you -- the royal you -- buy that ticket for motives other than enjoying what that ticket offers and then are disappointed with the "extras" then I cannot have much sympathy for you.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Then if you want to play with friends during a stupid demo then coordinate with them when THEY are able to play so you can enjoy your demo TOGETHER. Its not like you get to save your progress during the DEMO onto the live servers. A demo is just a DEMO and not meant to be hours upon hours of game play. It is meant to give you a taste for a game before you purchase it.

Also @FelPlague hit the nail on the head with her example. The launch or early release of the demo is going to attract thousands of people who all want to play the demo. These thousands of players will be split between 2 zones. Barrens for Horde players and Westfall for Alliance players no matter which of the 8 original races from the game (6 starting zones) you chose. There will be no dungeons open. There will be no other zones you're able to venture off too including old Org. I don't even think WSG (the only battleground that was open to lvl 15-19 players at the time) is going to be open. All you're able to do is walk around Westfall or the Barrens doing quests or killing random shit in the zone. Oh man does this sound fun!
    there should be no artifical limits on players, they all want genuine vanilla experience, that comes WITH the constant lags, DCs and queues. no queue - no true experience.