Poll: Should the military shoot protesters who throw rocks at them?

Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vekshan View Post
    The relevant part of all this is throwing a rock at someone's head.
    Repeatedly while they are completely immobilized. That's a very key difference you need to ponder some more.

Irrespective of that, lets remember that the purpose of a use of force in a riot situation is not retaliatory like you seem to think. Its purpose is to enforce compliance. And once the compliance is reached the show of force is to stop. For that reason alone live ammunition is not only unnecessary in this scenario, its also immoral.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    No we should allow them to become tax paying citizens.

I mean for people to travel that far and face that many hardships just for a chance at the American dream, is exactly the kind of people we should want to be part of the country.

I'd take one of these for every incel suckling at their mom's tit, living in her basement, while telling the everyone on internet that women and minorities owe them something.
    Eventually they could if their asylum is approved. It's a long process. I still want changes to immigration to speed parts of it up so we document people and make green cards temporary status with a time limit so you are forced to become a citizen.
    Last edited by Barnabas; 2018-11-02 at 02:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Renedric View Post
    Do you have eye sight problem? Can you not read that i stated it CAN be just as deadly. As cavemen we used rocks as weapons. A large rock can cave your head right in. I'll leave it up to you if you think you can survive something like that, in the end the result is still the same; you can die. Don't be that moron that benchmarks rock vs bullet dmg.
    These are going to be military troops, likely deployed in full battle rattle. Interceptor vests with SAPIs and Kevlar lined combat helmets. I knew a guy that got shot in the helmet with a 7.62 from a Dragunov and the helmet kept him alive against the bullet.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Repeatedly while they are completely immobilized. That's a very key difference you need to ponder some more.
    Well, there's thousands of them. They are capable of some quite repeated stone throwing, and if military tries to form a defensive line, they are practically immobilized. It only takes one good hit to kill someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Irrespective of that, lets remember that the purpose of a use of force in a riot situation is not retaliatory like you seem to think. Its purpose is to enforce compliance. And once the compliance is reached the show of force is to stop. For that reason alone live ammunition is not only unnecessary in this scenario, its also immoral
    Of course, non lethal methods should be exhausted first. It would be nice if they turned around, went home and the incident resolved peacefully. Or if tear gas was enough. It's not like I'm saying they should shoot on sight. But if they do an organized charge or coordinated attacks with hundreds of them throwing rocks, then military has the right to defend their lives.

If someone attacks you, you should retaliate in equal fashion. Someone throwing rocks at you is either trying to kill you, or to cause major harm, so you should do the same. This goes for every person in the world, military included.

Eye for an eye baby! Just throw rocks back. gg wp

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    I AGREE we should throw rocks at those awful draenei.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NoRest4Wicked View Post
    These are going to be military troops, likely deployed in full battle rattle. Interceptor vests with SAPIs and Kevlar lined combat helmets. I knew a guy that got shot in the helmet with a 7.62 from a Dragunov and the helmet kept him alive against the bullet.
    A 7.62 only weighs 25 grams. Even with the (considerably) slower velocity, a rock can easily have more energy in it and can cause a concussion through a helmet.

If people can't be civilized and insist on being violent when the odds are clearly against them, I'd say go for it, just like I wouldn't like having stones thrown in my direction.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    That would be INHUMAN. Are those soldiers literally trying to kill those poor refugees with lethal assault rocks?

It is irrelevant that they are "desperate" or "refugees". The only thing matters is that they want to throw rocks at people. And there's thousands of them. They are perfectly capable of killing people.
    As I said, you literally have no business telling anyone what is and isn't civil.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    As I said, you literally have no business telling anyone what is and isn't civil.
    A weapon in the hands of a desperate refugee is just as lethal as the same weapon in the hands of an average person. I'm sorry you missed my point.

15+ Year Old Account
    As much as I'm against this happening, I would absolutely LOVE for this to happen so agent orange can get tried for war crimes or some shit for doing it. Him going to jail for treason isn't good enough for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    As much as I'm against this happening, I would absolutely LOVE for this to happen so agent orange can get tried for war crimes or some shit for doing it. Him going to jail for treason isn't good enough for me.
    Six more years

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    That moment in which you are so much against innocent people being murdered, but you would love for it to happen just to own the Orange Bad Man.
    Some people have pathetic online personas. haha..

10+ Year Old Account
    There are much better ways to suppress and contain riots as well as protesters getting violent than to shoot at them.

A 7.62 only weighs 25 grams. Even with the (considerably) slower velocity, a rock can easily have more energy in it and can cause a concussion through a helmet.
    Can you do the maths for me on this?

I might be wrong but my calculations show that a 1kg stone needs to be throw at 450 km/h to have the same kinetic energy

That's the single fucking dumbest thing you have said in this thread.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    That moment in which you are so much against innocent people being murdered, but you would love for it to happen just to own the Orange Bad Man.
    Some people have pathetic online personas. haha..
    You've got to break a few eggs to make an omelette. This would be a case of the innocents being eggs and the omelette being him rotting behind bars until he's put to death instead of ruining the country. And I'm not talking about the military slaughtering everyone there. Just one is enough to be tried for war crimes under his order. Hell I'm not even sure that the person would have to die for him to get tried for it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    We're talking about rocks here. The most deadly weapon on the face of the planet. Those are bullet proof vests. Not rock proof vests.
    Hopefully sarcasm doesn't count as trolling.
    Bulletproof vests are also ineffective against knife stabs. The more you learn.
    But you know, instead of arguing about the killing power of rocks, how about just NOT ATTACKING THE DAMN MILITARY?