Unholy ~ Necromancer

There probably won’t be a necromancer class, because unholy DKs are basically that.
    They could’ve just called it necromancy from the get-go instead of unholy.

But why are there so many youtubers hoping that blizz announces necromancers?
    Rework a couple unholy abilities, maybe make it an all ranged spec? Desecrated ground sure was a nice ability with a necromancer feel to it.

Anyone agree?
    DK faceroll omnomnom

I agree,at best they could make a 4th spec for DK called necromancer and more of a caster spec,but a whole class would feel redundant

There is already a thread about this.

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    I agree,at best they could make a 4th spec for DK called necromancer and more of a caster spec,but a whole class would feel redundant

LoL. As if nothing in this game isn't already redundant.

Dark Ranger is the next class, I will keep saying it. Sylvanas and or Nathanos will leave the Horde allowing for Neutral Dark Rangers and they will be a huge part of the Undeath expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Dark Ranger is the next class, I will keep saying it. Sylvanas and or Nathanos will leave the Horde allowing for Neutral Dark Rangers and they will be a huge part of the Undeath expansion.
    Definitely seems to be building up to that. Not sure how it would work, to be honest. A petless hunter with poisons? Somewhat demon hunter-esque from Diablo 3?
    DK faceroll omnomnom

Quote Originally Posted by Sarrgoth View Post
    Definitely seems to be building up to that. Not sure how it would work, to be honest. A petless hunter with poisons? Somewhat demon hunter-esque from Diablo 3?
    Dark Arrow, Siphoning Shot (for lifesteal over time), Banshee Shot (some kind of scream directed at the arrow to power it up), Miasma (What Sylvanas does when she turns into a purple mist and does massive AOE damage), probably Poisons/Imbuements as well both ranged and melee adding effects to your auto attacks, Very likely Stealth with a cooldown based on your spec. They Will also definitely have something unique like every hero class. I am thinking some kind of Banshee form toggle that allows you to move at mount speed and fly in areas that allow it when you are out of combat. I have been thinking about how cool this class could be designed, if only I was allowed to plan it out and design it.

Dark Arrow, Siphoning Shot (for lifesteal over time), Banshee Shot (some kind of scream directed at the arrow to power it up), Miasma (What Sylvanas does when she turns into a purple mist and does massive AOE damage), probably Poisons/Imbuements as well both ranged and melee adding effects to your auto attacks, Very likely Stealth with a cooldown based on your spec. They Will also definitely have something unique like every hero class. I am thinking some kind of Banshee form toggle that allows you to move at mount speed and fly in areas that allow it when you are out of combat. I have been thinking about how cool this class could be designed, if only I was allowed to plan it out and design it.
    This all sounds very cool, dude. I only have one problem with it, and that is that it sounds awfully like it would be another mega-mobile, assassin-esque, leather (probably mail, because reasons) class. It doesn’t seem like it would be a breath of fresh air. We still don’t have a cloth wearing hero class. And the two latest classes have been these quick annoyances.
    DK faceroll omnomnom

Deleted
    they only need to up the range on festering strike and adjust for the loss of white hit melee dps.
    other than that, unholy is already a sort of mid range caster spec.
    i m really enjoying it.

Many of Sylvanas abilities come from her being the Banshee Queen. Dark Rangers can’t do what Sylvanas can.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Many of Sylvanas abilities come from her being the Banshee Queen. Dark Rangers can’t do what Sylvanas can.
    dark rangers are still banshees inhabiting their corpse.

sylvanas' abilities are stronger, cause she's a lot of people's waifu, but other dark rangers should have similar abilities.

but yeah, @Unholyground has some good ideas on it. i'd like to see the banshee scream as their interrupt. big AoE interrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    dark rangers are still banshees inhabiting their corpse.

sylvanas' abilities are stronger, cause she's a lot of people's waifu, but other dark rangers should have similar abilities.

but yeah, @Unholyground has some good ideas on it. i'd like to see the banshee scream as their interrupt. big AoE interrupt.
    The current Dark Rangers in the game don’t have any of Sylvanas Banshee related abilities so they would need to introduce a new type of Dark Ranger to the game.

Deleted
    There probably won't be a priest class because paladin is basically.....

...oh wait

7+ Year Old Account
    Or we could stop talking about this topic altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    The current Dark Rangers in the game don’t have any of Sylvanas Banshee related abilities so they would need to introduce a new type of Dark Ranger to the game.
    we've not seen enough to know whether they do or do not have her abilities.

they SHOULD since they're dark rangers, a banshee inside of a corpse she/he chose to inhabit.

that's how every other hero works, too. they have the same abilities, they're just stronger because of idiocy(i wouldn't have heroes be that much stronger than everyone else if it were up to me.)

There probably won’t be a necromancer class, because unholy DKs are basically that.
    They could’ve just called it necromancy from the get-go instead of unholy.

But why are there so many youtubers hoping that blizz announces necromancers?
    Rework a couple unholy abilities, maybe make it an all ranged spec? Desecrated ground sure was a nice ability with a necromancer feel to it.

Anyone agree?

Well, yes they could simply call unholy, necromancy, not like blizz never did it before, in legion prepatch combat rogues turned into outlaws.

With more ranged DD emphasis, with that pistol shot at all times, and other ranged abilities, but still doing its main dmg in melee, while having stuff like evasion, thats a true melee/range dd hybrid.

I always thought, unholy should be a ranged dd spec, because unholy kites so well, with death advance, IoC, while doing quite mobile dmg with dots, pets and CS. Its allready possible to kite mobs and melee players alike to death. Imagine the numbers upped a little bit, how powerful this is.

The design is here.

I mean, it was a nice experiment with a spec to work as a hybrid, but it feels not really right, making much sense. Actually going into melee range for merely 1 ability feels dumb. FS could be a ranged ability, too.

And DS simply replaced by death syphon.

NS could also work at range.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    I feel, the 4th spec should be a DD variation of the blood spec, that would be in line with the original dks released in wotlk. Unholy should just be renamed/reworked.

- - - Updated - - -

This all sounds very cool, dude. I only have one problem with it, and that is that it sounds awfully like it would be another mega-mobile, assassin-esque, leather (probably mail, because reasons) class. It doesn’t seem like it would be a breath of fresh air. We still don’t have a cloth wearing hero class. And the two latest classes have been these quick annoyances.
    well, yeah, there must be a new cloth class!

But to be fair, there aren't too many mail classes in the game.