Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chase123 View Post
    This blizzcon has almost no hype behind it.
    Aside from Classic, yeah.

No new WoW expansion and the current expansion is generally disliked. They dampened the Diablo hype earlier this week. Overwatch and HotS may have some goodies, but their content releases are steady and small.

I usually buy the Virtual Ticket, but I'm still on the fence right now.

Diablo 4 rumor getting squashed killed the hype for many people

I was wondering the same, but I have a clock, so it doesn't matter.

Deleted
    No hype imo...

No D4 killed the little hype I had for this blizzcon

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chase123 View Post
    This blizzcon has almost no hype behind it.
    *blizzcon has no hype behind it.*

Wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Melius View Post
    it's because the game already bombed. no countdowns needed anymore duuuh
    There's more games at Blizzcon than just WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by varren View Post
    Diablo 4 rumor getting squashed killed the hype for many people
    On the other hand at least they won't have to deal with fake leaks building hype so much that it causes the fandom to blow up in anger at Blizzard.

Like Smash and the "Grinch" Fakes.

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Lets count down together!!!!

2:21:36
    1:24 /10char
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

The lack of Diablo 4 honestly shows how far this company has fallen.

I'm not big on sequels, I'm not big on games coming out every 2-3 years that make irrelevant what I did in the previous installment. However, Diablo 4 is like 2 years overdue, and they aren't even announcing it. Not only that, but its stunning no expansion was released. Wasn't Diablo 3 one of the best selling games of all time? Wouldn't it make sense to release expansions and continue to make money?

Apparently not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post

I'm not big on sequels, I'm not big on games coming out every 2-3 years that make irrelevant what I did in the previous installment. However, Diablo 4 is like 2 years overdue, and they aren't even announcing it. Not only that, but its stunning no expansion was released. Wasn't Diablo 3 one of the best selling games of all time? Wouldn't it make sense to release expansions and continue to make money?

Apparently not.
    Morhaime decided to retire (got fired) for a reason. It's probably far more about losing the esports market as badly as he did but the Diablo IP being wasted is on the list

Apparently not.
    Blizzard knows it killed the Diablo IP by butchering Diablo 3. There's no point in releasing an expac for D3 since the playerbase is pretty small at this point. Also the time from D2 to D3 is over 10 years, same with SC1 to SC2. It's not uncommon for Blizzard to ignore those 2 IP's, especially when their bread and butter has shifted to more profitable IP's like WoW, Overwatch, and Hearthstone.

Tbh I don't predict we will ever see mainline Diablo or Starcraft games again, just offshoots. Both of their plot lines are written into dead ends with extremely poor story telling.

Not much need for one, have a tab to the top right with schedule. Those who will likely be watching it have a ticket and know what time it starts anyway.

I'm sure closer to the time, the opening ceremony and free stuff will be on the front page.

Only 45 minutes of WoW - What's Next and Q&A?

Isn't that less than previous years, or am I recalling incorrectly?

Quote Originally Posted by Gvstoned View Post
    How about you try reading the time in these BLANK squares. Oh and did I mention the squares are blank?
    One with the same issue I got! I am not alone!

Also that Blizzcon button on the front page doesn't stand that much out, so many will miss that it is even there.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Only 45 minutes of WoW - What's Next and Q&A?

Isn't that less than previous years, or am I recalling incorrectly?
    They can't really do more since it is only info about 8.2 and maybe some 8.3. There's probably not much new coming so no need to draw it out.

Apparently not.
    Diablo has two panels though, compared to StarCraft just having one... we will see if that actually means anything soon.

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    They can't really do more since it is only info about 8.2 and maybe some 8.3. There's probably not much new coming so no need to draw it out.
    True enough, I suppose.